Have you done a Split Stay- How did you move your luggage from one Resort to another?

DisDarling

Mouseketeer<br><font color=9966ff>I have yet to co
We are doing the free dining plan this September and thought we would add a day on to our trip. We are just booking our last night at a Value to keep the cost down and still use Magical Express. Can any of you tell me how you moved your luggage from one to another when you DONT have a rental car? Thanks!! :)

Ames

Taxi - it's better than having it moved for you because you have control of where your luggage is at all times.

I take my luggage in a taxi and check in to resort #2. I like knowing my luggage is there already....ready to bring to my room.
Kerri

Disney will move it for you but it's time consuming. I have handed my luggage off to bell services at 7:45 am and had to wait until past 5:30 both times to get my luggage at the next resort. I would also recommend taking a cab, with your luggage, to the next resort. Then, if your room isn't ready yet, you can store it with bell services and head to a park.

I am of the opinion that having Disney move your luggage is THE way to go. Give it to bell services in the morning of your switch, go off to the parks for the day, then return to your new resort to check in. The luggage will be delivered to your new room. Anything essential that you absolutely must have during the day, carry with you.

We do a split every trip and they move your luggage for you. When you check out of your first Resort tell them you are going to the next resort and need the luggage moved there. Then go off and enjoy the day. Your luggage will be there in your room when you get there or the baggage guys will bring it up to you when you get there. We did this in May and it was so smooth. If there are items you MUST have, keep it with you. I keep all my meds and a few other things with me, but they do a great job. We have not had a problem with any trip doing split stays!
Have fun!

We do a split every trip and they move your luggage for you. When you check out of your first Resort tell them you are going to the next resort and need the luggage moved there. Then go off and enjoy the day. Your luggage will be there in your room when you get there or the baggage guys will bring it up to you when you get there. We did this in May and it was so smooth. If there are items you MUST have, keep it with you. I keep all my meds and a few other things with me, but they do a great job. We have not had a problem with any trip doing split stays!
Have fun!

This is probably a stupid question, but do they "tag" your luggage in some fashion? How do they know what is yours and where it is going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter