HBO's Game of Thrones Season 5....current episodes, no future spoilers

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood what you were wondering about (and frankly still have no idea :o ). Are you wondering if the White Walker was after Jon? Are you wondering why Valyrian steel can kill one? Oh well...

I do agree about the white walker looking funny. When he first showed up, I had wondered if it really was one. He looked more human than the others.

l'm trying not to speculate too obviously in case any of it is close to accurate because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. Yes, the White Walker specifically took note of Jon, but exactly why is that? The Valyrian steel isn't what I'm getting at. Personally I think we might have gotten two answers this week that aren't being talked about in discussions I've seen, but have been points of interest and speculation to book readers with no answers provided in book storyline so far.

l'm trying not to speculate too obviously in case any of it is close to accurate because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. Yes, the White Walker specifically took note of Jon, but exactly why is that? The Valyrian steel isn't what I'm getting at. Personally I think we might have gotten two answers this week that aren't being talked about in discussions I've seen, but have been points of interest and speculation to book readers with no answers provided in book storyline so far.
Yes, I know what you mean and I think we will find that out soon. It seems like the show is starting to get ahead of the books. I do NOT want that. Martin better get that next book out!

Yes, I know what you mean and I think we will find that out soon. It seems like the show is starting to get ahead of the books. I do NOT want that. Martin better get that next book out!

So you agree that's why we saw the presentation of Longclaw in the "previously on" opening to this episode? I figure it's feasible with only two more to go this season we don't pick up that thread again until some point next season.

There isn't much book left, by the end of the season (two more episodes) I would wager we'll be at, or past the end of the most recently published book.

There isn't much book left, by the end of the season (two more episodes) I would wager we'll be at, or past the end of the most recently published book.

It's hard to know with the changes if we already are technically past the published books, which is good in a way. I'd read them all before the development of the series was announced and honestly it makes me a little sad to know that the series may end up spoiling the end of the written story for me. I'm secretly hoping we don't end up in the same place so I can continue on with the journey of the books, getting lost in Martin's details along the way, trying to figure out who wins.

That last White Walker seemed to be the King. He had a crown anyway, and lots of power. Anyone else yelling "row faster!" at their TV?

Enjoying Tyrion and Dany together. The dialog is great.

Hope Sansa catches a break soon. This is awful.

Relating back to the discussion about the title of the previous episode, I just had a chance to ask my daughter about the land known as the Gift. She said it's the land directly south of the Wall, which would be the land Jon is now offering the Wildlings to settle.

They were ferrying to larger ships I believe.

I thought he'd be turned into a walker. THAT would have been awesome.

Last edited:

Are you talking about the White Walker fighting with Jon, or the White Walker on the cliff above? I have watched it a few times now. To me the one battling with Jon, Makes a surprised look or a realization look when his sword connects with Jon's. The white walkers expression was like "OMG thats a Valyrian sword!". I don't think it has anything do with Jon per se. Thats just my take on it.

Also the female Wilding Chieftain Karsi, when she started interacting with Jon, I was thinking could this be another love interest for Jon? I thought well Nights Watch isn't gonna like it if he brings home another Wilding girlfriend. Then bam she is killed, then brought back as part of the undead. My sarcastic mind was like yeah she was Wilding and now and now a zombie, yeah Jon would have hard time bringing her home to dinner:rolleyes1
Speaking of how she was killed. She just let the zombie children just kill her.( Btw that image of their decayed zombie child bodies standing there is stuff of nightmares :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:) Why would she just let them kill her? Is it because she loves children so much, that she couldn't even kill zombie children?

I think she was just kind of shocked. I know I was!

And there were enough standing there she just didn't really have any kind if chance!

Why would she just let them kill her? Is it because she loves children so much, that she couldn't even kill zombie children?
For sure. I think they know your weakness. She was an AMAZING fighter until those kids showed up and stared her down.

I think she was just kind of shocked. I know I was!

And there were enough standing there she just didn't really have any kind if chance!

But she didn't even attempt to fight. She just crossed her arms and kind of surrendered. If it had been regular full adult undead, I think she would have tried to kill as many as she could before they killed her.

Oh, I don't remember her crossing her arms. I just thought she didn't try and defend herself.

Oh, I don't remember her crossing her arms. I just thought she didn't try and defend herself.

yes I just watched this part again to be sure. As the children start to run at her she crosses her arms and she falls backward as the children attack her. She just lies there with her arms still crossed as they start to bite her.

Are you talking about the White Walker fighting with Jon, or the White Walker on the cliff above? I have watched it a few times now. To me the one battling with Jon, Makes a surprised look or a realization look when his sword connects with Jon's. The white walkers expression was like "OMG thats a Valyrian sword!". I don't think it has anything do with Jon per se. Thats just my take on it.

Also the female Wilding Chieftain Karsi, when she started interacting with Jon, I was thinking could this be another love interest for Jon? I thought well Nights Watch isn't gonna like it if he brings home another Wilding girlfriend. Then bam she is killed, then brought back as part of the undead. My sarcastic mind was like yeah she was Wilding and now and now a zombie, yeah Jon would have hard time bringing her home to dinner:rolleyes1
Speaking of how she was killed. She just let the zombie children just kill her.( Btw that image of their decayed zombie child bodies standing there is stuff of nightmares :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:) Why would she just let them kill her? Is it because she loves children so much, that she couldn't even kill zombie children?

The Night's King paid particular attention to Jon, no doubt at least in part because he was carrying Valyrian steel. I think there is a lot more going on beyond that fact alone. I wonder if the Night's King has reason to know who Jon is and whether there is further significance to Longclaw beyond the fact it is rare. The way the Night's King was dressed really made me wonder if we have an answer from season one.

The chieftain had no problem dispatching the wights until confronted with the children. I thought it was because she realized she had watched them grow up, possibly watched them playing with her own child and it broke her.

Ok, I'm following now. With the misspelling of Jon, I assumed you weren't a book reader, so it screwed my interpretation of what you wrote. I thought you were asking how Jon was able to kill the White Walker. Then when you replied to me it sounded like you were hinting to something that hasn't really be hinted to in the show, and still assuming you weren't a reader, just threw me off more. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter