HAVING A GRAND OLD TIME! The 2013 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok! Thanks for the info! So if I want a balcony...I should book the King Deluxe RPC and then request the balcony from IPO... and get the honeymoon suite??

Those are on floor 2? Lounge floor 4??

What views do those have??

I like a balcony for some air...sounds wierd I know but makes it feel special to open the door and hear all the sounds!

I am staying in the Deluxe king RPC myself with DH for anniversary 11/9-11. Not sure which room I get but let me know if anything you want me to check for you.

FYI I didn't request either one because I couldn't decide.

I also am confused about the deluxe queen rooms. I have booked an outer building (standard) garden view room. We have three adults and two children. Are the deluxe queen rooms only for 4? I think I would prefer a balcony. Do I have to indicate that on my room request or do all rooms for 5 have either patios or balconies? I would like a building with the best view possible for my category. Would Conch Key be a good choice? Thanks.

LOL about the "really nice room list" - mine is less organized than a list, just notes I keep in various folders and I have most of my old folios. I recently started a list for all the resorts we like to stay in, but it's not complete. I'm kind of lazy that way.:laughing:

Thanks for the deluxe queen info. Those 4 over the courtyard can get so confusing!:upsidedow I had 4319 (the photos I posted yesterday), which was not accessible in 2007, at least. The only reason I thought 4320 should be accessible is due to the message I got from IPO in 2010, when I asked about those rooms specifically:

...As for the rooms you are asking about, those are deluxe rooms. Our room assigner said they are not able to be guaranteed because they connect to our accessable rooms. Also our systems will not allow us to book 5 into that room category.

So, I assumed there were two accessible rooms, as they mentioned "accessible rooms", but if you have been in both 4320 and 4420, sounds like there is only one. Good to know, in case anyone asks!:thumbsup2

BTW - do you know if they allow 5 in those rooms now? I thought they might have changed that this year, when they switched the occupancy of the king deluxe from 2 to 3? Sure would be nice, it has been frustrating that those larger rooms have had a lower occupancy than a std.:headache:

ETA: Oops, forgot to say - YAY for single digits!!:dance3:

I don't even want to admit on how many folios I have saved :upsidedow:blush: I think this constitutes mention in the "10 signs that you are addicted to Disney!!??" What do you think??...LOL...

As far as I know those rooms deluxe have not increased their occupancy...

meredith1 I think that those TPV rooms will be so nice for your family! To be able to see the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pagent from your room is just the best! :thumbsup2

I am so confused on this category. I'm finding conflicting descriptions all over the web. Do they have balconies? Are they the old lodge tower rooms? I know they are in outer buildings, but then I see some posts that say main building. Are they the rooms with the "pushed out" sittimg area? Or are they more of a triangular shape? And are these the same as the queen deluxe? I wS told by a CM that the rooms are 574 sq feet, but that's all I know. Anyone have pictures, room numbers of these rooms? Thanks so much!

This room category can be so confusing! :confused3 The main difference in some of the discussion here is which rooms are club level...in either the main building..also know as the Royal Palm Club...or outer building club level..which is also known as Sugar Loaf..

.A regular deluxe room...which also used to be know as a lodge tower room..further contributing to the confusion..:headache: ..is that very lovely room with the bump out which is an extra seating area..complete with small sofa..chair.. extra TV and a coffee table..but not extra sleeping space as the sofa does not pullout to a bed...those can be found in all of the other lodge buildings..Big Pine Key..Boca Chica Conch Key and Sago Cay...

Gosh I hope that helped..LOL..and didn't confuse you more! :flower3:

Hi everyone- currently booked in the honeymoon suite at the Poly for marathon weekend....but with pool and pool bar closure...I think I am changing to the GF. The RPC Deluxe king is available with the discount.

What type of view do those have and what floor are they on??

Thanks!

Hey V Long time no see! :goodvibes Hope all is well with you and your family! How nice to getting to go on a couples weekend! Are you running in the marathon??? :tiptoe:

Those deluxe king rooms at the GF are soo nice... :lovestruc and k&a&c'smom gave you a great description of them.... Just wanted to say hi! And have a great trip!

Mickeynut Whatcha been up to??? Change any plans for the spring..yet??? ;) LOL...

I have some thoughts on the new Magic Band :scratchin ..since I have been trying it on for size..LOL ;) ...It is wide on my wrist... and I wonder how comfortable it will be to wear?? I also wonder how it be to be wearing it in the summer heat....but I am not too concerned about that..LOL..since I don't think we will be having a heat wave next week...

Hello fellow GF fans! Hope that you have a wonderful Wednesday! :cheer2:

I also am confused about the deluxe queen rooms. I have booked an outer building (standard) garden view room. We have three adults and two children. Are the deluxe queen rooms only for 4? I think I would prefer a balcony. Do I have to indicate that on my room request or do all rooms for 5 have either patios or balconies? I would like a building with the best view possible for my category. Would Conch Key be a good choice? Thanks.

I hope that I provided a little bit more of a detailed description in my previous post...

The deluxe queen rooms do only accommodate 4 people...

A standard garden view room can be in any of the outer buildings (except for Sugar Loaf..which is in the club level category) ..they are views of the gardens.. the marina..and even the pool...

Conch Key is a very nice choice if you'd like to be near the boat dock and the courtyard pool... there is a map at the beginning of this thread that will show you exactly where each building is located...

I do believe that all standard room have either a balcony even ground floor..which is more of a balcony that a patio as it is enclosed ...

Enjoy your stay at the GF! It really is such a nice resort! :thumbsup2

I don't even want to admit on how many folios I have saved :upsidedow:blush: I think this constitutes mention in the "10 signs that you are addicted to Disney!!??" What do you think??...LOL...

As far as I know those rooms deluxe have not increased their occupancy...

:rotfl2: Gee, ya think?! Keeping old folios of previous stays - I think that qualifies.:teeth:

This room category can be so confusing! :confused3

Mickeynut Whatcha been up to??? Change any plans for the spring..yet??? ;) LOL...

I have some thoughts on the new Magic Band :scratchin ..since I have been trying it on for size..LOL ;) ...It is wide on my wrist... and I wonder how comfortable it will be to wear?? I also wonder how it be to be wearing it in the summer heat....but I am not too concerned about that..LOL..since I don't think we will be having a heat wave next week...

Hello fellow GF fans! Hope that you have a wonderful Wednesday! :cheer2:

Wow, you said a mouthful (bold part)!! Not only have they confused everyone with 2 levels of club, they decided to switch the name from "lodge tower" to "deluxe garden" when they already had 2 deluxe room categories in the main bldg.:headache: GAAAH!

Thanks for the thoughts on the bands. DD is looking forward to trying them, I will at least give them a shot but am afraid they will not be comfortable for me. Especially in the heat. I hope I'm wrong, as they seem convenient.

Does anyone know - do they have plans to put RFID locks on the pool fence? When I was there in April, it was a simple lift of the knob, but I've read of the possibility all the resorts' main pools will require your MB to enter the pool area. I hope not. I also wonder about the ability to wear the bands on wet rides.:scratchin

:rotfl2: Gee, ya think?! Keeping old folios of previous stays - I think that qualifies.:teeth:

then I am too!!

I have them in my bedside table..when I am counting down to my next trip, I take them out and look at the hotel maps and info

16 days till WL and 114 days till GF

I have a question that I'm hoping someone can help me out with. I have looked so many places and done so many searches without being able to find the answer and it's driving me absolutely crazy.

So regarding the Deluxe King rooms that are on the 2nd floor (non turret rooms). I've read these are on the 2nd floor in a "private wing". I've been to the Grand Floridian before and eaten at some of the restaurants, but what I can't figure out is how are the rooms in this wing accessed? From my understanding you only have the one main elevator in the main building that takes you to floors 2-5, but 2 is the floor where all of the shops and Citricos is on.

Thanks in advance!

I have a question that I'm hoping someone can help me out with. I have looked so many places and done so many searches without being able to find the answer and it's driving me absolutly crazy.

So regarding the Deluxe King rooms that are on the 2nd floor (non turret rooms). I've read these are on the 2nd floor in a "private wing". I've been to the Grand Floridian before and eaten at some of the restaurants, but what I can't figure out is how are the rooms in this wing accessed? From my understanding you only have the one main elevator in the main building that takes you to floors 2-5, but 2 is the floor where all of the shops and Citricos is on.

Thanks in advance!

There is a back elevator that you have to use a key to access.:) The 2nd floor deluxe king rooms are not accessible by the 2nd floor lobby, you have to go up to the 3rd floor (club key only) then walk to the back elevator and go down.

There is a back elevator that you have to use a key to access.:) The 2nd floor deluxe king rooms are not accessible by the 2nd floor lobby, you have to go up to the 3rd floor (club key only) then walk to the back elevator and go down.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! (Yes I was screaming for finally knowing). I was hoping that was the case, but I had a fear that you had to go outside near Gasparilla and take an elevator up.. I figured that couldn't be the case, but I had to confirm.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! (Yes I was screaming for finally knowing). I was hoping that was the case, but I had a fear that you had to go outside near Gasparilla and take an elevator up.. I figured that couldn't be the case, but I had to confirm.

You can do it that way, for instance if you are using the pool and don't want to go through the lobby. But from the lobby, you use the gold elevator to the 3rd, then go to the pool elevator and go down to 2.:)

Same elevator, btw; it goes down to the ground level and you come out by Gasparilla's - used to be called the pool elevator.:goodvibes To use this elevator, you have to have a club level room key.

No changes so far.....I'm staying strong with that deluxe room :thumbsup2. As much as I want to try Poly CL, the volcano pool being refurbed is a deal breaker for me and the CR isn't available for our dates (at least not the room category I want :rolleyes1.....and you know my Epcot resort dilemma :sad2:). Plus the thought of all of that extra space in the GF room is very appealing.....not that the standard rooms are small, but the extra room in the deluxe will be very nice to have :goodvibes.

I guess I'm in that category then :rotfl::rotfl:. I thought I was the only crazy one who kept those......good to see I'm not :rotfl2:.

Awesome. I like that it's there for the option, but I really wanted to be able to use the elevator in the main building to access my room from the Monorail. I really appreciate this information.

mickeynut - sounds like there are a lot of us crazies!:laughing:

Awesome. I like that it's there for the option, but I really wanted to be able to use the elevator in the main building to access my room from the Monorail. I really appreciate this information.

You are very welcome, that's what we're here for!:goodvibes I absolutely agree, going right to your room off the monorail is a huge perk of RPC.:cloud9:

This has been a great conversation regarding the deluxe room categories. I'm so glad that it's here for the future. I had been in a whirl of confusion. Thank you for clearing it all up-you guys are the best!!!!! :thumbsup2

I need some help regarding RPC deluxe rooms. We had to make some changes to our December trip which resulted in pushing our cruise back until next year, along with changing our resort stays. I was originally thinking of going over Mother's Day, but with the new promo that was just released, it's hard to pass up a 35% discount at deluxes for March without knowing if anything will be offered for May. I tried to get my oldest to agree to BWI, but it wasn't happening without good CS options :sad2:......so the MK area it is. The CR wasn't available for our dates (we'll try that next December ;)) and with the Poly pool closing April-August (construction wouldn't be an issue, but the pool being closed is a deal breaker for us), that leaves the GF (but that's not a bad thing......LOL). My intention was to book a standard RPC room, but the only thing available under the discount was a deluxe room, so I booked it. I'm not familiar with the deluxe rooms and was wondering where they are located? Also, are any deluxe rooms close to the lounge? TIA for any information :flower3:.

Oh, I see you made some changes to your trip, Mickeynut, but being at the GF in March can't be a bad thing! :thumbsup2 :cool1: You just have to make your paper chain calendar (like in kindergarten) somewhat longer! Sorry about that..:flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter