Have fun storming the castle! A Feb. 2010 PTR - Mods I can be closed now!

A note concerning TOT - is she afraid of heights or thrill rides? TOT is absolutely terrifying for someone who has a fear of thrill rides. I was literally shaking when we walked off - could not get money out of my wallet to pay for the photo because my hands were shaking so bad!! Now I do the walk through with family and friends, but take the chicken elevator down while everyone else rides and then meet them at the photos.

So, if she is really afraid, just have her go along right up to the elevators, then tell a CM she has changed her mind and they will take her down on a regular elevator.

Sorry to go on so, but I hate to see anyone forced on an attraction if they are fearful.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

You know, I shouldn't have said I was making her - I would never make someone go on a ride they didn't want to go on. She's not afraid of heights or thrill rides (I'm actually not great with heights), but she was worried that it would hurt her neck. She doesn't have neck or back problems, she just doesn't like to have her head whipped back. Good to know about the "chicken elevator" though in case that does happen when we get there!:thumbsup2

Cool! Maybe we can meet up somewhere!

My husband just totally redid the binder cover for me.:love: I gave him the castle picture and the text and he did the rest (and considering how goofy he finds my planning and this whole trip, I am so appreciative!) :cloud9:

Here it is:

cinderellas_castle_cover.jpg

Wow looks great! Michelle is hand drawing the cover for ours. I need to go dig it out and take a picture.

I, too, am at DHS on Tuesday. I have an ADR at Brown Derby at 11:30am that day. I'm not staying long I'll probably leave right after my lunch, but I'd be willing to stick around if we were going to do a mini-meet:thumbsup2

You have to hang around, we won't get there until after lunch at Yak and Yeti.

We will probably be there all day so I am open to whatever. Sounds fun!:)

I'm in too. Also I don't do RRC, but Dennis, Danielle and Michelle do. Maybe you could pair up with them. I love me some TOT!

I'm in too. Also I don't do RRC, but Dennis, Danielle and Michelle do. Maybe you could pair up with them. I love me some TOT!

I haven't decided whether I want to ride RRC or not. If I do, I probably shouldn't ride with Danielle as I think I spent the whole ride last time saying "oh sh*t." :laughing: I usually laugh hysterically on thrill rides so I have no idea why that happened.

The laughing is my sister's fault, when we were kids and would ride together she didn't like me screaming so told me to laugh whenever I wanted to scream. To this day I cannot stop laughing when I am on a ride. I almost hyperventilate from laughing so hard.

When we get closer we will definitely have to finalize a time and place to meet - it will be fun! :goodvibes

Woo-hoo we paid off our trip! :cool1: The balance wasn't due yet but we both decided we would rather pay it now than right after Christmas.

I seem to have a need to tell people about paying off trips to Disney - I told my whole class in second grade during show and tell! I don't remember it, but I do remember getting in trouble from my mom. :confused3

I don't remember much about that trip really. I remember River Country had just opened. I remember we drove from Michigan and stayed in our pop-up camper both on the way and at Disney. (We did that everywhere back then though!) I remember we had ticket books so you could only ride so many rides. I remember 20,000 leagues under the sea broke while we were on it, so we got another ticket, and my sister and I voted to use it on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride instead of 20,000 leagues. And I remember I almost knocked my dad's bridge out on space mountain.

There, my first trip report. :laughing: My computer at home is on the fritz so I haven't been here much. And can't download and play with RideMax yet. :headache: So I'm going to start looking at menus and figuring out how much I think I will spend on food so I have it set aside in advance (or see if it would be cheaper to do the DDP - I can't imagine it will be, but worth checking).:teacher:

I think when the trip is paid off, it just seems more real.

Thanks for the mini, mini TR of your 1st visit. :thumbsup2

I have RideMax downloaded, but haven't looked at it yet either.

Okay just for the record I have not abandoned my report...but our home computer isn't working and it's hard for me to update from work. Heck, I can't plan without the computer anyway so it's not like I have anything to update! :rotfl:

Just in case someone was out there wondering...I am hoping the computer will be fixed by this weekend, it's driving me nuts to see the trip getting closer and closer and not be able to plan anything!

Okay just for the record I have not abandoned my report...but our home computer isn't working and it's hard for me to update from work. Heck, I can't plan without the computer anyway so it's not like I have anything to update! :rotfl:

Just in case someone was out there wondering...I am hoping the computer will be fixed by this weekend, it's driving me nuts to see the trip getting closer and closer and not be able to plan anything!

Tell your DH to get on it! You have important updates to do;)

Okay, computer is fixed so I'm hoping to be able to post an update tonight.

I got my free maps from Disney - I don't think they're useful, but they're cute - I'll give them to Donna Sue after the trip. I also downloaded the eticket app for my iphone but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

I really need to work on a food budget and finish the binder...okay, I don't *need* to, but that's next on my list of things to do!

In other news, I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping...just need to wrap things. I also need to put out my Christmas village. Our condo is very un-Christmasy this year. We decided not to put up the tree because the condo is on the market and it looks too small with a tree in the living room. But now I'm having a hard time feeling festive. Maybe I'll go find a small tree (has to be fake though, I'm allergic to pine trees).

I think you should put up a miniture tree. They have the cutest stuff for small trees. Can you tell I like miniture stuff?

Okay, computer is fixed so I'm hoping to be able to post an update tonight.

First off, just realized I hadn't stopped to say hi on your PTR yet, so HI!
Yay for getting the computer fixed. Mine needs some help too. I know what the problem is. My BF knows what the problem is. But has he fixed it yet? Nope. He says tomorrow he will. We'll see :sad2:

I got my free maps from Disney - I don't think they're useful, but they're cute

I ordered them too ages ago. Mainly because I just wanted to be able to say I had custom maps. :rolleyes:

I think you should put up a miniture tree. They have the cutest stuff for small trees. Can you tell I like miniture stuff?

I think this is the way I'm leaning. Just have to figure out where to put it! My DH used to have a miniature tree before we lived together, but I don't know where it is. Probably in one of our two storage units, I guess!

First off, just realized I hadn't stopped to say hi on your PTR yet, so HI!
Yay for getting the computer fixed. Mine needs some help too. I know what the problem is. My BF knows what the problem is. But has he fixed it yet? Nope. He says tomorrow he will. We'll see :sad2:
I ordered them too ages ago. Mainly because I just wanted to be able to say I had custom maps. :rolleyes:

Yes, that was the issue with mine too - had to wait for DH to fix it/call someone/whatever. Sometimes they're handy to have around and sometimes it would be a lot faster if they would just let you hire someone to do it already!

The maps are cute, especially since we don't know our way around. I think we'll bring them with the binder but just leave them in the room.

No update last night - tv marathon of the biggest loser and last week's glee and top chef. Soon though! Tonight we are going to see New Moon. popcorn::

Hey there Texas sista! Jumping on board. :goodvibes I have only read the first page and part of the next......I've got some reading to get to! ;)
Sounds like a great trip!

Hey there Texas sista! Jumping on board. :goodvibes I have only read the first page and part of the next......I've got some reading to get to! ;)
Sounds like a great trip!

Hi Camille my Texas sista! Thanks for joining in and :welcome:

Now our monitor is going out. :mad: This computer is TWO years old people! And why is it that men always say you're wrong when something is broken but they didn't see it? Me: I went to print something on the computer, and now it looks like the monitor is going out. DH: The monitor's not going out. Me: Well, it has all lines across the top quarter and no picture, and I didn't touch the settings, so I restarted the computer but it did the same thing. DH: You don't know anything about computers, I don't know why you insist on saying something is broken when you don't know. Me: But you haven't even gone upstairs and looked at it yet! :confused3

5 minutes later, after he goes upstairs...DH: Wow, I can't believe that monitor is going out after only 2 years, good thing it is still under warranty. Me: Yeah, who knew? :rolleyes:

I love him with all my heart but jeeze! I did go to law school, let's assume I have elementary powers of observation at least. :rotfl:

Hi Camille my Texas sista! Thanks for joining in and :welcome:

Now our monitor is going out. :mad: This computer is TWO years old people! And why is it that men always say you're wrong when something is broken but they didn't see it? Me: I went to print something on the computer, and now it looks like the monitor is going out. DH: The monitor's not going out. Me: Well, it has all lines across the top quarter and no picture, and I didn't touch the settings, so I restarted the computer but it did the same thing. DH: You don't know anything about computers, I don't know why you insist on saying something is broken when you don't know. Me: But you haven't even gone upstairs and looked at it yet! :confused3

5 minutes later, after he goes upstairs...DH: Wow, I can't believe that monitor is going out after only 2 years, good thing it is still under warranty. Me: Yeah, who knew? :rolleyes:

I love him with all my heart but jeeze! I did go to law school, let's assume I have elementary powers of observation at least. :rotfl:

I apologize for him. Does that count? I'm a man at least...;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter