He Was Bitten, Bitten By The Bug! A Nov-Dec '12 TR **WRAP UP 7/26**

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by PhoenixStrength, Dec 8, 2012.

1. ronnmel

ronnmel DIS Veteran

I can understand being sad and not feeling like being there anymore when you are sick and things are not going your way. I'm going to guess by your title that your friend did make it to Disney in the end. ;)

I agree, the picture with Spaceship Earth turned out great. And isn't that border just perfect for that? :goodvibes

I love your pictures with the dancing fountain as well.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PhoenixStrength

PhoenixStrength Waiting for my fairytale!

I really loved that shot. I'm bummed it's a bit blurry but it looked like a postcard to me. :goodvibes

It wasn't the best night, that's for sure. Him telling me that Saturday and Monday were definitely out of the question, and knowing that Sunday would be too if he didn't finish everything on Saturday just bummed me out. And feeling sick just made it so much worse. You'll have to wait to see what happens with him....:rolleyes1

I really love that border on that picture in front of SSE. And the dancing fountain with the changing colored lights was really cool to watch. I stood there for at least 5 minutes just watching it, and occasionally taking pictures of it. :goodvibes

4. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Well, boo on your friend! :sad: I know that you wanted to spend some time with him. The nighttime pictures turned out so good. Mine are always blurry and plain old bad. It does look like you were able to get a good spot for Illuminations. Not a tree in sight. :rotfl:

5. PhoenixStrength

I was bummed, but I knew he had to finish his work before he could possibly come see me. I was just really hoping he'd get it all done on Saturday!

No trees for me! :lmao:

6. captaindavidhook

captaindavidhook <font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co

That Bambi picture and epcot pic are awesome. Bambi one is very adorable. Great pictures as usual.

7. Pluto0809

Pluto0809 DIS Veteran

I had no idea there was a Gingerbread House in Liberty Inn! I swear every time I think I know everything about Disney, I learn something new.

Beautiful night pictures in Epcot! Glad you got a great place for Illuminations. I may try that area in a few weeks.

8. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

I'm sorry you weren't exactly in the spirit of things, but I'm glad you at least decided to stick around for Illuminations. I'm sure you'd have regretted if you'd left the park when you had the preferred viewing area for the show.

9. PhoenixStrength

Thanks, the Christmas topiaries of all of the characters were great!

I didn't know it either, until I walked (ok, ran) past to get to the bathroom ahead of the crowd and saw it thru the window. It was much smaller than the GF one, but still cute!

Definitely try that area, as I've done it there twice now and loved it both times. Great view with nothing blocking you from seeing it all! :goodvibes

I am definitely glad I stuck around for Illuminations, as it improved my mood some.

10. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Great updates (sorry I'm a little behind...trying to save wrestling yesterday ;)). Love all the photos around World Showcase (those trees with the red on them were so very different). The photopass picture of you in front of Spaceship Earth is fabulous...one of the best yet!

11. PhoenixStrength

No problem at all! I hope the IOC changes their mind!

The trees with the red flower in them were interesting, for sure. I only remember seeing them in the UK pavilion, but they could have been elsewhere.

Thanks! I do really like that PP pic in front of SSE, though I like the ones taken at AK a couple days later the best! :goodvibes

12. PhoenixStrength

DAY TWO, FRIDAY NOVEMBER 30TH, PART SEVEN

At 9:30pm, the special Holiday Illuminations started! I really loved my view even more once it started as I could see everything and got tons of great pictures. These next few posts will just be picture of Illuminations, so enjoy!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

13. PhoenixStrength

Even more Illuminations pictures!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

14. PhoenixStrength

And more Illuminations pictures (last post of them….I think!!!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And after 17 minutes it was over! Believe it or not, that’s less than half the pictures I took of Illuminations too.

Of course there was a mad stampede for the exit, so I stayed put for a few minutes. I had originally planned to stay for extra magic hours, but since I didn’t feel well I decided I’d leave, though I wasn’t in a rush. I stopped by a PP taking shots by the tree first…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First one was my camera, second was the PP shot. Then I stopped at another for a pic with Mickey and Minnie (though they weren’t very talkative!). Again, my camera is the first shot, theirs is the second.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They were projecting their farewells on SSE at this time….

[​IMG]

And Happy Holidays by the front gates.

[​IMG]

I got on the bus to POP at 10:39pm and was at POP Century at 10:54pm. Not much of a line at that point so the bus was full, but not crazy like I’m sure it was a bit earlier!

Once I got to POP I headed right to my room. From the 4th floor I took a quick picture of the Hippy Dippy Pool with no one in it!

[​IMG]

When I got to my room I was cheered up by seeing this in my window:

[​IMG]

And several more towel animals inside!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I quickly downloaded my pictures from my camera onto my laptop and was in bed by 11:30pm. Thankfully I slept well, as I had another big day tomorrow at Hollywood Studios!

NEXT TIME: WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT’S BROKE DOWN?!!!!

15. Pluto0809

Pluto0809 DIS Veteran

Wonderful Illuminations pictures! My little camera does not do well with night pictures. Everytime I see great night pictures on a TR I think I should upgrade. Then I think about the fact that I would have to lug a bigger camera around and the idea goes out the window. :lmao:

I love the PP pictures with the tree and Mickey & Minnie. :rotfl2: at the comment on them not talking much. I thought, "but they don't talk". Then the light bulb went on and I realized that you meant because they were Topiaries. I think I'm a little slow today. :rolleyes1

16. ronnmel

ronnmel DIS Veteran

It's amazing how zoomed in your pictures of the globe are! And they're pretty clear too, not blurry. Awesome!

17. SAT887

SAT887 DIS Veteran

Your pictures are great! It does seem like that was a great viewing area. I love how Illuminations is such a "low" firework display. (Sigh) I want to go back! Also that elephant towel animal is so cute!!!

18. PhoenixStrength

I really love my camera (Nikon Coolpix L120) because it has an awesome zoom, takes great pics and isn't that heavy. And it wasn't expensive either (~$250).

I know they never talk, but the characters do interact at least. Not those ones though! :lmao:

I got lots of blurry ones too, but only posted the good ones! :thumbsup2 I do love how great the zoom is on my camera, 21x optical!

Thanks! I do really like that viewing spot, and it was even better that it was a reserved area, so it wasn't overly crowded. There were a lot of people there, but you still had elbow space!

Isn't it cute??? I really loved that, and my stuffed animals sledding down the chair! :rotfl:

19. SAT887

SAT887 DIS Veteran

I heart Nikon. I have a Coolpix P500- but my DSLR is my camera of choice. Almost debating selling the P500....

I couldn't figure out the sledding animals but now it makes sense!!! So cute!!

20. PhoenixStrength

I'd love to get a DSLR, but not in my budget right now, so I'm happy with my Nikon!

It took me a minute to realize they were sledding too!

21. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! Illuminations pictures! Absolutely beautiful!