have to brag about the little girl I baby sit for

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by fortheluvofpooh, Jan 20, 2010.

1. fortheluvofpooh

fortheluvofpooh I believe in fairies, I do, I do!!!!!

she ( I will call her K) is 2 1/2 and has speach delays and some fine motor skill issues. But a smile that lights up the room!!!! :lovestruc . So today at lunch she has to answer YES by nodding her head if she wants more food. She did fairly well with this. So I added the sign for "please" to have K use and she wasnt' getting it. Fast forward to later today, the other kiddos asked for M& Ms so we got a bowl out and went around the group and had each of the girls say and sign "more, please, thankyou" , K was the last of the 4 to be able to reach in the bowl and wouldn't you know it!!!! She signed "more please, thankyou" this went on for 10 rounds. I am soooo proud of her. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Desiree1972

Desiree1972 Mouseketeer

What a wonderful gift signing is!

4. MissyDVC

MissyDVC <font color=deeppink>Well, technically, you never

Wonderful!:thumbsup2

5. mom2maggie

mom2maggie DIS Veteran

Awww, WTG for her!! I bet she felt amazing to be able to communicate with you!

6. kbheap

kbheap Mouseketeer

Great accomplishment!

7. Leajess99

Leajess99 DIS Veteran

That is so very wonderful for her. I can so understand how proud you are of her and how great an accomplishment this is for her. Have you ever thought of or tried the signing times DVD?? My DD loved these and learned many signs from them.

8. fortheluvofpooh

thanks all, she was/is so proud of herself, all giggley. She is so sweet. Today we are adding drink to her signing. She hasn't gotten it yet, but will soon. :thumbsup2

9. sweetsusannah

sweetsusannah Mouseketeer

I just want to say that I think you are wonderful. I have kept other children before and it isn't an easy job. I can sense you love this little girl and she and her parents are lucky to have found you. Really, I am mean who brags about other people's children! How wonderful. :thumbsup2

10. fortheluvofpooh

Thank you but I honestly believe that I am the lucky one. I am truely blessed to have this little girl and her sister in my life. They mean alot to me. :)