PJ - 11 AUG 2010 - WP/Napa/Sago Cay - New Updates!

How have I missed your save the dates - there amazing, I am also currently drooling over your food trip reports!

I came over from your food reviews. I commented on your STDs over there, but they are just great! You are so creative and talented! It is so nice of your parents and fils. Glad things are falling into place nicely for you.

Our Save the Dates!!

Finally! :laughing: After such a long time designing them, we've spent most of the weekend printing, cutting, folding, perforating.... they took us absolutely ages, but I really like them. I started designing them before Christmas, and it's only now that we're doing them - they take about 30mins to cut, and put together each so it's taking ages! I was planning on making little magnets to put in as well, but in the end, I just wanted to get them out! **Just a note, they are done on card and not paper

The 'envelopes' looked like this before cutting them out:
img5145.jpg

The STDs, pre-cutting. There are 5 parts to each STD: Save the Date, Wedding Events, Wedding Day, Contact Info, and Preliminary RSVP (so we can get an idea of who's coming)
img5146.jpg

DF busy cutting:
img5150z.jpg

Rounding all the edges:
img5148.jpg

Perforating the 'tearaway' lines:
img5149.jpg

After folding the envelope, and sticking a little crystal on the Monogram:
img5151.jpg

Stapling the STD cards together:
img5155.jpg

In its 'envelope':
img5152.jpg

The STD all finished:
img5154.jpg

STD and holder:

img5153.jpg

Sorry, so many photos! I'm planning on putting these into a wedding album when I get one, make a record of the planning days!!

I LOVE THEM...you did such an amazing job on your save the dates. I'm so expressed. I love reading your planning journal so far.. i can't to read more.

It's good to hear that some family members are contributing.

popcorn::

I know the feeling! We weren't sure about having an at home reception but DFs Mum assumed we were and that we were having it by them (They live in Essex, we live in Reading, and my parents live in the North West). We picked a place at the weekend and they have offered us some money which will pay for most of it but as about half the guests are likely to be there friends I kind of think its only right as we wouldn't have been able to afford it otherwise.

My parents are contributing to the Disney Wedding as well but we are still paying for most of it ourselves.

You are very lucky to be having the coach, I want it but DF says it is too expensive :sad1:

I'm glad someone knows the feeling! We were the same, not really sure about it, since we wanted any extra money to go to our Disney Wedding/Honeymoon. DF thinks we'd look really ungrateful if we said now we didn't want one, but I can just see it being hassle and stress, which I didn't really want. But also, if they really want to contribute and help decide, I'd rather them do that with an at-home reception than our disney wedding!!

I'm the same with the disney wedding as well, we are paying most of it, but my parents are contributing some and paying for my dress I think :)

DF thinks exactly the same about the coach, that it's too expensive. Not sure how I changed his mind. I showed him STVS's DVD with the coach on so he saw how much it meant to me, and I've been trying frantically to budget to show him we can fit it in. Our 2010 minimum is £12K though, so I think it helps that we need to meet that.

I'm glad someone knows the feeling! We were the same, not really sure about it, since we wanted any extra money to go to our Disney Wedding/Honeymoon. DF thinks we'd look really ungrateful if we said now we didn't want one, but I can just see it being hassle and stress, which I didn't really want. But also, if they really want to contribute and help decide, I'd rather them do that with an at-home reception than our disney wedding!!

I'm the same with the disney wedding as well, we are paying most of it, but my parents are contributing some and paying for my dress I think :)

DF thinks exactly the same about the coach, that it's too expensive. Not sure how I changed his mind. I showed him STVS's DVD with the coach on so he saw how much it meant to be, and I've been trying frantically to budget to show him we can't fit it in. Our 2010 minimum is £12K though, so I think it helps that we need to meet that.

Think of the at home party as an extra chance to wear your wedding dress, thats the only reason I'm doing it!

Oh good idea, I'll show DF Stan's DVD of the coach.

Same here :laughing: Getting to wear my dress twice!!

I think DF just knows how much I want it, when I see it my face lights up and I can just imagine myself in it. It is a lot of money, true, but I don't plan on getting married again and being Cindy for the day!!

Same here :laughing: Getting to wear my dress twice!!

I think DF just knows how much I want it, when I see it my face lights up and I can just imagine myself in it. It is a lot of money, true, but I don't plan on getting married again and being Cindy for the day!!

It's something that I'll remember for ever so I'll just have to work on him, he has never said no to something i've really wanted before.

If you really want it, I think you should go for it :)

When we thought we couldn't afford it, and I also said I couldn't justify it, we took it out, but I couldn't stop thinking about it and it made me want in even more - and what if I saw it waiting for another bride on my wedding day?!! So, it's back in!!

If you really want it, I think you should go for it :)

When we thought we couldn't afford it, and I also said I couldn't justify it, we took it out, but I couldn't stop thinking about it and it made me want in even more - and what if I saw it waiting for another bride on my wedding day?!! So, it's back in!!

I'll do my best.

Okay at-home reception, I'm feeling a little better about this now, since we've been given the go ahead to decorate as we want. Weddings around here are totally cookie-cutter... and I want something really different.

Our wedding in Disney is going to be really elegant in a fairytales and flipflops way, so I want something a little different for our at-home reception.

Our venue is right by the sea, so this is where the beach theme came up first, but I don't want to do the whole seashells thing. I love the seaside, rather than the beach, the fair, the candy floss and seafood, rock, etc... and we always used to go to Blackpool when I was a child, or Rhyl for the day. I absolutely love Blackpool Pleasure Beach and find the old photos of when it first opened really interesting (1890s-1900s) so thus came the idea of a Victorian/Turn-of-the-Century Seaside theme :laughing:

Colours for this theme would be Candy Pink, Candy/Mint Green, and White. These colours would also go with the chocolate brown of our disney wedding, in case we need to double up on items. So tables would be be white tablecloth with candy pink overlay, and white tablecloth with mint green overlay - alternating.

I think we'll have 10 tables, so for centrepieces, I'm thinking we could have jars/vases filled with 2x Gumball, 2x Popcorn, 2x Rock, 2x Candy Floss, and 2xToffee Apples. These jars would then either be topped with pink or green carnations (different colour to the tablecloth). Chair covers would be white, with pink/green sash.

For placecards, I've seen these little white deckchairs that I love, and the placecards would be old ride tickets (sunsh1ne is my inspiration here!). For tablenames, we could name them after the old rides at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, most of which are still there: E.g. Big Dipper, Velvet Coaster, River Caves, Grand National, Ferris Wheel... the top table would have to be Noah's Ark, my fave ride :teeth:

Hopefully I can convince our venue to make me a seaside inspired buffet menu - we weren't going full on buffet anyway, just a finger buffet. Hopefully we can get them to make mini battered fish in newspaper cones, which isn't on the menu. Then, chips with salt and vinegar; mussels; mini hot dogs with fried onions (not on the menu); 'picnic' sandwiches; and a couple other bits.

For our favours, I was thinking we'd have a candy buffet - we could even move the centrepieces there :laughing: Along with things like lollipops, bon bons, marshmallows, etc... I've also seen somewhere that does personalised sticks of rock :laughing:

An idea I've had for the guestbook is to make up a photobook on Snapfish or somewhere like that, of photos of us as kids at the seaside, or the fair.

Now bear in mind that I have no idea how to do an inspiration board, I just stuck loads of photos together in Photoshop:
inspboard.jpg

I can see me going way overboard with this theme! I would love to get a photobooth, etc.. but I think that would be going way out of our budget!!

Anyone have any other 'Victorian Seaside' ideas?!

:laughing: I'm really excited, I love the funfair!

What could I do to make it a bit more Victorian-y?!

I've tracked down all these old photos of the rides at Blackpool, with the Victorians queuing up to ride them.... so for the table names they're going to have 'River Caves' for example, and a B&W photo of that ride underneath.

I've found the perfect font for menus and that :)

Then I'm stuck! I need help!!

wow! Your save the dates are amazing! Is there anyway you could post a step by step how to for other brides who might want to attempt something similar?

If you have a look on Page 5, there is some sort of step-by-step there :teeth:

Thanks Sabrina! Not sure if there is a technique or what, I just stuck loads of photos on top of each other :laughing:

I just came over and read your whole PJ! I love all your ideas and your proposal was sooooooooooooo sweet!! :goodvibes Looking forward to reading more!

Bob xoxoxox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter