Have You Been In A Disney Show?

danny1649

<font color=green>Will be wearing some lime green<
Hi fellow Disers,I ask this question from time to time to give Disers going to WDW for first time or have not been in a Disney show some tips that may help them get picked for one if they want.I have been in Super Star TV show which is no longer a attraction at DHS I have been picked 3 times for Indiana Jones Stunt Show I just sit in right hand section down near front and make a lot of noise.Was in Monster Sound Show,Chevy Chase version which is no longer attraction at DHS. Was chosen to be in HDDR skit as Daveys angel.So if you have been chosen to be in show or parade would you please share some of tips that you think helped you be chosen?I am sure those tips would be appreciated by many of our posters. TIA :goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

I have been picked for SuperStar TV in the 3 Stooges segment and got hit in the face with a cream pie and at Indiana Jones and was the extra who was killed. Both of these I guess I just lucked out.

But I have twice been picked to be Grand Marshall of the Magic Kingdom 3:00 parade, once for January 21, 1993 and the other was July 4, 1993. And this is when the parade was Parti Gras and the Grand Marshall's actually were in the first float of the parade (with Roger Rabbit cavorting over our heads on a platform) instead of a vehicle a few minutes before the parade.

No, I have never been in any of the shows, but would like to. Sounds like a lot of fun.

My ds got to be in the Flights of Wonder at the Animal Kingdom. We were sitting way up front and he had 2 hands together folded, begging and we were pointing at him. It was awesome. He is pretty outgoing and not afraid of stuff. This was when he was younger. He also got to be the slime kid at Nickelodeon too by doing the nice begging hands, smiling etc. Guess he is pretty convincing. He loved that too. He would love to be in the Indiana Jones show one day.

Hi fellow Disers,I ask this question from time to time to give Disers going to WDW for first time or have not been in a Disney show some tips that may help them get picked for one if they want.I have been in Super Star TV show which is no longer a attraction at DHS I have been picked 3 times for Indiana Jones Stunt Show I just sit in right hand section down near front and make a lot of noise.Was in Monster Sound Show,Chevy Chase version which is no longer attraction at DHS. Was chosen to be in HDDR skit as Daveys angel.So if you have been chosen to be in show or parade would you please share some of tips that you think helped you be chosen?I am sure those tips would be appreciated by many of our posters. TIA :goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

>>>Im was in SuperStar TV twice(that was such a fun attraction.)I was Ethel in the I Love Lucy Skit and also one of the Singing Rondells on the Ed Sullivan show. Both times were a hoot!!! Just jump up and down, scream, act silly-they'll notice you!

I was in a hula hoop contest in a parade at DHS waaay back in '96. I can't however, recall how I got picked for that, because I'm so shy so I never volunteer for anything. I did come in 2nd place though!

Been in a few, but my favorite was King Arthur. I was picked because I was drinking a yard of beer (which is no longer available
cry.gif
. It was a lot of fun.

DSC01878.jpg
[/IMG]

I have done:
*Captain for Backlot Tour
*Mechanic for Backlot Tour
*Deck Crew for Backlot Tour (only once, though)
*Screamer for Indiana Jones (2x)
*Poser for Indiana Jones
*got to go up on stage at Flights of Wonder, and have a huge bird fly over my head

I was in Super Star TV..... holding the cue cards for the moon landing. Pretty fun, and it made the entire show a totally different experience. They didn't just pull you out of the crowd for your part- you were backstage the entire time... watching from behind the scene. Very fun.

My DH was in Indian Jones on a trip he took with his family just before we met On our honeymoon we were the Deck Crew in the show in the Backlot Tour. That was a blast!!

My DD was picked to be an assistant years ago in one of the "shows" at EPCOT. It was in Japan by the man who did origami. I think she was picked because she was very quiet and in a wheelchair because of a leg injury. DGS wasn't picked by Miyuki after 2 shows but she made him a dragon any way when I asked her if she would be there over the weekend as we were leaving EPCOT. She said she remembered him because he was very nice and polite when people pushed in front of him. My other DD was picked to be in the show at Universal where they simulate an earthquake. She was just an outgoing kid who people noticed. I don't think there is any one thing that gets people picked, it is just being in the right place at the right time and in some circumstances it may just be having good manners.

I was in the SuperStar TV in the I love Lucy chocolate scene. That was a lot of fun! I also was picked to be in one of the "onstage" seats in Millionaire and actually made it into the hotseat (got to 250,000 pt question and quit). Then I was picked while at epcot to do a test for the virtual reality Aladdin Magic Carpet thing that they have at Disney Quest before Disney Quest was built.

I was also picked for the earthquake scene at Universal.

I was part of the Indiana Jones show, jumped up fast and yelled loud when they asked for volunteers.

Had a blast!

I'm not smart enough to say no when people ask me if I want to do something. I wound up as the telephone operator in the backstage tour. I'm gonna tell ya, I was more than wet. I don't think I've ever been wetter, even in the shower. :headache: . I know one thing for sure. If someone asks me if I wanna be in a show, you can doggone bet what the answer is going to be. :laughing:

When I was a kid, I was picked for the bumble bee scene in Honey I Shrunk the kids during the backstage tour, although this segment doesnt exist anymore... No real strategy to pass along, I was 9 so I must have just been cute:rotfl:

I was a deck hand in the Backlot Tour last year.

In 2000, my dad was picked to be a Beat on the Doug Live show at DHS. The next year I was picked to be Quail Kid!!! =)
Last year (2007) my dad and I were on the Backlot Tour. My younger brother wasn't old enough so him and my mom just watched. I was the one in the phone booth and my dad was a deck hand.
Both times I had so much fun! Backlot Tour we were just in the right place at the right time and for Doug...I don't even remember it was so long ago and I was young, like 8 or 9.

Thanks to all for sharing keep the tips coming if you have any to help some of our Disers share in the Magic. Thanks Danny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter