HDD-couple of questions

connie254

Disney fanatic
How many people can it hold?
How hard is it to get category 1 seats for the 8:30 show, assuming I try on the 180+10 day?
How many seats are there to a table-is it variable depending upon the size of the party?

You should've have any problems getting the category you want at 180+ days. The table size does vary. Not sure how many people the whole place holds, but seems fairly large.

Paging The Rusty Scupper! :)

You can get an idea of the number of tables from this seating chart, although I don't think it is completely accurate from my experience (maybe they can move tables a bit, I don't know). http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=36

I can say, that your chances of getting a Cat 1 table on your ADR date have to be 100%. I booked HDDR at my 180+3 and we were at the table in the center abutting the stage.

You won't have a trouble booking at 180, and the sooner you book, the closer you will be to the front. We have been with a party of four, six, and eight. They have various table sizes.

How hard is it to get category 1 seats for the 8:30 show, assuming I try on the 180+10 day?
How many seats are there to a table-is it variable depending upon the size of the party?
OMG, how many people are you booking for?

1) How many people . . .
. . . overall ?
. . . in which categories ?
2) The late show "usually" has available space in all categories, except in holiday periods.
3) Tables are combined to accommodate MOST party numbers - based upon WHEN you make your ressie. *

* Tables are reserved/assigned based upon the date/time you make the ressie.
We assign the actual tables 8-days prior to the show, in the order of the ressie.
So, early ressies usually can all sit together.
Later ressies may have the party split based upon the people who reserved before you.
EXAMPLE:
. . . you are the first to reserve for the show date
. . . you want a table for twelve
. . . in most cases, the tables will be pushed together for your party (Cat-1 and Cat-2)
. . . if you are one of the last to reserve for that date, then you get the table space left over
. . . which may or may not be together, or even near each other
. . . since Cat-3 may be in the balcony where aisle space is limited, tables are pushed together usually for parties up to six (or so)

1) How many people . . .
. . . overall ?
. . . in which categories ?
2) The late show "usually" has available space in all categories, except in holiday periods.
3) Tables are combined to accommodate MOST party numbers - based upon WHEN you make your ressie. *

My question is how many overall, but I was just trying out 5 guests on the website(used Oct 14) and it told me it wasn't available in Category 1, but when I changed the number to 6, I could book the same category. Since I have a few weeks before I actually can book, I try some more dates, but will probably call to do the ADR if the website keeps giving me issues with 5 guests

Last edited:
There are tables that hold different #'s of guests. The spacing between tables is limited due to room size and I assume wanting to fit in as many as possible. The actors actually come down and perform some songs on the floor so they have to be able to move around. That being said, if, let's say, someone needed a table for 5 but only a table for 4 is available. It would seem easy enough to add a chair to that size table. Unfortunately that may block a path for actors or servers. I don't know if HDDR releases tables in categories over a period of time or all at once. Good luck, I hope you get what you need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter