Have you ever seen a spider?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Princess Katherine, Mar 24, 2013.

1. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

OOOMMMGGG I would scream like a little girl if i saw a bunch of spiders above me on a boat! I never think to look up. Wow! I will keep this in mind next time!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. fairytalelover

fairytalelover DIS Veteran

Me too! It would remind me of Arachnophobia!! :scared1:

4. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

Oh yes we see spiders at Disney every trip. We go every May and October. They build their webs on the patios or balconies and they make amazing ones in the trees. The webs collect the morning dew and are stunning when the sun hits them. I don't like spiders but we have an agreement: they stay away and they stay alive! Lol

5. delilah

delilah DIS Veteran

Sure. It's Florida. We have seen all kinds of critters outside, but not in the room, that I can remember

6. cmhguy

cmhguy Mouseketeer

During our first night at CSR last hear, DP got bit by a spider on the lip - lip was swollen the entire trip and several weeks after..... :eek:

7. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

He's adorable! And he would have been gently placed outside by us. He's harmless!

8. Princess Katherine

Princess Katherine The Yeti's Girlfriend

So this is nature :rotfl2:

9. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

The Circle of Life

10. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

Be careful picking those little lizards up. If you pick them up by their tail, the tail snaps off. They regrow another one, but do look funny for awhile. I had one in my garage, that my little 4 y/o grandson was going to "rescue". He nearly freaked when the tail came off in his hand.:rotfl: His dad had to explain how geckos have that trait as a self defense mechanism for their own safety and that the poor lizard could/would grow another. Still it was pretty traumatic for a 4 y/o.:rotfl:

11. Maleficent53

Maleficent53 Have fun storming the castle...

Funny! This happened to us too, but it was my nephew - about 4 yrs old - who did it. We were walking to our car and a little lizard was sunning on the sidewalk. He thought he would put his foot on it's tail to catch it. The look on his face when the lizard ran away and the tail lay there twitching was priceless! :rotfl2: The kids are now in their mid-20's and still talk about this!