• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever tweeted to a celebrity and received a reply?

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
I've had two :)

I tweeted to Samantha Brown (Travel Channel shows) once about what kind of shots she gets before traveling to all of those exotic locations and she told me.

I also tweeted to my childhood crush Danica McKellar (aka Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years)...I made a very silly comment and she sent just as silly a reply :p

I can't remember what I tweeted to Stephen King, it was a while ago, but he retweeted it! I thought it was awesome.

I don't Tweet

But I was the first person who commented once on giuliana rancic's facebook pic-admiring her Blouse-another chimes in asking about her shoes.

About 20 minutes later she posted a close up of her outfit and told all the designers of each piece she was wearing :)

ugh, sorry, missed a word in the title, should have said "Have you ever tweeted to a celebrity and received a reply?"

I've had a few. Most of them are from actors/crew of the TV show Castle.

When Kevin Hooks (actor/director) directed an episode of Castle, I tweeted to him what a great episode it was and he thanked me.

Toks Olagundoye has recently joined the cast; and because people have floated a rumor her character may be breaking up the main couple of the show, she's been getting some nasty tweets. So I've exchanged a few tweets with her letting her know that not all of the fans are against her. She's answered and favorited almost all of the tweets of support.

A lot of the crew interact all the time - I've tweeted about my lunch to one of the prop guys (he loves deli sandwiches)

Then once when I was on an Amtrak train, an adult was kicking my seat. At the same time, Howard Bryant (a sportswriter) was on a plane, and a kid was kicking his seat. So we exchanged a few tweets about what we wished we could do to the seat kickers.

Once, when I met Sean Patrick Flanery. I tweeted that I couldn't believe that I just met Powder and he replied and then followed me. He's a super nice guy - had no idea that he played Jeremy in Powder when I first met him. Then I when I realized, I totally flipped out. :worship:

Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, co-creator of Phineas and Ferb, replies all the time.

Laverne Cox, Armistead Maupin, Mia Farrow and Nancy Sinatra.

I got a response from Nancy Sinatra as well!

Clark Gregg accidentally followed me - probably meant to favorite - I was unfollowed but not before I got a screenshot! LOL

DH began following Lindsey Sterling on FB quite some time ago and once posted on her page that our DD had recently started learning the violin. She responded to his post. Thought it was nice of her to respond. Such a talented artist!

Dale Earnhardt. jr. He posted an unflattering picture of his sister while she was pregnant and I tweeted and told him his sister is going to be really mad at him. He thanked me for the heads up and took the picture down and put a nice one up. He said he selected the wrong picture.

I don't tweet, but my little sister does, and she's had several famous people tweet her and retweet her tweets. One of her tweets was mentioned on TV by Ross Mathews. She's gotten NFL tickets more than once from her favorite player. Sat with his family! The only one that's really bugged me was Andy Cohen tweeting her. I'm a big fan of his and she rubbed it in. Lol!

I don't tweet, but my little sister does, and she's had several famous people tweet her and retweet her tweets. One of her tweets was mentioned on TV by Ross Mathews. She's gotten NFL tickets more than once from her favorite player. Sat with his family! The only one that's really bugged me was Andy Cohen tweeting her. I'm a big fan of his and she rubbed it in. Lol!

Wow she must have caught him at the right time, kudos to her. Andy was a keynote at a conference I'm involved in running (I was lucky enough to be his on site handler. :yay: Man he's handsome and it was a thrill to hear him speak.) He had talked about how his twitter feed is almost impossible to keep up with because he gets so many tweets to him that his @ mentions are constantly flipping.

Mine have all been reality stars from Bravo....Reza from Shahs of sunset, Caroline Manzo from Real Housewives of NJ and Married with Manzos, Kristin from Real Housewives in NY (we've had full on conversations). Andy Cohen retweeted something I tweeted and one of my tweets ended up on an episode of real housewives of ny (where they show tweets on the bottom of the screen during the show).

ETA.....just remembered Bob Sagat replied to a tweet. My aunt had recently passed from the same rare autoimmune disease that his sister passed from and he is very involved in the foundation for that disease.

A few actually - I used to be really active on Twitter plus I ran a fan page - so that helped to lol
- Pitbull has Rt'd and responded to me several times.
- Kesha has Rt'd me
-Melissa Gilbert retweeted me.
-Jerrod Neiman Rt'd me and thanked me.
- An Spanish Singer I like, El Cata replied and Rt'd me.
- A Cuban band, Gente de Zona replied to me.
- Austin Mahon has Rt'd me.

There have been more but those are really the biggies.

Not celebrities but authors. Most of us at work who do some social media tend to reach out and get replies to authors. YA authors are the best. One of my coworkers did get a shout out on twitter from Katee Sackhoff. We were all kind of psyched about that one.

I don't know much about twitter how do you know someone replies or retweets your post? Is it like FB you get a notification?

Wow she must have caught him at the right time, kudos to her. Andy was a keynote at a conference I'm involved in running (I was lucky enough to be his on site handler. :yay: Man he's handsome and it was a thrill to hear him speak.) He had talked about how his twitter feed is almost impossible to keep up with because he gets so many tweets to him that his @ mentions are constantly flipping.
She tagged him in a tweet that she was in bed reading his book (first one) and eating chips, and he tweeted back "Mmmm chips". She couldn't wait to tell me. Lol

I once got replies from Anderson Cooper and Peter Mayhew. I have exchanged tweets with Wil Wheaton's wife Anne. She is pretty awesome and funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter