Have never done online check-in...does it cancel out room requests?

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I have never used online check-in at WDW before. I just never saw the need to because the lines are not that very long even during peak seasons when I typically travel. I'm staying at SSR next week and would like to try Congress Park. If I do online check-in don't they give you an option to put a room request in? Would it defeat the purpose of doing it online if I did this?

We did online check-in for our stay at SSR last October. I'm not sure of all the choices, but there was one for location, and floor, and a few others. We requested a higher floor in the Springs - and we got exactly what we requested - the Springs on the top floor !
However, in August 2011 we did online check-in and didn't get the area we requested.

We put in our room request for SSR when we booked (Congress Park, facing DTD) and then did the online check in. Wound up in a different section altogether with a parking lot view. I don't think doing the online check in made any difference though.

anytime we have did online check in we have always gotten our request so we will be doing the same thing this year. I dont know mabey by letting them do it a bit earlier it gives them time to look for your request? just guessing...lol either way the past 5 times weve done it and always gotten what we asked for so...yeah...I would check in online...definitly the way to go. Have a great vacation:)

No it definitely does not cancel any room requests. All you are doing is pre registering so your paperwork is already printed out and KTTWs printed with each guests name.

I have always done online check-in since it became available. I always make my requests when I make the reservation. Usually I have gotten my request, but not always. Twice I got nice upgrades.

There was a place on the online check in page for general requests, like ground floor, etc. I haven't seen specific buildings listed or an open line for listing requests of your own.

I do not think that online check-in helps or hurts your chances of getting a request. But if you really want a certain kind of room, and will ask them to move you if you don't get your request, I would wait and check-in upon arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter