Have you ever had "That Perfect Moment"?

I love all these stories! We've taken our son twice, and have had perfect moments both times.

On the first trip he was only 7 months old, and we went to MK for a day. He has always been extremely aware, and he knew Mickey (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was the only TV we let him watch). Well, before our FP+ to meet Mickey, we went to get his first pair of Mickey ears. He was wearing a Mickey onesie and was getting all excited seeing all of the Mickey ears. In fact, his pure excitement led to his first magical moment. We went to pay and the woman said we could pick any font and color for his name for free. It wasn't a huge gift, but it sure added to a special moment. He then proceeded to wear his Mickey ears for several minutes looking at himself all proud and smiling in the mirror. Then, when we went to meet Mickey, he immediately recognized him - squealing with excitement, arms and legs flapping. We have great photos of him with his hand on his pal Mickey's shoulder.

Then we went back for a second, longer trip (3 days) to celebrate his first birthday (the rest of our original 4-day FL resident pass), and we had two standout Disney moments. First, we were at Epcot and had been having some pretty lackluster character meets. Then we saw Chip and Dale outside of the character spot and got in line. Immediately, Dale started tickling DS and ended up scaring him. Dale walked to the side and DS was content with Chip. I was aware of the line and trying to move along, but both characters and the photographer continued to spend more time with DS - and Dale was determined to make sure DS wasn't upset with him. Every time I tried to walk away, one of them would pull us back for more photos, and we ended the meet with great photos of DS, Chip and Dale all happy (but my favorite is the one of the three of them w/Dale's head hung in shame). It was such a great experience with two characters who really took the time to make it magical.

And the one that may never, ever be topped - DS started walking at Disney!!! We were having a particularly unmagical afternoon at AK (last day, hot, tired, and had just had a pack of baby food squeezed all over me), so we decided the last stop would be the Boneyard for DS to get some energy out before the drive home. He had been walking holding someone's hand for a while, but was hesitant to take more than a step on his own. Well, he loved the water wall and splashing around with it. I had to walk over to the backpack to get something - which meant he needed to hold my hand and come with me. Well, he had no patience and really wanted to play in the water - so he let go of my arm and just took off, walking at least 10 feet completely on his own to the water. He then spent the next hour walking around the Boneyard, and we have been chasing him around like crazy ever since.

I could list 100s of magical moments involving first times and characters and rides but mine is this...

We went to the villains party last year, and due to my bad planning we didn't stake out so good spot to watch the opening show. DD8 was really upset, DH was antsy cause he kept standing in front of people to have me move him in, a CM shouted at me (admittedly I hopped onto a walk to try and scope a good point) but regardless - we walked down the side, heading towards Pixar place hoping TSM would be quiet to placate DD when these unbelievably kind people hoisted DD onto the wall with them so she could see. They proceeded to clap and cheer together and DD gave me a running commentary on who was on stage. Seeing her little face light up with excitement and the kindness of those adults who not only helped her but included her was true Disney Magic to me, I never got to say thank you as when it finished the crowd kind of swamped towards us, but if you happen to read this post THANK YOU my daughter speaks so highly of you and you are my Disney magical moment

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter