He Was Bitten, Bitten By The Bug! A Nov-Dec '12 TR **WRAP UP 7/26**

I'm sad to hear that it's not looking good for Sweetie.

Poor Sweetie. I hope is whatever it is it can be dealt with. And poor Steph.... You should get a good streak soon! You deserve and need it!

Thanks to both of you. I hope it's something treatable, and she still has many more years with me.

OTHER NEWS:

So, in addition to the bad news about Sweetie's test results, my sister Lisa also found out today that she has Celiac's Disease. If you don't know what that is, it's wheat allergies, meaning she has to eat a gluten-free diet for the rest of her life. This is especially hard for her as she is an extremely picky eater, and 95% of what she eats is filled with gluten. She is researching gluten-free options for her favorite foods now and emailing back and forth with a friend of mine who also has Celiac's. Fun day for my family today. :worried:

DAY TWO, FRIDAY NOVEMBER 30TH, PART TWO

Once I finished with Living with the Land it still wasn’t time for my Soarin’ Fastpass, so I headed next door to ride Journey into the Imagination with Figment. I never rode any version other than this one, and I enjoy it, though it’s not a must-do for me. I used the restroom quickly, then headed inside.

592_zps20cb29b3.jpg

593_zpsab00c9ba.jpg

594_zps688ba241.jpg

595_zps7ea20b05.jpg

There was NOONE in there and the poor CM in charge of boarding was just standing there bored. I got in a car, and so did a couple that walked in behind me, then they started the tour of the laboratory! A lot of my pictures turned out quite blurry, but I did get some good ones!

596_zpsbbc919cf.jpg

598_zps9166ff79.jpg

599_zps7a301d80.jpg

600_zps1ab8d2b5.jpg

601_zps401cff1e.jpg

602_zps8b844a81.jpg

I didn’t stop at any of the exhibits after getting off the attraction, though there were a few families in there playing around. I was starting to not feel very well, my head was hurting and I was feeling more sinus pain and pressure, so I just wanted to sit down. Thankfully there was something right next to Figment where I could sit for a bit, and it was something I had never, ever done before. What, you ask? Captain Eo!

603_zps68868f45.jpg

605_zpse5fc39a8.jpg

When I walked in I only had about 5 minutes to wait until the let us in the theater and it started. What can I say about it??? Umm…I’m glad I did it once, but I have zero interest in seeing it again. I thought it made no sense and was funny in ways it shouldn’t be. :confused:

I still wasn’t feeling great, so I skipped doing Soarin’ a second time and headed back to the front of the park to see what the wait was like for SSE. Some pictures along the walk:

606_zpsd4742677.jpg

607_zps2b3835bd.jpg

609_zpsc83e7563.jpg

610_zps4c726a4e.jpg

As you can see from the pictures the sky was still nice, and so was the temperature. However, it was a bit windy by that point. It didn't impact my day really, but the wind stayed pretty breezy most of the day.

When I got to Spaceship Earth I saw this sign:

612_zpsccf471a6.jpg

Well, the line was at that point but I didn’t mind waiting 20 minutes. However, despite that sign the wait was only about 5 minutes. I did take some pictures in those few minutes in line.

611_zpsdb5792f9.jpg

613_zpsb2fb5fcd.jpg

615_zpsb6572b7b.jpg

I was soon in my ride vehicle and listening to Dame Judy Dench as she narrated the tour thru history. Most of my pictures were way too blurry but a few were okay enough to post.

616_zps6d87c151.jpg

617_zps3f22df12.jpg

618_zps40454192.jpg

620_zps16bbdfbf.jpg

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

A few more pictures from SSE.

621_zps1a69d435.jpg

622_zpsec651228.jpg

623_zps5bcc46e0.jpg

This time riding SSE continued a tradition I seem to have with this ride. Every single time I’ve rode this, it stops either at or just after the top where you see Earth. Only once was it for more than a minute, but it has happened every single time. This time was just another short time so I’m sure it was just someone who is handicapped getting on or off.

I headed to the other side of the park next. I got another fountain shot on the way there, of a different fountain this time. There sure are a lot of fountains in Epcot, not that I mind since I think are gorgeous!

625_zps3c29840c.jpg

Test Track was still being refurbed then, though I could hear the cars going around the outside track occasionally. I did take one shot of construction.

626_zps5b4cd764.jpg

I didn’t want to ride Mission: Space since I wasn’t feeling well, but headed into Universe of Energy instead to have a ride with Ellen.

627_zps025420dd.jpg

When I walked in I was sent into the pre-show and it had already started. I had missed the beginning where she runs into Jamie Lee Curtis and was at the point at her apartment where she is falling asleep to dream of Jeopardy.

628_zpse2903993.jpg

I got a few pictures while we were back in time with the dinosaurs and Bill Nye learning about energy.

632_zps9987fd2b.jpg

633_zpsbb2d9afe.jpg

634_zps52e5f0c8.jpg

635_zps28bc0ac9.jpg

636_zpsb3c6b1e2.jpg

637_zps3da52d6c.jpg

I know a lot of people skip this attraction or just don’t like it, but I do. The parts on screen with Ellen are funny, and it never feels like the 45 minutes that it is. I was feeling a little better when I left, so where did I head next????

NEXT TIME: FISHES, FISHES EVERYWHERE!!!

Love the dinosaur shots! We haven't done the ride our last 3 trips... 45 minutes is too long with out an exit for my kids! (This is important for mine and everyone elses benefit!) loving your TR- you have so many great pics!

SWEETIE UPDATE:

I took her in yesterday evening to do the blood test for a re-check of her levels. The vet called me this afternoon and it's not good news. Her calcium levels are the same, so still high, and her kidney levels went from normal in the first test to not good in this test. So I am taking her to the vet on Saturday morning for XRays to check for tumors and to meet with the vet. So now it seems it is either cancer, which is what my vet thought all along, or kidney failure, which didn't seem like a possibility at first since her first kidney level was fine. Either could call the elevated calcium.

I'm very sad as I don't want either option to be true. Thankfully she is still acting completely normal and happy, so that is good. I will let you all know what they find after her appointment on Saturday. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

I'm sorry there was more bad news. Still hoping for the best....

OTHER NEWS:

So, in addition to the bad news about Sweetie's test results, my sister Lisa also found out today that she has Celiac's Disease. If you don't know what that is, it's wheat allergies, meaning she has to eat a gluten-free diet for the rest of her life. This is especially hard for her as she is an extremely picky eater, and 95% of what she eats is filled with gluten. She is researching gluten-free options for her favorite foods now and emailing back and forth with a friend of mine who also has Celiac's. Fun day for my family today. :worried:

Sorry to hear this. My sister can't have any gluten either. Most of the time it isn't that big of a deal (granted this is after years of dealing with it), but it can be hard for her to find restaurants that she can eat at that cater to her needs. She sticks with eating a lot of McDonald's on the road simply because she knows what she can and can't get there.

At home though, she's tried different things and become accustomed to certain items that she likes. She's found some pastas that I believe are rice based and some other items that actually make very good substitutes. The good thing about it is that a lot of grocery stores are becoming a little more aware and have things available.

I know it probably isn't the news she wanted, but I'm sure your sister will do fine once she figures out the changes that she has to make in her diet.:thumbsup2

Ok, as for the updates...

Your comment about Captain EO sum it up pretty well. I haven't seen it since its first run in the park, and I have no desire to see it again. I kind of considered it last year since it had been so long, but since I wasn't sure DS would sit through it anyway, I decided to watch the video on Youtube first. I think I got a few minutes into it before I stopped watching. :rotfl2::lmao:

And about Ellen's Energy Adventure. I've got nothing against Ellen or Bill Nye, I actually enjoy them, but there is something about sitting down in the dark in the A/C that just tends to make my eyelids heavy. Some of the best naps I've ever had at Disney World have been on that ride. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Sorry to hear about your sister's health problems. I'm not sure what I would do if I ever developed a food allergy. I'm so picky as it is! I hope she is able to come up with some stuff she can eat.

