HBD Fantasmic Package

erinkristen04

Mouseketeer
We currently have an ADR for a dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby w/ the Fantasmic package. Do you choose your appetizer/entrée/dessert from a limited menu, or do you get to make your three selections from the entire normal menu? Thanks in advance!

This is the dessert trio we each got last summer. Thimble food. I got cheesecake when we got back to POR at midnight:

upload_2015-8-26_19-10-45.png

Yes, the dessert is 3 mini desserts. Some report they are Chefs choice. When we were there this spring we were asked to choose which ones we wanted. DH chose 3 different ones. I ordered 3 grapefruits cake. Delicious, and after the huge meal we had just had, it was more than enough.

Regular menu, with the exception of the desserts. We LOVED our meal there. Everything was delicious and the Fantasmic! seating was the icing on the cake!

last trip (May) we were told desserts were chefs choice too. in my experience that's new--before you could choose from about 9 desserts--and its not a change I like very much. I don't enjoy chocolate, and 2 of 3 desserts were completely chocolate. but otherwise the meal is pretty good. as others have said, you can order appies and entrees from the regular menu.

Thank you!
Is the special seating for the show worth it in your opinion?

It was for us! We have always enjoyed both the food and the service at HBD. We also think the F! package is worthwhile for the location of the reserved seats and also for skipping the standby line.

FP for the show is good for those folks who don't want a TS meal inside the park on that day. But we like our TS lunch breaks!

Thank you!
Is the special seating for the show worth it in your opinion?
It seems like you're paying for the fastpass. Check the menu prices, and add up what you'd pay a la carte.

Or is there an advantage to the Dinner package seating over the FastPass seating? They both seem to use the center sections.

last trip (May) we were told desserts were chefs choice too. in my experience that's new--before you could choose from about 9 desserts--and its not a change I like very much. I don't enjoy chocolate, and 2 of 3 desserts were completely chocolate. but otherwise the meal is pretty good. as others have said, you can order appies and entrees from the regular menu.

Yes, we had the chef's choice experience too and the choices were skewed toward ultra rich and chocolatey. I was looking forward to trying a tasting of the grapefruit cake since I had never ordered a full size serving of it (seemed risky, not a grapefruit fan), but the server wouldn't budge.

I love the dîning package seating. They are the best seats in the house. Totally worth it to me.

I'm trying to decide if we should book the Brown Derby dining package (December 2015).
1. My mother rents a scooter - will we have accessible seating options?
2. How far in advance do we need to queue for the 8:30 show?

Thanks for your reply.

We currently have a reservation at 50's Prime Time Cafe and I can't book both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter