having lunch at BoG right now...

msmith07101

DIS Veteran
Delicious...best counter service I have had. Having pork with potatoes and green beans. And It is beautiful in here. Sitting watching the snow!

Glad you are enjoying it! We ate dinner there last night and were seated at a table right in front of the snowing windows. I looked around the entire place, and liked the rose garden room the best.

Can you confirm whether the French Onion Soup counts as a "snack" credit? Does it come in the ceramic bowl and everything as a snack credit? It's listed on the 2012 list but it seems too good to be true :thumbsup2

Yes, the soup is a snack credit.

Yes, it comes in a ceramic bowl.

Note, this soup is apparently not made with beef stock or any animal stock, so it will not taste the same as the soup you can get at Chefs de France or other places. It is good news for vegetarians though.

Note, this soup is apparently not made with beef stock or any animal stock, so it will not taste the same as the soup you can get at Chefs de France or other places. It is good news for vegetarians though.

Great, thanks!

Glad you like it! Now I'm stuck between lunch and dinner!!! Ahhh the choices a DIS'er must make ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

How long did you have to wait and what time did you go? I would love to try lunch here but undecided as expecting it will be very crowded....? Thanks! :)

I was able to get a walk-up dinner reservation a few days after Election Day. Ate in the main ballroom and watched the snowfall. Had the French onion soup, the pork rack chop dish, and a glass of beaujolais wine, which is a personal favorite. Only comment was the restaurant was too dark to read the menu. Everyone struggled with that.

Last week I had quick service lunch. Loved the way it was done, served from wheeled carts. I had the Croque Monsieur sandwich (ham and Gruyere cheese with bechamel). It was honestly my favorite sandwich at WDW. I ate in the West Wing room, and it was dark and eerie. Well done theming.

Might as well throw in that I had LeFou's Brew at Gaston's. I liked it, but it was hard to describe. I guess apple, but the tropical foam on top had an influence on the overall taste of the drink. I don't know if I loved it, but I liked it. Have to return to WDW just to make sure...

Very good news. It's far too much of a pain to track down vegetable stock soup :(.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter