Have you ever had "That Perfect Moment"?

Mine was on 6th night of our trip watching my kiddos watch the second showing of the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Yes! Watching my daughter's eyes light up watching the MSEP when she was 2 1/2 is one that completely stands out in my mind, too. She was sitting on my husband's shoulders and positively glowing. It may be what hooked me on Disney.

Of course, we have had so many magical experiences at Disney.

The real stand out on our last trip was:

Going on SDMT at MNSSHP with my 7 year old daughter with absolutely no line (the ride had been shut down and we happened to walk by just as they reopened it) and riding while Hallowishes was going off overhead. Truly magical.

Mine was a small moment, but I still tear up when thinking of it. On our first trip we had an early ADR at Akershus for my princess loving girls. My painfully, painfully shy youngest opened up and talked to every single princess that stopped at our table and hugged them as hard as she could. This same girl would barely talk to members of her own family. I spent that whole breakfast thinking how "magical" that place must be

We went to Disneyland in Feb with my DS 4 and my DD was almost 3. DS dressed as Peter Pan and we were looking out for Peter or Captain Hook. City Hall told us they roamed so no real time to meet them. We were getting on Storbookland Canal Boats when we saw Peter against the railing. Oh no!!! We were gonna miss him. Luckily, he was still there when the ride over so we booked it over there. We got in line quick and we're happy to see Peter make eye contact with DS- we knew he wouldn't leave.

As we got up there, he asked my kids "do you want to go on adventure?" They were sorta star struck, but said yes. There was one little girl behind us. He took a picture with her and then took my kids skipping through Fantasyland over near where the hub meets the castle and Pixie Hollow (a pretty long way). The picture is my avatar. He tells them they are going on a treasure hunt and they start digging through the bushes. At last, he finds two pine cones. My son said "the treasure is a pine one?" Peter replied "it's a treasure because we found it together." It was so sweet and perfect.

My DH and I surprised our DD, who was 6 at the time, with her first trip to disney. Woke her up early in am and had her follow clues. She was so excited especially to learn that we were taking her first plane ride and spending more than a day at disney. The entire trip was magical. If I had to pick my most favorite memory was the day we had an 8 AM BBB reservation. We were the first people in line. Park didn't open till 9. When we were allowed in we ran for the castle. All the fairy godmother were in front of the castle as we were running down the empty main street. They were all waving to us. I had tears in my eyes. She was the first princess to be whisked in and the pampering began.

My first was when DD6 saw the castle for the first time. The pic is my avatar. She was completely awestruck. Worth every penny right then & there!

I pretty much had a trip of moments, so I cried a lot of happy tears in those 5 days!

Just like I've cried a lot of them reading this! I ❤️WDW!!!

What a fun thread :). It's so fun to think about those magical times.

I know I posted this on another thread somewhere, but ours was on our last (and first with our kids) trip 2 years ago. Our littles were 10 months and almost 5. The littlest one got super sick and we ended up having to abandon the park and take him to a prompt care. Several hours later, after doctors and naps and dinner, we had the ok from the doctor to get his jammies on, get him comfy in the stroller and head back to MK for a bit of night wandering with the almost 5 year old. Little man fell sound asleep in the stroller and we got to wander Magic Kingdom with our daughter. The weather was gorgeous. We skipped the parade and wound up with almost the entire fantasyland/storybook circus to ourselves. It. Was. Amazing. Our daughter rode Dumbo and Barnstormer back to back to back to back, etc with my husband and I switching back and forth.

I'm a professional photographer and am always watching things through my viewfinder. Strangely enough - we don't have a single photo/video of this night. I don't know if we were so frazzled from our son being sick at Disney World, or just caught up in the magic of it all - but I kind of like that :). Something we will always always remember.

Ok. Ours is really simple. Our middle child was always extremely shy. She would NEVER talk to strangers if they asked questions and never wanted to participate in anything.
On one trip, when she was 4, we were in a store buying some souvenirs and the CM checking us out started asking us some Disney trivia questions. DH, myself and our oldest child were doing great until he asked for the name of the mean bear in Brave and we all blanked.
Our middle child had been clinging to my leg the whole time, not participating or even seeming to care what was going on. Well, apparently she heard us struggling to find an answer and we heard her teeny, tiny little voice speak up and say "Mordu".
The CM didn't even know where the voice had come from since he couldn't see her. He looked down over the counter and asked her again and she answered much to our surprise. He made a huge deal out of her answering correctly and let her pick out a free stuffed animal!!! She was sooooo proud of herself and that was a huge turning point in her shyness. She really started coming out of her shell after that interaction. :)
We still talk about that all of the time.

That is so sweet!

mv
2. DD was 2 on her first trip and she was obsessed with Cinderella. (She wore a Cinderella dress every day for a year at home starting sometime when she was 1 if that tells you anything-- we had a rule that it was only worn in the house and not if we went anywhere). We had seen Cinderella earlier in the week, but it was our last night and right about closing, she suddenly decided she desperately wanted to say goodby to Cinderella before we flew home the next day. She also was unhappy because she had wanted to sing for Cinderella and had been so enamored at meeting her the first time she had forgotten to sing, so she just HAD to see her before we went home. We bolted to Toontown hoping to make it there in time. The CM was closing the rope as we ran up. With DD dressed as Cinderella in DH's arms and my out of breath panicked question "Cinderella, please?", the CM just looked at us, then smiled and waived us through and closed the rope behind us. This was back when Cinderella, Belle, and Sleeping Beauty all met in the same room. There were others ahead of us. Cinderella was first. DD went up to her. She told her she would like to sing for her and stood in front of her with her little hands clasped just below her waist and sang the entire song "A Dream is a Wish" as Cinderella clapped along and giggled and smiled, clearly loving it. Others heard, and quieted down, and the next thing we knew pretty much everyone in the room was listening to DD sing. Another Mom came up to me and told me she had tears in her eyes and it had given her chills it was such a special moment. Cinderella pretty much kept DD to herself until the other guests had finished the Princess rotation as there was no one behind us. After that, DD made the rotation to the other 2 Princesses, and then as we were the only guests still there all three left their posts and came out together to hug DD and talk to her a minute to tell her goodby and to come back to WDW soon!

This is the sweetest story!!!

I have many special moments watching my DD. When she was 3 and was her first time meeting the Stepsisters, she marched right up to them and proceeded to ask them why they are so mean to Cinderella.

During our next visit (2x within a few months) we were seeing Tiana and Naveen. I had noticed it was the same set we had seen previously and when DDs turn came Naveen looked and her and told her that he remembered her and that would never forget her eyes.

This trip (just got home yesterday), we had many moments. Taking DD, now 5 to BBB for the first time, her getting picked as Honorary Princess of the day at Magic Kingdom, a cast member left her post to show us where Lady and the Tramps paw prints are cemented in the ground and she then walked us right into meet Mickey. DD giggling during her first time on BTM and SDMT, dancing with the Stepmother at Parkfare, and Pooh and Tigger spending a ton of time with DD because they loved her Frozen switch doll. Tigger pretended to freeze Pooh and DD gave Pooh a big hug to thaw his frozen heart:) She also saw Epcot fireworks for the first time and as her eyes twinkled and her grin couldn't get any wider, I just watched her little face and cherished every second of it, definitely feeling the magic:)

In 2012 when my son was 4 and obsessed with being a cowboy, we were walking into Pecos Bill in his cowboy costume and he was selected as "Sheriff of the Day!" We hadn't even known there was such a thing! We got a video of him taking the cowboy oath, signing his name and getting a new hat. Then he was paraded around the whole restaurant and they awarded him a certificate with his name on it on the front porch, and clapped. We have the framed certificate and had the photo pass picture made into a dated Christmas ornament.

where is the "like thread" button?

Thanks to everyone who has taken time to write these experiences up.

I can't wait to dig this thread up in December and hopefully have something to share with my family.

So special and thanks to everyone for sharing! When the crowd threads, and negative FP+ threads get you down...
We have lot , the first time seeing the castle, meeting Pluto while holding her stuffed Pluto, but the one I'll share,
First trip DD was 5. She had a Disney character shirt for every day and was WAY into Jessie. We sort of ran into the Jessie and Woody meet by Splash mountain. That day was the Jessie T shirt. When Jessie saw the shirt she made a big deal, showed Woody, sort of did the "she likes me best" thing, Woody got mad, cried, stomped around fell to the ground crying, Jessie had DD give him a kiss and then they all took pics. it went on for about 10 minutes, the whole group was laughing at the impromptu show. One of those you can't plan for and will never happen again! Oh and the incredible picture takes got the whole thing we have about 10 photos! 5 years later that story is one of her favorites

One that sticks out is the one in my avatar. My dd who thought she was too old to dress up. It was her last year to do it she was at cut off age anyway. She didn't want to do but she did it because we brought my MIL with us and she had never been before. So we are at Magic Kingdom and I drag them all over to Epcot to get a picture with her and the Beast. We just missed him but waited until his next appearance which was over an hour. She was seriously annoyed with me. BUT the look on her face when the Beast twirled her around like she was really Belle was so worth the wait.

It was the first night of our very first trip in 2007. The boys were 5 and 7. I had made an ADR for our first dinner at Crystal Palace. When I explained to them where we were going, what we were doing, they were NOT happy. According to my mature little men, they were way too old for Pooh and his friends. That stuff is for babies. Why do we have to go there? Can't we just go to a regular dinner somewhere? I was starting to think I'd made the biggest mistake ever! I was getting crabby because here I was planning everything to be perfect and now they weren't happy and could only complain. Not shaping up to be a magical night!

So we get to CP and check in and find out we have to wait a bit. So we're hanging around outside where there are tables by the windows looking into the restaurant. They're both mumbling and grumbling still. Then the oldest looks through the window and sees it. "There's Pooh!!!!" And the younger one joins in. "And I see Eeeyore too!" "Look, it's Piglet!!" My young men were instantly transformed into magic-believing little kids once again. They were going from window to window to see who was inside. They couldn't contain their excitement! And it just set the tone for what turned out to be a great trip. We thought it would be our one and only trip--we head back for our sixth trip in August!

First trip with DD, came around the lake on the boat from FW and she blurted out, look the castle the castle...

We took our son on the buzz light year ride in tomorrow land. He was like the ride was made for him and buzz. Then as we left the ride, there was Buzz, standing all alone like he had been waiting for us!!!

Our youngest loves Belle. Went to story time with belle and we all go to be in the play. Not to mention it was halloween, she was dressed like bell & I was dressed like the prince.

With my wife, for our wedding anniversary , dinner at cali grill and watching fireworks.

Walking down main street with my entire family and my mom, on Christmas morning at 7:15 am. Personal life dream come true.

This was several years ago, but it's one of my favorite Disney moments. We were on the Family Magic Tour and we got to meet Peter Pan and Wendy (two of my kids' favorite characters). After our meet & greet, everyone on the tour, including PP & Wendy were going to Philharmagic together. As we started walking over, I noticed DD and Wendy had bonded:

586578935106.jpg

They held hands all the way to Philharmagic.

All of the kids on the tour got to sit with PP & Wendy in the front row. DS4 was kind of nervous because it's very loud, and ended up sitting in Wendy's lap for the show. DD said that Wendy took care of DS because she's used to taking care of John & Michael all the time.

There have been so many magical moments.

1. I am a pretty unapologetic planner - it drives my DH nuts. We had done SWW two years ago, and I had us scheduled pretty much to the minute, including being at the turnstiles super early to be among the first in the parks to get to JTA on time and all that. I wasn't sorry about any of it - we got to do and see so many things and it was an awesome few days that our 5 year old loved. Last year, we were going to be passing through Orlando and decided to surprise our son with the Star Wars character lunch at the Sci Fi Drive Thru. We figured we would just get there when we got there, go on Star Tours, meet a character if it was possible, have lunch and go home. We showed up about 45 minutes after the park opened and were strolling in when a CM stopped us and started talking to DS. She said he looked like he was a pretty big Star Wars fan and he said he was and started chatting with her about all manner of Star Wars things. She said he was very polite and sweet and asked if he would liked to march in the Star Wars Motorcade later that day. I could have fallen down in shock. Of course he wanted to and it was the most fantastic thing ever. It was absolutely nothing we could have planned for or made happen through any amount of trying and to see the look on his face, marching with the rest of the Padawans is something I will never forget.

2. DS was probably about 4 and we were vacationing at WDW with my BIL, SIL and nieces and nephews. They have DVC and we were at the Boardwalk. DS is a pretty outgoing child, and for whatever reason, he had it in his head that he had seen Loki over by one of the pools by the Yacht Club. He started talking to the DVC rep in the lobby of the Boardwalk about it. The guy didn't have to pay any attention to this four year old whatsoever, but he was very engaged and interested in the story and we wandered off to have dinner or whatever it was we were doing. On our way back, the same DVC rep was there, and he came hurrying over to us with a piece of paper. He told DS that Captain America had left this note for him: and it was handwritten thank you for informing him about Loki and he had taken care of it and thanks for helping keep the world safe. DS couldn't have been more proud and I confess that maybe I filled up a little. I framed the note and it's hanging in his bedroom.

When my oldest daughter was about 4 years old she was a huge Peter Pan fan. We were sitting watching the night parade at MK (I cant remember which it was at that time). The parade all lit up was magical itself but when Peter Pan, with lights twinkling on his outfit drops to one knee and takes her hand it was time stopping magic for our family. I still remember the awe on her face. He said a couple things to her smiled and went on his way. I wonder if these CMs ever know how much a moment like that can mean. My DH and I were so stunned that out of all the CMs in the parade it was her favorite taking a moment to speak to an awestruck 4 year old that neither of us snapped a picture. DD is 14 now and still loves Disney like she did at 4 and I think this moment plays a huge roll in that. We have had many magical moments since then but this one cemented our love for WDW and the time that CMs take to make it magical.

Mine would be in 2013 when my DS was 3, he was(still is) obsessed with trains and of course, the monorail. His grandparents bought him a toy monorail and he brought a train into the park with him. We were hesitant on waiting an hour to meet Buzz and Woody but I knew DS would be heartbroken if he didn't get to meet them during this trip. So we hopped in line and after waiting for what felt like forever, it was our turn to meet them and the look on DS face was absolutely priceless. He was wearing his favorite Buzz shirt to which Woody pointed out and threw a tantrum because cowboy's are best! Buzz gave DS a high five and danced with him but Woody would not be out done! He had DS hand over one of his trains and got down on the floor to play trains with my DS. The two of them played together while Buzz looked on. It was really the most magical moment and my DS still to this day talks about it.

0d90c6e7-c0d5-478f-84be-3ea3d6f12873_zpswua8heux.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!