Have you had a nightmare? Or am I crazy?

CyberFey

Mouseketeer
Okay. I know most brides have wedding nightmares. The flowers didn't show, your face breaks out, etc. etc.

But last night I had a honeymoon nightmare!!

We were upgraded to Wilderness Lodge instead of POP, which was great, but we slept in until 9 am and missed our ADR for breakfast. Then we were told since we missed that one we couldn't go to any of the other ones I had planned. We couldn't find a place to eat at all. We took a tram like thing to the wrong kingdom, lost all our luggage (even though we drove), and got lost in the park when we tried to get back to the hotel. I was standing in the middle of Animal Kingdom crying, "I'm not having a magical day!!!" All that planning messed up... :headache:

But I woke up and realized I'm still cozy in my bed. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else had a Disney nightmare? :confused3 I think I need to back off the planning a bit! :rotfl:

You're not alone:goodvibes There have been a few threads over the years on that subject. I haven't had one in a while but I used to have them before every trip. The recurring one was I was in Magic Kingdom and couldn't get to any of the rides I wanted to, no matter where I turned. Or, if I made it to Splash Mountain it was floating blow up rafts instead of boats you had to go down on :scared1:

I had lots of them before our trip in December last year! I think mostly because I was doing ALL of the planning for 6 adults and feeling a lot of pressure to make it a "perfect" trip. I remember dreams where we were there for days and days and we could never get into the parks for one reason or another, and one where we realized on the last day that we had forgotten to take one single picture of the entire trip! It ended up being an AMAZING trip, so don't worry about your honeymoon. It will be fantastic!

I have them all of the time. Whether I'm staying at WDW or cruising, I've had them. I've gone from leaving for the airport and forgetting to pack, oversleeping, the car breaks down, oversleeping at the resort and never getting to any of the parks.

Oh my yes! I had one 2 nights ago. I'm planning our mother / daughter trip for the end of January. In my dream, we got to the parks and mom and I split up, doing our own thing by ourselves, etc. I found myself standing in a long line and thinking to myself "This is NOT how it's supposed to be!!! Mom and I are supposed to be TOGETHER! Standing in line, enjoying each other's company, TOGETHER!!" I was almost crying.... then I woke up.

Hate Disney nightmares.

Right before every major vacation, for us it's WDW or Myrtle Beach, I get the same dream. If it's Disney, I'm 3 days from the end of our trip, we haven't been to any park even once, haven't done squat and we're just aimlessly wandering from park to park. If it's Myrtle, same deal, we're near the end, haven't golfed, gone pub crawling, never even been in the ocean. I only get this once, when I wake up I'm relieved and I know the day of departure is drawing near, and this nightmare makes me preview my 'Must Do' list to be sure this doesn't actually happen.

Bill From PA

Never had a Disney nightmare, but I've had the forgetting to pack one frequently when we plan a trip. Sometimes, it's months in advance of actually going.

Andrew

You're not alone:goodvibes There have been a few threads over the years on that subject. I haven't had one in a while but I used to have them before every trip. The recurring one was I was in Magic Kingdom and couldn't get to any of the rides I wanted to, no matter where I turned. Or, if I made it to Splash Mountain it was floating blow up rafts instead of boats you had to go down on :scared1:

Eeap! A blow up raft would not be cool! :scared1:

I had lots of them before our trip in December last year! I think mostly because I was doing ALL of the planning for 6 adults and feeling a lot of pressure to make it a "perfect" trip. I remember dreams where we were there for days and days and we could never get into the parks for one reason or another, and one where we realized on the last day that we had forgotten to take one single picture of the entire trip! It ended up being an AMAZING trip, so don't worry about your honeymoon. It will be fantastic!

:goodvibes I too am alone in the planning. I love my fiance, but every time I ask him he's like, "whatever you want to do!" :guilty: I'd hate not taking pictures! Thanks, I'm hoping so!

Oh my yes! I had one 2 nights ago. I'm planning our mother / daughter trip for the end of January. In my dream, we got to the parks and mom and I split up, doing our own thing by ourselves, etc. I found myself standing in a long line and thinking to myself "This is NOT how it's supposed to be!!! Mom and I are supposed to be TOGETHER! Standing in line, enjoying each other's company, TOGETHER!!" I was almost crying.... then I woke up.

Hate Disney nightmares.

Oh that's awful! I'd hate to be separated. :hug:

Right before every major vacation, for us it's WDW or Myrtle Beach, I get the same dream. If it's Disney, I'm 3 days from the end of our trip, we haven't been to any park even once, haven't done squat and we're just aimlessly wandering from park to park. If it's Myrtle, same deal, we're near the end, haven't golfed, gone pub crawling, never even been in the ocean. I only get this once, when I wake up I'm relieved and I know the day of departure is drawing near, and this nightmare makes me preview my 'Must Do' list to be sure this doesn't actually happen.

Bill From PA

Good idea! I'm definitely checking over my list with DFi when he gets home!

Sleeping in until 9am is completely acceptable on your honeymoon ;)

LOL, I might. Especially after MK's EMH that ends at 2 am! That's our first day. I might have to plan sleep time. :goodvibes

Never had a Disney nightmare, but I've had the forgetting to pack one frequently when we plan a trip. Sometimes, it's months in advance of actually going.

Andrew

Our trip won't be until April. I'm really hoping this is the first and last nightmare!

Thanks guys. I knew that this would be the place I wouldn't feel so crazy and alone. :woohoo: The DISers are the best!

Okay. I know most brides have wedding nightmares. The flowers didn't show, your face breaks out, etc. etc.

But last night I had a honeymoon nightmare!!

We were upgraded to Wilderness Lodge instead of POP, which was great, but we slept in until 9 am and missed our ADR for breakfast. Then we were told since we missed that one we couldn't go to any of the other ones I had planned. We couldn't find a place to eat at all. We took a tram like thing to the wrong kingdom, lost all our luggage (even though we drove), and got lost in the park when we tried to get back to the hotel. I was standing in the middle of Animal Kingdom crying, "I'm not having a magical day!!!" All that planning messed up... :headache:

But I woke up and realized I'm still cozy in my bed. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else had a Disney nightmare? :confused3 I think I need to back off the planning a bit! :rotfl:

omg every time leading up to a trip. That's the one reason it's good I only get down every two years! I have dreams that things keep happening and we won't make it out to a park on this day, then we do something else on that day, and before I know it, I've hardly even been in the parks at all and it's time to leave!!!

My only Disney nightmares involve having really loud, obnoxious neighbors and not being able to escape them, because this happened to me once at CSR.

I was just in WDW for my own honeymoon earlier this month. Can I suggest that you not overplan your honeymoon? No offense, but I was kind of horrified when I read that "9 AM" was "oversleeping" …

Seriously, DH & I only made one ADR (for CRT) the whole week and we ate everywhere we wanted and never once did we get out of bed before 10 am ;) No way either of us wanted to get up at the crack of dawn on our honeymoon. Early breakfast ADRs were a no no for us too.

We managed to do everything in the parks we wanted to do and still have plenty of time to just relax, take in watching a Bruins game from ESPN club, get a spa treatment at GF, meet up with my aunt & uncle (who weren't able to make it to the wedding) for lunch one afternoon, and eat everyplace we wanted to eat, swim in Stormalong Bay, watch Illuminations from our balcony and take in the food & wine fest.

We ate at CRT, Shula's (DH favorite), Big River Brew Co. (my aunt's favorite), San Angel Inn (my favorite), ESPN, T-Rex, Boma and so many food & wine booths I can't remember them all… CRT was the only ADR we had. The only place we tried to eat at and couldn't get in was Yachtsman Steakhouse… I called to see if they had availability and they did not and we had a really specific time we wanted to go (9 pm) so we just went to Shula's instead. No big deal, both are equally good.

My only Disney nightmares involve having really loud, obnoxious neighbors and not being able to escape them, because this happened to me once at CSR.

I was just in WDW for my own honeymoon earlier this month. Can I suggest that you not overplan your honeymoon? No offense, but I was kind of horrified when I read that "9 AM" was "oversleeping" …

Seriously, DH & I only made one ADR (for CRT) the whole week and we ate everywhere we wanted and never once did we get out of bed before 10 am ;) No way either of us wanted to get up at the crack of dawn on our honeymoon. Early breakfast ADRs were a no no for us too.

We managed to do everything in the parks we wanted to do and still have plenty of time to just relax, take in watching a Bruins game from ESPN club, get a spa treatment at GF, meet up with my aunt & uncle (who weren't able to make it to the wedding) for lunch one afternoon, and eat everyplace we wanted to eat, swim in Stormalong Bay, watch Illuminations from our balcony and take in the food & wine fest.

We ate at CRT, Shula's (DH favorite), Big River Brew Co. (my aunt's favorite), San Angel Inn (my favorite), ESPN, T-Rex, Boma and so many food & wine booths I can't remember them all… CRT was the only ADR we had. The only place we tried to eat at and couldn't get in was Yachtsman Steakhouse… I called to see if they had availability and they did not and we had a really specific time we wanted to go (9 pm) so we just went to Shula's instead. No big deal, both are equally good.

I think there is some merit to both sides here. I agree that "taking it easy" can make a great trip. We once went down, just DW and I ( left the kids at home ) and sure enough took it easy. But I'll also say that when you don't have kids with you, there are less attractions you might "want to see" ( when you say you saw everything ). Also, it's much easier to get in without ADR's when you are just two. When we were down, we tried to just get into Crystal Palace, and at first, they told us no we needed an ADR. But while we were outside, wondering where to eat ( cause we didn't want "fast food" ), the hostess came out and offered us a table :) ...

Considering the OP was indeed asking about a honeymoon though, this should work out in their favor :)

No offense taken. :) DFi and I are kinda early risers (usually out of bed by 7 on our days off and I get up at 4:30 on days I work), so 10 would feel pretty late for us! :laughing: I'm trying not to overplan, as DFi is a "when we get there" kinda guy, but as it's our first time (and probably won't be back for 4-5 years) there's so much I want to do that I don't want to miss anything if I can help it. It's almost more a vacation than honeymoon, since we've lived together for 3 years now. There's not the "yay! Alone time! OMG EXCITED!" Instead we're "OMG DISNEY! NO KID?! WOOHOO!"

So I'm not sure how much relaxing we'll be doing. Just a reconnection and enjoying each other's company without worrying about money or a child. I'm definitely open to canceling ADRs if we get there and feel it's just not our thing. (Except Akershus, I don't wanna pay the cancellation fee!)

I will take your suggestion to heart and try to go with the flow. I know nobody likes to vacation with the crazy cruise director. :goodvibes

I think there is some merit to both sides here. I agree that "taking it easy" can make a great trip. We once went down, just DW and I ( left the kids at home ) and sure enough took it easy. But I'll also say that when you don't have kids with you, there are less attractions you might "want to see" ( when you say you saw everything ). Also, it's much easier to get in without ADR's when you are just two. When we were down, we tried to just get into Crystal Palace, and at first, they told us no we needed an ADR. But while we were outside, wondering where to eat ( cause we didn't want "fast food" ), the hostess came out and offered us a table :) ...

Considering the OP was indeed asking about a honeymoon though, this should work out in their favor :)

As far as attractions go, there are certainly some we won't be going to since our kiddo isn't with us. Like I love Winnie the Pooh, but we won't be doing any of it. Playhouse disney and stuff like that are certain nos. Stuff like Pirates and Lilo & Stitch and EPCOT, ooooh yeah. I think I was more worried about getting the most bang for my buck with the DlxDP and making sure I had somewhere to eat. :goodvibes DFi and I LOVE food (Food Network, Top Chef, Iron Chef, etc. etc.), so the restaurants and food types are the most exciting thing for us. There isn't much in Oklahoma.

And since I already know he won't ride things like EE or RnRc (me: :rotfl:, him: :scared1::eek:), I have to find all the tame stuff. :laughing:

As far as attractions go, there are certainly some we won't be going to since our kiddo isn't with us. Like I love Winnie the Pooh, but we won't be doing any of it. Playhouse disney and stuff like that are certain nos. Stuff like Pirates and Lilo & Stitch and EPCOT, ooooh yeah. I think I was more worried about getting the most bang for my buck with the DlxDP and making sure I had somewhere to eat. :goodvibes DFi and I LOVE food (Food Network, Top Chef, Iron Chef, etc. etc.), so the restaurants and food types are the most exciting thing for us. There isn't much in Oklahoma.

And since I already know he won't ride things like EE or RnRc (me: :rotfl:, him: :scared1::eek:), I have to find all the tame stuff. :laughing:

Oh for sure on food. We're big Food Network fans too... And yet... we SOMEHOW missed out on Kouzzina on our last trip... But had so many other great dining experiences. We love WDW for the food as much as for the attractions... We'll be doing our first DL trip this March and I've been reading up on restaurants like crazy cause I have ZERO idea where we should eat for the ONLY TWO days we'll be there!

Mine always involves finally getting to the park but forgetting my camera. I love photographing Disney, and this just drives me crazy. I usually spend the rest of the dream trying to get back to the room to get the camera, but just can't get there......... :scared1:

Life should be full of such horrible challenges!!!!

Mine always involves finally getting to the park but forgetting my camera. I love photographing Disney, and this just drives me crazy. I usually spend the rest of the dream trying to get back to the room to get the camera, but just can't get there......... :scared1:

Life should be full of such horrible challenges!!!!

OMG This actually HAPPENED to me one year!! (not at Disney) I felt so terrible. We survived on Disposable cameras :)

I'm not alone! What's funny is that the kind of dreams I have, other people have. When I have a trip coming up, I usually dream that we can't get into a park, are wandering aimlessly around the transportation, or have been in a park but haven't ridden anything and don't know what to do. I think it's the pressure we put on ourselves of trying to make the perfect trips.

To the OP, enjoy your honeymoon! Everything will go great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter