HDD with young kids?

shaynar

Mouseketeer
I'll be taking my 3 kids (ages 7, 4, 2) on our upcoming trip, DH is choosing to stay at home.

I am avoiding TS meals because I know inevitably someone will need to run around, go pee, etc, and I won't have another adult there with me.

I've heard good things about HDD and how the kids like it. Do you think that I can pull it off with kids? Is it entertaining enough to keep them seated?

MBBBQ is better for kids. It has characters, dancing, jokes, I e cream freezer. Lots of open room to run around and play. HDD is a sit down dinner show. Running around kids not well accepted.

Also at HDDR ( and maybe The BAckyard BBQ as well) the rest rooms are separate from the restaurant. You need to go outside and down a path to get to them. That would not work in your situation at all.
Sorry

We took a 3 year old and a 5 year old last September and they both LOVED it and happily ate the food! Family friendly, fun show! We are glad we did it!

Our first trip to HDDR was with 6 kids -- 10, 10, 9, 7, 2, 6mo.

They loved it. The youngest got up and danced. It was very energetic and entertaining.

I have seen kids out of their seats dancing and playing washboards all three times I have been.

We've never done the BBQ, so I can't compare other than that HDDR is climate controlled, and the BBQ isn't.

We went with an almost six year old and an almost three year old. My older child enjoyed it, for the most part (she got a little sad about not being called to go up on stage, and also was confused when the food came out- she thought she had to eat only from whatever bucket was in front of her). My younger child did not like the bright lights and loud noises- he can be a bit sensitive to such things.

I heard it was really loud. I wanted to try it but we are skipping it because my 4 year old doesn't like loud noises.

We did it with a two year old last year and it was lots of fun. However we had a 4:1 adult: toddler ratio. We didn't have issues with her wanting to run around, she was pretty pooped from a day at the Magic Kingdom and was happy to watch the show and eat. If I recall there are also a fair amount of breaks to blow off some steam. Regarding the bathroom situation, yes you have to walk outside to get to them but I am certain my mom would have trusted me to do this at 7 (and most likely to have taken my 4 year old sister with me if they happen to be the same gender).

I'll be taking my 3 kids (ages 7, 4, 2) on our upcoming trip, DH is choosing to stay at home.

I am avoiding TS meals because I know inevitably someone will need to run around, go pee, etc, and I won't have another adult there with me.

I've heard good things about HDD and how the kids like it. Do you think that I can pull it off with kids? Is it entertaining enough to keep them seated?

For this reason, I would say no for you at Hoop Dee Doo on this trip. If there was another adult, then I would say YES! because your kids would love it. But, if they can't sit still for a few hours and not need the bathroom (as a PP mentioned, they aren't just right there), then I would say no. If one of the kids was older, I'd say YES! but not with the ages of the kids.

When my kids were that age I had pretty good luck parading them all into the bathroom at the same time, right before the meal.

Normally we would make the potty trip right after ordering. At HDDR I might do it right before entering. And I WOULDN'T line up to enter. Let the kids play on the playground until the last minute. Enter after the line dies down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter