HC question?

shelly3girls

DIS Veteran
We will be traveling with young children this May, going to the BCV for our first trip home. I have heard about the HC rooms with no tubs. We will be staying in a 2 bedroom. If we get a HC room will we have any tub at all or just showers? We will be checking in late (11:00pm) on a friday so I figure we won't have much to choose from by the time we get there. I am very concernced that we won't have a tub to bathe our children who are too young for showers.

I was wondering the same thing about 1bdr's. I saw the other thread about this and started to wonder. We have a baby DS and a DD 8 and they only take baths. If you request no HC does it usually work?

I wonder too! My kids are bathers, they hate showers. We rent a studio when it's us 4 or a 2-bedroom when with my parents. Traveling with them REALLY complicates things, because Mom uses a cane. We always have to request ground floor or near the elevators, "for medical reasons." So then Disney wants to give us a HC room! It gets very confusing asking to NOT have a HC room... We need a tub. Plus, I don't want to take up a HC room when we don't really need it.

Does anyone know what percentage of rooms are HC? Is "bathtub please" a reasonable room request?

While I've never personally stayed in a HC larger than a studio...I have heard that 1 brdm units (and larger) still have the jacuzzi tub...only the separate shower stall is modified. So you will have a tub for the kids.

We have stayed in a handicapped unit at OKW and just took at tour at BC and can confirm that the whirlpool tub is still there in the one and 2 bedroom unit. If you have a studio, you will have a shower.
I don't know what the percentages are of handicapped/non-handicapped rooms is at the other resorts, but I emailed MS to ask about OKW. It was not a very large number considering how big OKW is -19 studios, 19 one bedrooms, that could be combined to make 19 two bedrooms plus one dedicated 2 bedroom. I think 1 of the GVs was handicapped accessible.

Thank you for all of the responses. I feel much better now. As always, everyone here has been a fabulous source of information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter