Have you ever missed your ressie at a hard to get, highly sought after restaurant?

NaturalLove

Mouseketeer
Just curious. I hope it doesn't happen to us on our upcoming trip. I have LeCellier booked on our arrival day. The best I could get is 2:25 p.m., although I preferred a later time. Oh well, I take what I can get :)

Yup, we skipped Le Cellier on our last trip - just my dad and I went rather than the whole family. I couldn't change the reservation to include my dad and DH just said "take him!" and made me head out with my dad. It's a wonderful memory for me that I cherish, and I'm grateful to DH for allowing me to make a daddy-daughter evening of it. Dad and I rode Test Track and Mission Space, as well as went through Spaceship Earth or whatever it's called. :cloud9: Getting to spend time with dad was wonderful.

So yes, we missed coveted reservations, but in the end I wouldn't let running from ressie to ressie ruin the trip. Go with the flow, and if you have to miss something to have a relaxing trip, DO IT!. :thumbsup2

I will try to make all my reservations, but won't beat myself up if we do miss anything. We have some really good reservations and I want to be as flexible as possilble with my children's schedule. I'm just happy we have some character meals built in for the trip.

I just had to cancel my arrival day lunch about two weeks ago. I go to WDW several times a year and always fly Air Tran 916 going down there and Air Tran 917 coming home. I always arrive in time for lunch and make an ADR for about 1:00pm just to be safe. About two-three weeks ago Air Tran canceled my nonstop flight for Dec 4th and put me on one that has a layover in Atlanta. I am now arriving four hours later than usual. I know people complain about Air Tran, but this is the first time they've ever done this to me. I'm on the DxDDP and now have an extra dining credit. Instead of eating lunch in Epcot Dec 4th, I'm going to be stuck eating airport food in Atlanta.:rotfl:

We had a not exactly terribly sought after ADR last trip to Coral Reef. My daughter's friend that was with us came down wit a terrible stomach flu early that morning and it lasted all day, I called and cancelled. She was sick all day and we hung around the resort, I washed up all the laundry, less I had to do when I got home. She was sick and felt terrible but it was a day that we could rest and we really needed it.

Prior to the trip I had sent in photos of my daughter and her friend since we were celebrating her birthday....after we got home in a few days the photo placemat came in the mail, I had forgotten all about it.

It happens all the time...for possibly every reason under the sun. It's not a huge deal...just make sure to call and cancel if you're not going to make it so someone else can benefit from the opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter