Hawaii Aulani for first trip?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by lifesgr8, Mar 4, 2013.

1. "Cinder" Ella's Mom

"Cinder" Ella's Mom DIS Veteran

We stayed in the Ali'i tower at Hilton Hawaiaan Village for our honeymoon 16 years ago. It was an amazing resort!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. gumbypee

gumbypee DIS Veteran

Ok so one night is really a thousand bucks?!?!?! Please tell me that is a joke. I am doing a cruise down there ( unfortunately not dis) and ill have a day afterwards. I really wanted to see this resort. Can you go and do activities if not staying there?

4. amym2

amym2 DIS Veteran

You can get a regular hotel room or studio for under $500, but a two-bedroom villa will run you $1000. That's why we joined the DVC. You can eat at the restaurants, shop, and use the beach (all beaches in Hawaii are public), but to use the pool you must be staying at Aulani. Anyone can also use spa services. Not sure about the activities. I know only guests can use the kids club.

5. Fuhnuh

Fuhnuh Mouseketeer

We've been to Aulani three times and have reservations for trips in June and November. Depending on the length of our trips, we have stayed anywhere from 2-5 nights and enjoyed them all. We have spent the remainder of our time staying in Waikiki and have done all of our touring while staying in Waikiki. Two nights and three days at Aulani seems to be the sweet spot for us. We stayed 5 nights our first time which while enjoyable interfered a bit with our plans to visit other parts of the island. Most of the island is pretty accessible from Waikiki if you are not traveling with traffic patterns. We found it easy to get to the North Shore and Windward sides of the island from there. Maui is beautiful, but there is a lot of sightseeing to do on Oahu. Enough that I never feel trapped when on an Oahu only trip.

6. MissMet

MissMet DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blo

My parents & I, years ago, did 4 days on Oahu & then the Pride of America & loved it.

Now my husband & I are leaving Friday visiting Hawaii (his first time) & we'll be spending 8 nights on Oahu (5 nights Aulani, 3 nights Waikiki) & a week on POA. It's the best way to get a taste of everything Hawaii has to offer without moving from hotel to hotel or dealing with a lot of wasted travel time.

I highly recommend POA, just know that's it's not the "typical" cruise experience & more a "floating hotel". :thumbsup2