I don't care what anyone says, I love Figment. I'm sure I rode the original as a child (I have a picture with Dreamfinder and Figment when I was about 12) but I don't remember it. Mom and I even spent some time playing in the area after the ride.

I think I'm going to have to go see Captain EO this time. I'm just curious to see what it's all about, I've heard so many different opinions. I was an 80s child so maybe it will make more sense to me. :rotfl: I've heard a rumor that they may be bringing HISTA back so maybe I won't get to see it.

Bummer that you weren't feeling well but at least you were at Disney!

I think we missed TT by a few days. I think they started soft openings on Sunday that week.

You got some great shots of SE and Ellen. I haven't ridden Ellen (that does not sound very good at all) since 2010 so I may have to go for it this time. Of course I want to try out some stuff in Innovations and also sit and watch some of the bands in World Showcase. I think I just need to go to Disney for a month. Maybe I'll get everthing done that way! ::yes::

Love the dinosaur shots! We haven't done the ride our last 3 trips... 45 minutes is too long with out an exit for my kids! (This is important for mine and everyone elses benefit!) loving your TR- you have so many great pics!

I can understand why Ellen isn't a good ride with young children.

I love taking pictures, so WDW gives me a great opportunity to take pictures! :goodvibes

I'm sorry there was more bad news. Still hoping for the best....

Sorry to hear this. My sister can't have any gluten either. Most of the time it isn't that big of a deal (granted this is after years of dealing with it), but it can be hard for her to find restaurants that she can eat at that cater to her needs. She sticks with eating a lot of McDonald's on the road simply because she knows what she can and can't get there.

At home though, she's tried different things and become accustomed to certain items that she likes. She's found some pastas that I believe are rice based and some other items that actually make very good substitutes. The good thing about it is that a lot of grocery stores are becoming a little more aware and have things available.

I know it probably isn't the news she wanted, but I'm sure your sister will do fine once she figures out the changes that she has to make in her diet.:thumbsup2

Ok, as for the updates...

Your comment about Captain EO sum it up pretty well. I haven't seen it since its first run in the park, and I have no desire to see it again. I kind of considered it last year since it had been so long, but since I wasn't sure DS would sit through it anyway, I decided to watch the video on Youtube first. I think I got a few minutes into it before I stopped watching. :rotfl2::lmao:

And about Ellen's Energy Adventure. I've got nothing against Ellen or Bill Nye, I actually enjoy them, but there is something about sitting down in the dark in the A/C that just tends to make my eyelids heavy. Some of the best naps I've ever had at Disney World have been on that ride. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Thank, I hope Sweetie is healthy too and it's not cancer or kidney failure. But whatever it is I will do what's best for her.

Lisa has been doing a lot of research and finding things she can try that are gluten-free, and finding what she can still eat that already likes.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way about Captain Eo. I am still glad I did it, since I know now I can skip it without wondering. And I can see why you would easily fall asleep on Ellen, since it's not really loud, most of it is dark and it's long. I'm a very light sleeper so I never could, but I completely understand how others can.

Sorry to hear about your sister's health problems. I'm not sure what I would do if I ever developed a food allergy. I'm so picky as it is! I hope she is able to come up with some stuff she can eat.

I don't care what anyone says, I love Figment. I'm sure I rode the original as a child (I have a picture with Dreamfinder and Figment when I was about 12) but I don't remember it. Mom and I even spent some time playing in the area after the ride.

I think I'm going to have to go see Captain EO this time. I'm just curious to see what it's all about, I've heard so many different opinions. I was an 80s child so maybe it will make more sense to me. :rotfl: I've heard a rumor that they may be bringing HISTA back so maybe I won't get to see it.

Bummer that you weren't feeling well but at least you were at Disney!

I think we missed TT by a few days. I think they started soft openings on Sunday that week.

You got some great shots of SE and Ellen. I haven't ridden Ellen (that does not sound very good at all) since 2010 so I may have to go for it this time. Of course I want to try out some stuff in Innovations and also sit and watch some of the bands in World Showcase. I think I just need to go to Disney for a month. Maybe I'll get everthing done that way! ::yes::

Lisa is EXTREMELY picky!! There are 5 things she would eat EVERY SINGLE DAY. Four out of those five things she can no longer eat. And at restaurants she would eat one of two dishes she really likes, one of which she can't eat now. She's really bummed about it, though a friend of mine who also has Celiac's sent her a link to a list of foods that are gluten-free but taste just like the regular versions that she is excited about.

I like Figment, but it's not a must-do for me. I do like it though and ride it if I have the time. Captain Eo was a waste to me, but if you haven't done it you probably should just so you know.

I'd love to go to WDW for a month, but I need to win the lottery first so I could afford it! :rotfl: I probably still wouldn't get everything done that I wanted to though, but I would get a lot more done than usual!!!! :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear about your sister. Like her I'm very picky and most of what I eat contains gluten. I saw a stand-up comedian's show (John Pinette) were he talks about finding out he is allergic to gluten.
He said: "You know what had gluten in it? EVERYTHING!! I told the doctor, check again, maybe it's just cancer!"
I thought that was funny, and kinda like how I would feel if that were me. :rotfl:

Captain EO has got to be one of the most boring attraction in all of WDW.

I tried Ellen last time and though I liked it, I'm in no rush to do it again. And like a PP said, now that I have a kid it's pretty much off the list until she's at least 10.

Sorry to hear about your sister. Like her I'm very picky and most of what I eat contains gluten. I saw a stand-up comedian's show (John Pinette) were he talks about finding out he is allergic to gluten.
He said: "You know what had gluten in it? EVERYTHING!! I told the doctor, check again, maybe it's just cancer!"
I thought that was funny, and kinda like how I would feel if that were me. :rotfl:

Captain EO has got to be one of the most boring attraction in all of WDW.

I tried Ellen last time and though I liked it, I'm in no rush to do it again. And like a PP said, now that I have a kid it's pretty much off the list until she's at least 10.

I told Lisa that joke and she said she kind of feels that way too!

Captain EO was pretty bad. I definitely like Ellen, but it's not a must-do for me, just like Figment. Both I like and will do if I have time, but won't be upset if I have to skip them.

I don't know, if Claudia is taking a nap it might be a good attraction since it's indoors and in the dark for a while! :rotfl:

I told Lisa that joke and she said she kind of feels that way too!

Captain EO was pretty bad. I definitely like Ellen, but it's not a must-do for me, just like Figment. Both I like and will do if I have time, but won't be upset if I have to skip them.

I don't know, if Claudia is taking a nap it might be a good attraction since it's indoors and in the dark for a while! :rotfl:

It would be a wonderful attraction during Claudia's nap. It would become a not-so-wonderful attraction (both for us and for the other guests) were she to wake up screaming. :lmao:

KITTY UPDATE:

And after Sweetie's XRays the verdict is.....we still don't know. No tumors at all, though there is a light shadow that could be a lymph node or could be nothing. If its her lymph node then its probably lymphoma. Kidney levels were only off because she is quite dehydrated, so I left with fluids to give to her. She's also very constipated so I get to go pick up Miralax for her. Only other option is para-hyper-thyroid. But the test alone for that is $400, which I didn't have today. So I have to bring her back in 5 weeks for re-checks. Oh, and she lost weight again. So frustrated right now to have spent over $500 in testing so far and have no answers still. :(

KITTY UPDATE:

And after Sweetie's XRays the verdict is.....we still don't know. No tumors at all, though there is a light shadow that could be a lymph node or could be nothing. If its her lymph node then its probably lymphoma. Kidney levels were only off because she is quite dehydrated, so I left with fluids to give to her. She's also very constipated so I get to go pick up Miralax for her. Only other option is para-hyper-thyroid. But the test alone for that is $400, which I didn't have today. So I have to bring her back in 5 weeks for re-checks. Oh, and she lost weight again. So frustrated right now to have spent over $500 in testing so far and have no answers still. :(

:( :hug: I'm sorry... Is she still acting normally?

PhoenixStrength said:
KITTY UPDATE:

I'm so sorry that they haven't figured it out. I know how frustrating it can be to not have answers. My Eddie has some constipation issues so he gets Metamucil every day. They have a wafer variety and he thinks he is getting a treat. Not sure that Sweetie would eat them though.

:( :hug: I'm sorry... Is she still acting normally?

Thanks. Yes she is acting completely normal. Eating well, drinking, playing, affectionate, active...I wouldn't know anything was wrong with her at all, so that is a blessing. My vet even said not to feel bad about not doing the expensive test today as she is obviously not suffering and is a happy kitty.

I'm so sorry that they haven't figured it out. I know how frustrating it can be to not have answers. My Eddie has some constipation issues so he gets Metamucil every day. They have a wafer variety and he thinks he is getting a treat. Not sure that Sweetie would eat them though.

I don't know if she could have Metamucil or not. Vet recommended Miralax and I know a few of my clients' cats with IBS get Miralax with no problems. It's just powder so I mixed it in her pm wet food and she ate it right down. Good that Eddie has an option that he takes easily and thinks is a treat!!

I don't know if she could have Metamucil or not. Vet recommended Miralax and I know a few of my clients' cats with IBS get Miralax with no problems. It's just powder so I mixed it in her pm wet food and she ate it right down. Good that Eddie has an option that he takes easily and thinks is a treat!!

Oh good, glad she takes her medicine easily. From my time volunteering at a shelter I know how hard it can be to get kitties to take their medicine!

Tests for our fur babies cost as much as tests for their owners. It's ridiculous what health care cost. I hope that they find out something soon.

Oh good, glad she takes her medicine easily. From my time volunteering at a shelter I know how hard it can be to get kitties to take their medicine!

Yeah, since I'm a pet sitter I know how difficult it can be too, plus my one kitty Jynx is difficult. I'm so thankful Sweetie is easy to give Sub-Q fluids to (I just gave them to her while she ate her wet food and she didn't even notice!) and to medicate.

Tests for our fur babies cost as much as tests for their owners. It's ridiculous what health care cost. I hope that they find out something soon.

They are ridiculously high! My vet actually recommended I skip that test for now since it's so expensive and she's acting normal still, and do the blood test again in 5 weeks at her re-check. If the calcium is still high and still no indication of anything else, then do that test since it will be necessary then. I think I'm going to do that.

Thanks to both of you. I hope it's something treatable, and she still has many more years with me.

OTHER NEWS:

Steph, My mom has said celiac sprull for over 20 years now. She was one of the 1st ppl ever diagnosed with it. When she first was diagnosed with it, doctors had no clue what it was. It took months to figure out. It's a genetic thing as well. My brother and sister and myself are suppose to get tested on it. If I can help in any way, please send me a message and I can proble answer your questions thru my mother.

Steph, My mom has said celiac sprull for over 20 years now. She was one of the 1st ppl ever diagnosed with it. When she first was diagnosed with it, doctors had no clue what it was. It took months to figure out. It's a genetic thing as well. My brother and sister and myself are suppose to get tested on it. If I can help in any way, please send me a message and I can proble answer your questions thru my mother.

Thanks! She is doing pretty well with all the information she found and that my friend sent her, but if I have questions I'll let you know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter