have questions concerning upcoming trip?

dianna-tn

Mouseketeer
Our family of 4 will be staying at OKW in a 1 br. I read in the member book that each room has 4 towels and 2 bathcloths. Is this true? If so, I need to pack some extra towels and bathcloths.
I know that I could wash or rent extra towels but I would rather not. Also, what would happen if our family took a backpack into MK and had sandwiches pack to stay cool? Would security say anything about this. This is our first trip home since we bought in 2000. I would appreciate any answers from you expert folks.

I can't say for sure about the backpack. You will only get four towels and will have a W/D. You can also get an extra towel pack from DVC for $6. They will change out your towels on Trash and Towel day, usually day 4 if 7 days or less. If you get the extra towel pack, you need to make sure they change out those too as they don't automatically do so.

In a 1 bedroom, you usually get two bath towels and two hand towels and two wash cloths in the part of the bath that has the shower and toilet and vanity. In the jacuzzi part of the bath room, there will be two more bath towels and usually two more wash cloths and one hand towel as well as a bath mat. We have always had plenty of towels, and we usually hang them to dry and use them twice. We usually throw the towels in the washer when we go out to the parks after the second use. When we come back to the room for our break, we throw them in the dryer. It is really easy, and after two more uses, you get fresh ones on trash and towel day.

Originally posted by dianna-tn
Also, what would happen if our family took a backpack into MK and had sandwiches pack to stay cool? Would security say anything about this.

Pack the sandwiches so they are clearly visible (don't wrap them in foil).

Disney would obviously prefer that guests dine on their $4.95 turkey legs, but my experience is that they look the other way.

I agrre with Crobin we were there three weeks ago packed plenty of snacks ie( friutrollups poptarts and some sandwiches security said nothing to us .

This is one of my pet peeves :) - in a one bedroom you get four bath towels, only TWO hand towels & four wash clothes. I do not understand why we do not get four hand towels (washing machine or no washing machine) especially if there are more than two people. Oh well ...

We have been packing lunches in a napsack and have never had a problem. The last time was this past Christmas after they added extra security. They went thru the bag and never said a word.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter