Having trouble with the of an ECV

To: Apple Orchard - I guess I'm going to be the first to say - regarding the use of an ECV ------

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!! :goodvibes

I hope you had a GREAT vacation! :goodvibes

Glad you're having a great time. Why did I think you were at SOG???

Anyway, hope you're really enjoying yourself. And FWIW, I have a mess of herniated discs in my neck, 3 of them, and when I first got them checked out the doctor looked at my MRI and said "some people have necks that are Cadillacs. You have a Kia." Geez...thanks. :rotfl:

Because we keep going back and forth between SoG and Disney DVC, depending on our points situation! This trip is BWV and BLT--though Shades would have worked well for this trip--no walking to the monorail!

Please ask yourself the following questions. Here are the suggested answers to go with them.

1. Are you disabled (even temporarily)? Yes.

2. Do the people you are traveling with, such as your family, know you are disabled? Yes.

3. Do you expect to meet anyone you know during this trip who may not know you are disabled. Probably No!

4. Do you expect to meet a bunch of people who you will probably never meet again in your life? Probably yes!

5. Is there any reason at all that you should care what these people think about you? Absolutely No!!

6. Will using a wheelchair or ECV make for a better vacation for you and your family? Absolutely YES!

All true and the only problem I've had so far was with a bus driver! Honestly, this guy was awful. He told me I was using the wrong hand to drive and then told me how to parallel park the thing on the bus the second time I got on one in the most condescending way-- it was so embarrassing I made my DH drive it off. It wasn't like I had tried 10 times to park the thing and failed, either--it was on my first attempt and he would NOT let me DH do it, saying I needed to learn. I was almost in tears. At the next bus stop, I made my DH get in on and he--who has been using one of these things at Disney for 5 years--had an awful time with it. The controls on this one are extra touchy or something. Anyway, I felt a little vindicated after that!

Because we keep going back and forth between SoG and Disney DVC, depending on our points situation! This trip is BWV and BLT--though Shades would have worked well for this trip--no walking to the monorail!

ahh, well at least my memory isn't going. I thought you did SOG sometimes. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter