Having a bit of post-ADR anxiety...

lanasboys

Mouseketeer
I've already made my ADRs, but now I'm thinking of making some changes. We are on basic DDP and I don't mind paying OOP for a few meals, but don't want to overbook and feel like we're constantly eating. Here's my dilemma: I didn't schedule Crystal Palace for breakfast and now I'm really wanting some puffed french toast and breakfast lasagna. Also, I think DS6 might enjoy Hollywood & Vine character meal, and I didn't schedule that one. Here's what I did schedule: Ohana (D), 1900 Park Fare (D), T-Rex (D), Sci-Fi (L), 50s PTC (D), Crystal Palace (D), Tusker House (B), Boma (D), Chef Mickey's (D), 1900 Pk Fare (B), Biergarten (D), Ohana (B), Rainforest (D). I'm thinking of switching Tusker House or the 1900 Pk Fare bfast to Crystal Palace, and I don't know how to fit in Hollywood & Vine. I thought of switching Sci-Fi for it, but I've scheduled so many character meals for DS6, and DS13 really wants to go to the Sci-Fi. Any suggestions?

I've already made my ADRs, but now I'm thinking of making some changes. We are on basic DDP and I don't mind paying OOP for a few meals, but don't want to overbook and feel like we're constantly eating. Here's my dilemma: I didn't schedule Crystal Palace for breakfast and now I'm really wanting some puffed french toast and breakfast lasagna. Also, I think DS6 might enjoy Hollywood & Vine character meal, and I didn't schedule that one. Here's what I did schedule: Ohana (D), 1900 Park Fare (D), T-Rex (D), Sci-Fi (L), 50s PTC (D), Crystal Palace (D), Tusker House (B), Boma (D), Chef Mickey's (D), 1900 Pk Fare (B), Biergarten (D), Ohana (B), Rainforest (D). I'm thinking of switching Tusker House or the 1900 Pk Fare bfast to Crystal Palace, and I don't know how to fit in Hollywood & Vine. I thought of switching Sci-Fi for it, but I've scheduled so many character meals for DS6, and DS13 really wants to go to the Sci-Fi. Any suggestions?

Personally if i was your older son who wanted to go to SCI-FI and you then cancelled it to go to Hollywood and Vine for my younger sibling, i would be TICKED!!! My thoughts? Leave it as you have it since you do have a bunch of character meals already. Crystal Palace has great food and is perfect if anyone is into Pooh characters as well

You have some great ADR's, but I think, If I could get it I would switch 1900 Park Faire for Crystal Palace. I would also keep Sci-Fi, if that is what the 13 y.o. wants. You could give the boys a vote on it, just give them a list of what you are willing to give up and let them each pick the most important on to them.

, you have to keep Sci-Fi for your 13 year old. Dont you know it is all about the children on these vacations?

Definitely keep SciFi for your 13 year old because you have lots of character meals already that they're probably not too excited about anymore.

I'd switch the 1900 breakfast for Crystal Palace because the food is better. Your 6 year old probably won't know what they're missing at the other character meals if they've never been to them before and no one tells them about it :rolleyes1

Ok, so if I had read that back I would have known I would get flamed for the Sci-Fi to H&V thing in relation to which boy wants to do what. And, of course I DO know that these trips are all about the kids, or else we probably wouldn't be doing almost all character meals and "cool" meals (such as Sci-Fi, 50s PTC). What I left out of the post is that DS13 LOVES the character meals too and has chosen several of them himself. I just said the character meals were for DS6 because he's little and has never been to WDW before, so has never experienced the character meals, and DS13 has. I certainly would not switch Sci-Fi for anything without talking to DS13 first and getting his opinion. I guess what I was really wondering is how people like Hollywood and Vine in comparison to Sci-Fi. And I think I am going to try to switch the 1900 Pk Fare bfast for Crystal Palace. I only made that ADR to begin with because there are different characters for breakfast and dinner at Pk Fare.

Ok, so if I had read that back I would have known I would get flamed for the Sci-Fi to H&V thing in relation to which boy wants to do what. And, of course I DO know that these trips are all about the kids, or else we probably wouldn't be doing almost all character meals and "cool" meals (such as Sci-Fi, 50s PTC). What I left out of the post is that DS13 LOVES the character meals too and has chosen several of them himself. I just said the character meals were for DS6 because he's little and has never been to WDW before, so has never experienced the character meals, and DS13 has. I certainly would not switch Sci-Fi for anything without talking to DS13 first and getting his opinion. I guess what I was really wondering is how people like Hollywood and Vine in comparison to Sci-Fi. And I think I am going to try to switch the 1900 Pk Fare bfast for Crystal Palace. I only made that ADR to begin with because there are different characters for breakfast and dinner at Pk Fare.

you don't have to justify your question so don't worry about it.

I LOVE Sci Fi..it is a million times better than hollywood &vine. That is the only place we will never ever eat at again in Disney.

You will love Crystal Palace breakfast. It is sooo good!!!!

Good luck with everything, hope you are able to get what you want.:goodvibes

Sorry i responded so harshly! I was in an extremely bad mood after talking to a CM from the hot place about getting a new DVD Planning video sent out since mine is scratched and i can't watch it. I think she forgot to take her happy pill but that was no reason for me to come down hard on you SO SORRY.

Whatever meals you chose ,as my hubby says, you'll be eating in Disney --- who cares where it is :cool1: I second what most are saying Crystal Palace is great for both food and character interaction.

We took our girls to H&V when they were 4. It was okay. The food was so-so, and the characters had good interaction. We probably won't be back though b/c the girls think they're too old for Little Einsteins and don't remember JoJo's Circus at all.

If it was me, I wouldn't switch Sci-Fi for H&V (although I've never eaten at Sci-Fi).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter