Hawaii

mkmommy

DIS Veteran
I thought the April cruise was sold out.

I was just playing around on the DCL website and all categories are available and some are still showing the maximum 8 rooms meaning there could be more.

What happened to cause so many cancellations?

Maybe this is part of the delay in getting the rest of 2013 out.

I've been following the Hawaii cruise for awhile and I have always been able to book a stateroom.
My wife and I are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary on the Mexican Riveria Cruise just before the Disney Wonder goes to Hawaii and we are thinking of staying on after our 7 day cruise for another 15 days if we can get a great last minute deal :love:

People cancel for all sorts of reasons. Many people book on day 1 if they even think they might be able to cruise...and then find work conflicts, etc. And didn't they add a second Hawaii cruise? I seem to recall many people switching to the other date.

How frustrating for a company. The cruise was sold out in a couple of days and I bet they lost business because it was sold out, then all those cancellations.

I imagine it has them questioning what to do in the future. I am sure customer surveys were done with Hawaii, scoring high, so they set up the cruise and then they can't sell it out.:eek:

Just went to take a peek! :goodvibes
There seems to be even more available than when I last looked, which was not that long ago! :) Maybe some people have been upgraded, opening up some of the inside/oceanview rooms?

If there are that many staterooms available I wonder why they are not offering any I/O/VGT rates?! Low priced staterooms seem better than empty staterooms from a business prospective.

I thought the April cruise was sold out.

I was just playing around on the DCL website and all categories are available and some are still showing the maximum 8 rooms meaning there could be more.

What happened to cause so many cancellations?

It hasn't been sold out for a long time. I've been checking every now and again, and there has been lots of availability except in the concierge staterooms (which is what I kept checking for). Even today all the suites are sold out, so "all categories" are definitely not available.

the cruise in October 2012 impacted the April cruise..
but there are staterooms..\
I did look, if I could get a cheaper deal than Oct, I would jump..but alas last time I looked it was way more expensive to cruise in April..

so went to check out October...
Wow, so much availability. 18 or so categories open. Nearly all i'm guessing. Just wish we could do October. Guess it's not an easy time to sail for many others either.

I just contacted my TA last week about when they were going to announce the September 2013 Hawaiian cruises and she said she didn't know if they would as October's sailing is not selling at all :confused3

the cruise in October 2012 impacted the April cruise..
but there are staterooms..\
I did look, if I could get a cheaper deal than Oct, I would jump..but alas last time I looked it was way more expensive to cruise in April..

My same catagory cabin in October is more expensive than the one I have in April. (But $1500 cheaper than what the same cabin in April would cost if booking today!)

LOTS of people bailed on the April cruise when the October one came out...guess it is easier to take the kids out of school at the beginning of the year than the end (probably due to testing).

I'll be shopping for an upgrade on embarkation day.....

How frustrating for a company. The cruise was sold out in a couple of days and I bet they lost business because it was sold out, then all those cancellations.

I imagine it has them questioning what to do in the future. I am sure customer surveys were done with Hawaii, scoring high, so they set up the cruise and then they can't sell it out.:eek:

I wouldn't be too sorry for them, I think they kind of did it to themselves trying to inflate demand. They introduced just the April cruise and it sold so quickly that the prices skyrocketed. Then months later, they added the October cruise (it had to be planned since the ports were listed and they had a gap in the cruise schedule). When the October cruise was introduced the rates were already at the inflated rate.

If they had introduced the two cruise together, people could have made a clear decision on which date worked better for them. The rates would have come up like they do for all cruises that are selling well.

There was always movement on the April cruise availability even before the October cruise was announced so if you waited a couple of days, there would be a couple cabins open. But it is true when they opened the October cruise, a lot of people jumped from April to October.

I wouldn't be too sorry for them, I think they kind of did it to themselves trying to inflate demand. They introduced just the April cruise and it sold so quickly that the prices skyrocketed. Then months later, they added the October cruise (it had to be planned since the ports were listed and they had a gap in the cruise schedule). When the October cruise was introduced the rates were already at the inflated rate.

If they had introduced the two cruise together, people could have made a clear decision on which date worked better for them. The rates would have come up like they do for all cruises that are selling well.

There was always movement on the April cruise availability even before the October cruise was announced so if you waited a couple of days, there would be a couple cabins open. But it is true when they opened the October cruise, a lot of people jumped from April to October.

I don't feel bad for DCL, more for us the cruisers. If they can't sell new destinations that everyone said they wanted, they will just keep the same old boring routes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter