Have we made a mistake??

orangetiggs

Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!
We have booked corondo springs resort for you wedding, we fly over on 28th aug 2008 and we have my parents, DF parents, his sister and husband and his uncle and aunt all staying with us in the same resort.

I'm checking the reviews on tripadvisor and they are all bad! I originally thought about POFQ but I want something with a salon and a sit down restaurant and we could not stretch the budget to a deluxe resort.

Have we made a mistake booking that hotel?? The problem is if we want to change it people would have to pay around$100 each to change hotels through the travel agent as they charge an admin fee to change it.

I'm hoping that the hotel is not that bad and we will be fine but I'm worried as most of our guests have never been to disney and we have only stayed in ASM and wanted something a bit better so we talked everyone into staying there and I dont want it to be horrible for them

I think its terrible that your TA will charge you to change the reservation as Disney doesn't. It would take them 5 mins on the phone. I know....I am a TA!

I have not stayed at Coronado but we did tour it last year as part of a work trip. (Disney brings a bunch of us TA's down for brainwashing!!!LOL). It is a very large resort, and is very spread out, but it is beautiful. I am partial to the POFQ, after staying at many resorts it is probably my favorite. Very small in comparison and intimate, and I enjoy the boat to DTD. I will be staying at Coronado myself in October so I can see first hand how it really is!

I don't think your guests would hate Coronado, especially if they have nothing to compare it to. Its Disney!!! Basically I have been no help at all. But I can tell you this.....if you are regretting it... change it now. As you get closer to the date there will be many other things to stress about, if you can make one less than go for it!

I am a firm believer that you need to take the different reviews with a grain of salt! People are more apt to post when they are upset and have had a bad experience than when they have a great time.

Think about these boards. If someone has a bad hotel experience and they post on the resort board, it will usually end up with several pages of debate on whether or not the hotel is up to par. The thread will stay on the front page for a while.

But, if someone comes in an posts, "Had a great time at CS!" a few people will post and it will usually fall down off the first page fast.

Also, if you are like me, you have some 'deluxe pangs'. I would love to stay at a deluxe for the wedding, but there is just no way that we can swing deluxe and the wedding costs. So, we are staying at all star movies. I have some anxiety about it at times, how silly am I going to look walking through a value resort in a full length wedding dress?? Is there going to be enough room for all of our stuff? and so on... But, in the end, I know we will have a great time, even if there are a few bumps in the road!!!

SR is a great resort! I stayed there last spring, have stayed at POR, POFQ, POLY, and BWI so have some comparisons. It is a really beautiful place. I used the spa and had one of my best massages ever in my life. I enjoyed both the restaurants. The pool is awesome. I found it pretty spread out for my taste, but prettier than POFQ. The staff was friendly and helpful - I asked to change my room when my view was blocked and they were very nice and helpful about it. I think you will love the resort and have a wonderful wedding!

I have not stayed there, but many of my family members have when they took their vacations and they LOVED IT! I booked POFQ for my Honeymoon and they were actually grilling me as to why! They continue to pick that resort everytime they go, and love it. I've seen their pictures, its a beautiful resort, and the big thing I saw complaints on at the resort board was that the walk was long and the little shuttle carts (or whatever they are) were nowhere to be found, however, my aunt said they were all over, and never had a problem finding one or having to walk. I think you made a good choice! :thumbsup2

Don't worry about it.
Generally when I stay Moderate, its either CBR or Coronado. I love both resorts.

The only thing that I've ever had a compliant about is how Coronado only has 1 sink in the bathroom rather than two, but thats only annoying because the last time I was there I was with my mother and well...we both need our own sinks.

Its a beautiful resort especially walking around and the fountains areas. I almost always see some time of wildlife while there - mainly bunnies.

We stayed at CSR on our Honeymoon -- I think the resort was only like 8 months old at the time. LOVED IT. Best 'food court' I've experienced at WDW -- although, personally, it pains me to refer to it as a 'food court'. Everything is prepared fresh in front of your face as you ordered it. Rooms are good sized. We were in the Cabana section -- had a very short walk to the bus stop, and a bit of a longer walk to the main building with the 'food court', sundries shop, lobby, etc. But it was PERFECT!!! a nice leisurely stroll on warm nights, over the bridge, under the stars that were twinkling off the water, it was quite romantic.
I agree with the other post about peoples opinions. For example, there was a year where we stayed at CR. HATED IT. I was disappointed to fly thousands of miles from cold NE, to stay at a resort that was nothing fun, nothing colorful. All cement. I just couldn't get past that. That's not to say that the resort doesn't have decent offerings. Proximimity to MK and monorail access to MK and EPCOT were great, Chef Mickey's is great -- but the cement thing... just blah to me.
Make your own decisions. And aside from that --- just enjoy yourself!!! You'll look back on that experience for the rest of your life. Dont' dwell on the small stuff -- it will all be what you make it out to be.
CONGRATS and best wishes!

CSR is a big convention resort . So many Tripadvisor reports come from those that travel all the time and are most likely not there for Disney. They don't understand the benifit of being on-sight.

We really enjoyed our stay there .We were across the lake from the main building right between the pool and a busstop.. It was a good walk over but not that bad in the larger picture of all the walking you do anyhow.

Find Buzz here on the DIS he has some great info on the resort.

We loved coronado springs when we stayed there! it's a very pretty atmosphere, and I especially loved it at night. The pool there is fantastic too!! I guess the one thing, as someone mentioned, is that it is pretty spread out, but we really didn't mind that. Just something to think about! But don't let the bad reviews get you down because I know a lot of people that love it there :)

We have stayed at the Coronado Springs 2 time and loved each it time....I agree that the grounds are beautiful - there is a nice walking path that goes around the lake - very pleasant at night - also the grounds are spread out so you don't feel like you are packed in when it's crowded...and at WDW that is a unusual thing:woohoo: to find!

Your guests won't be disappointed - they will enjoy!

Hi There,

Please don't stress about CSR...it is beautiful!! My husband and I were at WDW to meet with some of the vendors for our Vow Renewal July 20th-23rd and decided to have lunch at the Pepper Market. It was fantastic!! We toured the grounds and were blown away at the sheer beauty of this place!!

There is an unofficial website coronado_springs.tripod.com , please check it out. There is a gentleman named Buzz who loves this resort so much he has dedicated this website to it.

Good luck!!

Lisa:hug:

I personally have never been but my best friend (who is a super-Disney freak like me) stayed there once when a guys he was dating went to a convention. She went with him and since she lives in Tampa very rarely ever stays in a resort, but she LOVED it. And she is super-picky about hotels. Anytime she does go and stay overnight she stays there which to me is an awesome review! So I say don't sweat it.

One more :thumbsup2 for CSR!! We stayed there in April this year and LOVED it!! There are 4 pools - 3 quiet near the rooms, and one big one with a slide and bar and hot tub in the center of the resort. All were fantastic and in April when the parks were swamped and the resort was fully booked, we rarely even saw many people at CSR because so many were there for conventions. The bus system from there is great - 4 stops just for CSR and hardly ever many people on them b/c of the convention thing. The full service restaurant there has a KILLER all you can eat breakfast. The whole place was very relaxing, very well themed, and a nice break from the crowded parks. We're going back in Sept for free dining, and we would have gone back to CSR but we wanted to keep trying new resorts.

In my opinion, CSR is a great choice and you won't be disappointed!

I'm glad everyone has good things to say about it, I love the fact that it has loads of extras such as the salon and hot tub and the gym.

I can wait now! 13 months to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!