have some questions

mrsmom

<font color=green>Drinks P.C.'s in the C.C. at P.I
I talked hubby into three nights a disney instead of going to clearwater beach my question is now our friends are staying off site and they have a child will they be able to come visit us at our resort and will the child be able to swim and rental the water crafts as my child does or will they have to have some sort of resort pass, we already buought hopper passes not through the hotel.
How olds for renting watercrafts my oldest will be 16 in August. will she be able to drive them?
Thanks !!!!
Mrsmom
allstar resort Dec95'
Holiday Inn sunspree Oct 98'
Westgate lakes Sept 2000
hotel royal plaza Feb 2001
Wyndham palace and spa Sept 2001
don't know whic resorts yet?? June 2002
and westgate lakes 2002

I think you have to be 14 to drive the watersprites. I have rented from the poly when I was not staying onsite. It was no problem. This was more than 10 years ago so I'm not sure if they have changed their policy.

The age may be 12 for driving the water mouse, but younger kids can ride with a parent - I have read that on these boards. Renting is no problem even for off-site guests, but the pools are only for those staying on Disney property or for DVC members staying on points. You are not allowed to invite other guests over. Some of the resorts actually come around and check for resort IDs.

Hello,

Here are some answers to your queries:

1 - Yes, your friends will be able to visit you at your resort, and if they go with you from the room to the pool, and someone in the party has a room ID, should not have a problem with swimming with you. If they went to the pool by themselves, there is the chance they could be asked for resort ID, and denied access.

2 - Off property guests can also rent watercraft, but they will have to leave some sort of ID, such as a drivers license, at the rental stand. They might also be charged a deposit, but I'm not sure.

3 - Your 16 year old will be allowed to drive her own boat. My 14 year old was allowed to drive her own water sprite this past fall at the Polynesian.

Hope that helps,

Take care,

Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter