Have the mugs changed??

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by FantasiaMagic, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FantasiaMagic

FantasiaMagic DIS Veteran

Anyone who has been to the world lately, like this fall - have the mugs changed? When I was there in August they were the ones with the fab 5 (plus daisy) and the tops came in pink blue and black. Are these still here? I'm just wondering! And if anyone has a picture of the new ones I would love to see them

Thanks DISers!!!

~FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

In early October the mugs were the same as LAST October. I haven't heard anything about a change in the past few weeks.

4. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

5. sydneysmom

sydneysmom needing a vacation....soon!

I think I read on another thread that they were changing for 2013.... does anyone know if this is correct ? :confused3

6. lisam427

lisam427 DIS Veteran

we were there in september. the mugs were exactly the same as last year. i am hoping they change the design as wwe have two set of the same mugs.

7. FantasiaMagic

FantasiaMagic DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone!! And this would make sense. Don't they usually change them after a year or so - or when the supplies run out?

Thanks again! - I guess we will just have to wait and see. If anyone knows when the new ones are coming or if they get a new one while at the world I would love to see a picture of one.

~FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

8. Maleficent53

Maleficent53 Have fun storming the castle...

I wish they would go back to resort-specific mugs. My favorite Wilderness Lodge mug has the design almost worn off from repeated washings!

9. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Any new info on the mug tracking chips?

:earsboy: Bill

10. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

All discussions and questions regarding mugs should be on the sticky at the top of the board.

11. Don162

Don162 Earning My Ears

I had a Dixie landings mug forgot i set it on the bed of my truck and ran it over

12. rock_doctor

rock_doctor DIS Veteran

Keep an eye out at your local thrift store. I get them all of the time at mine. Have a nice collection now. Some resorts had some really nice mugs! :)

13. MentalVacation

MentalVacation Mouseketeer

:rotfl2:

you are kidding, right? [paranoid] ;)

14. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

No, they tested chipped mugs last and earlier this year. I was told that Disney was waiting for their billion dollar NextGen project to get further along before deciding on the drink mug issue.

:earsboy: Bill

15. magicaldisney

magicaldisney DIS Veteran

You might have been out of the loop, but yes it's in the works. It was tested at one of the value resorts. I'm wondering if they will start looking at it again once all the door locks have been changed out. One big project at a time.

16. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

Just bought one last week. Still the beach party with Let the memories begin.

Until they actually announce a new theme (the new advertisments seem to be hinting at one) they usually announce the official theme in Jan, and run out of the old mugs there will be no new cups.

17. AntFarm

AntFarm Mouseketeer

I'm also hoping for resort specific refillable mugs for our next trip. Maybe they will feature that new "Limited Time Magic" 2013 theme if they do roll out some new mugs.

18. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Why, given that there's an Official Refillable Mug sticky thread on this forum, are there two additional separate active mug threads? :rotfl:

19. chemnerd09

chemnerd09 Mouseketeer

We miss the resort specific mugs too. I can't see the Caribbean Beach logo on mine anymore.

20. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

Good point. ;)

This thread is closed. You'll find all the mug information, discussion, and photos you could ever want right here on our Refillable Mug FAQ thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.