Headbands that stay

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by Skpnw, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Skpnw

Skpnw Mouseketeer

I am currently on a search for a comfortable headband that stays put on my runs. I just want it to hold back those short wisps of hair that won't pull back into my ponytail. I have tried those Goody ones. Didn't work. I have moved onto the UnderArmour ones - they are ok, but when I am out for a long run (over 1 hour), if it gets too sweaty, it doesn't stay put.

I have heard about SweatyBands - any good? or any other recommendations??

Now that the weather is getting a bit warmer, I don't need to wear my running beanie so headbands are a must.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lisah0711

lisah0711 <font color=red>♥ <font color=royalblue>her Disney

I really like the bondiband headbands that I got from WISH. :thumbsup2

4. Strawberry's mom&dad

Strawberry's mom&dad DIS Veteran

I second bondibands. They work great and help wick sweat away.

5. Phdmama06

Phdmama06 DIS Veteran

I personally didn't care for bondi bands. They always slip off my head. I've had very good luck with sweaty bands though!

6. Elleshoodat

Elleshoodat DIS Veteran

I haven't tried Bondi Bands, but I do like SweatyBands. Lululemon also makes some that don't slip.

7. es45

es45 DIS Veteran

Glad to know I am not the only one with Bondi bands slipping. I like Sparkly Souls bands the best.

8. Bephus

Bephus DIS Veteran

I also like sparkly souls the best. I have found every other brand slips. I think it is the combo of velvet and elastic all the way around. Plus they are super cute!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

9. icicle

icicle Mouseketeer

My faves are chica bands. They look similar to the sweaty bands but i can buy them at my local running store.

10. jpeka65844

jpeka65844 DIS Veteran

I wear a Bondiband and it holds pretty well for me and I usually can't keep anything on my head. I wear a real wide one and sometimes I secure it with bobby pins.

11. mufasa0505

mufasa0505 DIS Veteran

I have a Punkeelove headband that I love. It stays on better than my Sweatyband, and they had better patterns.

12. Ariel484

Ariel484 DIS Veteran

I like Sweaty Bands. They are pricey but they work...if you get on their email list they sometimes send out discount codes (20% off or free shipping, etc.), especially around holidays. I've also seen a small selection of them at my local D-I-C-K's Sporting Goods. I just realized I lost one of mine yesterday :sad1: so I'm on the lookout for a discount email for St. Patrick's Day. :thumbsup2

13. Ariel224

Ariel224 DIS Veteran

Don't you just love it when the board's filters try to do their job on a legitimate post? Lol!

14. Stitch_lover_Sith

Stitch_lover_Sith <font color=royalblue>So I want to weigh in on thi

Bang buster headband by lululemon. Or the bondi bands.

15. Ariel484

Ariel484 DIS Veteran

Haha, actually I did that in the original post! I knew from prior experience it wouldn't go through...:p

16. Frootcakes

Frootcakes Earning My Ears

I used to use Bondi bands - but, my middle school niece told me to use athletic pre-wrap as a headband. You can buy the pre-wrap in a multitude of colors for 3.00 - 4.00 a roll at most sporting goods stores - tear off a strip (I usually fold mine in half lengthwise) and then tie it around your head as tight as you desire. Ran the Disney half, the Gasparilla 15K and 8K - and the pre-wrap headband never moved. Best part - at the end of the race...throw it in the trash. I have a pink roll and a black roll - and they have both lasted since August - and I use some almost every day.

17. Ariel224

Ariel224 DIS Veteran

Oh, I knew you had to do that on purpose. I just thought is was funny!

18. Ariel224

Ariel224 DIS Veteran

I have actually seen something like the prewrap marketed for the hair. Can't think of what it is called, though.....

19. runsandjumps

runsandjumps DIS Veteran

The prewrap sounds perfect.

20. kirstie101

kirstie101 DIS Veteran

Goody and asics little ones dont work for me at all. Bondi bands are better but they still slip on me. The only ones I have had luck with are sweaty bands and bic bands which are similar to sweaty bands. I just read on a blog that all purple bic bands are on sale this month at www.bicbands.com

21. Ariel484

Ariel484 DIS Veteran

Just got an email from Sweaty Bands...

- Select bands are on sale for $13.50 through April 1 (they are all pastel colors)
    - Take 20% off with promo code GREEN through March 17

Pretty sure the offers cannot be combined.

:goodvibes