Have you ever had anything stolen at Disney World?

Unfortunately I had my Coach sunglasses stolen. Not from my hotel room, but they fell off my head while bending down to help my son at the Tower of Terror gift shop. It was only a minute of two I noticed them gone. I never even left the shop and they were gone. Someone definitely took them. Not sure if it was a CM or just someone in the park. Nonetheless it was still a bummer.

Unfortunately I had my Coach sunglasses stolen. Not from my hotel room, but they fell off my head while bending down to help my son at the Tower of Terror gift shop. It was only a minute of two I noticed them gone. I never even left the shop and they were gone. Someone definitely took them. Not sure if it was a CM or just someone in the park. Nonetheless it was still a bummer.

Definitely a bummer but this seems like more of a lost vs stolen type of thing. My DH has lost more than his fair share of sunglasses this way but we've never considered them stolen. While I'd like to think that someone would pick them up and turn them in - I know I would do that - when he has lost them by them falling off his head or carelessly leaving them behind somewhere we just consider it a loss as opposed to a theft. Either way it's lousy.
We've never had anything stolen while at Disney from our room or otherwise.

In the 80's my aunt and uncle were visiting from South Africa and we took them to Disneyland. While my aunt was on the submarine attraction a woman sitting next to her seemed to be staring. Suddenly she felt very tired and this woman then began to unclasp her expensive gold bracelet and remove it from her wrist. She said she felt absolutely powerless and although she could see what was happening, it was as if she didn't care one bit! Hypnosis? Gypsies? Hmmm......?

When my little sister was about 2/3 years old, we left her hand-knitted blanket in her stroller while we went on a ride. When we came back, the blanket was gone:sad: Poor thing kept asking where her "deekee" was. My aunt ended up knitting her a new one and my parents felt so bad they bought her the biggest stuffed animal at Disney they could find!

I have never had anything stolen from our Disney resort room and either has any of my family. Since my parents are DVC we stay mostly at DVC resorts and the rooms do not get cleaned everyday. We always get a full cleaning and a tidy during our stay. I have only lost my sippy cup when I was really young in the parks while being pushed in a stroller by my Mom and Dad. According to my Mom it was like the end of the world until they got me a new Minnie Mouse sippy cup. Even back in the day when I was little it was all about Minnie. ::MinnieMo

I am wondering if there is a higher incidence of card numbers being stolen since Disney has gone to the RFID systems and people load their credit cards onto their magicbands. I wonder if the numbers can be read off the RFID chip in the band with a reader. It would explain a lot.

I had my E-Cigarette stolen out of my car while it was valet parked at the Beach Club during our Jan. stay. It had to be the valet because of where I left it and because the car was locked he whole time. The company refused to do anything until I threatened to report them to Disney. They sent me a check for the replacement cost. It was one of the specialty ones not the type you buy in a 7-11.

I am wondering if there is a higher incidence of card numbers being stolen since Disney has gone to the RFID systems and people load their credit cards onto their magicbands. I wonder if the numbers can be read off the RFID chip in the band with a reader. It would explain a lot.

Just seems odd that the incidence of credit card crime seems to have jumped. Was just a thought.

I know that information theft in the Orlando Airport is huge. Family members have had their credit card information stolen at the airport. The scanners are everywhere. I use the RFID sleeves for my cards now while traveling. Is it possible that that the theft is happening at the airport to Disney guests? Absolutely. Could it happen in the parks as well? Possibly. The scanners are becoming smaller & smaller and easier to conceal. And security has to process thousands of guests each day. Some may be getting in. But my money is on theft at either the airport or in the busy magical express loading/off loading area and the crowd massing areas in front of the parks before guests even reach the security tables.

The only time we came close to being robbed was at the All Star Music pool. We had a beach bag with our room cards in a zippered pocket. While we were in the pool, I saw a guy go in my bag. I screamed, ran out of the pool, and chased him off. The following year, we bought those plastic card/money holders that you could wear in the pool. I'm so excited about wearing the magic bands. Now they will have to rip my arm off to steal from me. There won't be anything in my beach bag besides towels and sunscreen.

And even if someone steals your magic band, you aren't in danger of losing anything. They have to know your room # to access your room, your finger print is the ticket validation, and you have to have a pin for purchases.

Sounds like you were the victim of your own self. Still sucks.

This still truly sickens me. On our trip in 11/2013 we stayed one night at SS in a 1BDRM to get our trip started. On the morning of check out (which let me remind is just one night) someone came in our room just before 8am. I heard the door and then laid there waiting to here "housekeeping" but never heard anything so I jumped up and came out if the room and they were gone. Fast forward a few hours and we check out and move to where we are staying the rest of the trip and while unpacking I notice the video camera was gone. I called right away hoping we had left in room. Of course they say no. I then proceed to call every lost and found literally across the nation that we may have contacted, not wanting to believe the worst. I knew with every piece of me that I had taken it out of the bag and set on the edge of the kitchen counter when we first arrived, specifically thinking I wouldn't be taking video that first day. I kept calling back to lost and found, reported it to police. Nothing...weeks after we were home I got contacted by Disney loss prevention and I was so hopeful, they said it was odd to have someone come in the room that early on the day of checkout and they would do a key card study, well they did and low and behold the cast member denied seeing or taking it so that was that. They said they are not responsible for "lost" items and dropped it. I could care less about the camera. I am totally responsible for the fact that I had 3 years of video on the hard drive that I had not transferred...so everything in our lives from the time my boys were 2/4 until that day...trips, birthdays, Jedi fun, worst was my recently passed grandma. Sorry for the long rant, I still search the sites once a month hoping for a miracle.

That is awful to have lost all those memories. It gives me chills to think of someone entering your room while you were in it!

I know in my head that there's just as much chance of things being stolen at Disney than anywhere else, but I always felt that Disney is such a magical place and everyone's there to have a good time and never worried about things being taken. I would leave our cameras in the stroller, bags of merchandise that we had just purchased so we didn't have to carry them onto the rides, etc., never had a problem. Until one very, very cold night in Feb at Epcot. It was maybe 40 degrees and people were getting ready for Illuminations. I had DS2 bundled in the stroller with a blanket around him. We decided to go into the Land, so left everything in the stroller - including our bags of souvenirs - in the stroller which at that time was lined up against the walkway into the Land. As we were coming out, it was really dark, but it looked like someone was in the area of our stroller and started walking away, then they started running, at which time I said to DH that I thought that person just took our stroller. So DH started running, but it was dark and he couldn't really see them too well. We finally made it to our abandoned stroller - and surprisingly the only thing missing was the blanket! We told the nearest CM what had happened and they walked us to Mousegears and let us pick out a new blanket - I thought that was really nice. But it did dampen my spirit a bit, and now am much more cautious about leaving valuables in the stroller.

Despite that one bad experience, we've had many good experiences. I (being the forgetful person I am) have left my wallet on both Living with the Land and Dumbo - both times returned without incident. We leave our computer and ipads out in the rooms all the time, as well as change, and have never had a problem. And, in turn, we have found things, including cash on the ground in MK, which we promptly took to guest services. Karma.

Our last trip Nov 2014 staying at CSR we came home to several messages on our home answering machine that my husband's credit card was used in Las Vegas. Over 4K worth of gas station charges, TVs, electronics and other crap. It was all done the week we were at Disney. Now why they never called his cell phone we don't know. He only used that credit card once and that was to pay for the airfare. Everything else was charged to the room and hit another credit card. I don't think Disney was involved, but someone working for the airline I think is to blame as they made charges between the dates we were out of town.
We always lock up all valuables before leaving the room and even don't trust the room safes. We stuff everything in the bottom of our suitcases under dirty clothes and use a suitcase lock and leave suitcases in the closet. Out of sight = out of mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter