Have a Christmas rant? This is the place for you!

My rant is about people that feel the need to tell others all about the "reason for the season". The reason for the season is different for everybody and there's nothing wrong with that. You celebrate your way and let others celebrate their way and let it be.

Christmas for all in my life is about the kids and the excitement of Santa, being with people you love, having a great time together, exchanging gifts showing you care with some great gags in there too, having a great meal and just overall having a great family day. That's what it is for us so that is how we celebrate. Everybody else should celebrate in a way that is meaningful to them and stop worrying about others.

Love it! I've actually been told before that I shouldn't even celebrate Christmas since I'm an atheist. :furious:

Love it! I've actually been told before that I shouldn't even celebrate Christmas since I'm an atheist. :furious:

Um......what? Guess FH and I are doomed...he's atheist and I'm agnostic. No way am I giving up Christmas though! It's more than just religion nowadays, Christmas is so commercialized...

Not really a rant, but I wish my husband didn't have to work so he could come to California with me to visit our daughter. We don't celebrate Christmas per se, but we do see it as time to spend with family. Time is so fleeting and missed opportunities to be with loved ones makes me a little sad.

Oh, please, can you post a photo of Santa Alien! I don't think I have ever seen one of those before!

Another Christmas rant...;)
All 3 of my dkids took a pic, and it took one of them this long to send it to me so I could post it here!
aliensanta.jpg

Oh my goodness, the pic is sooo big..sorry!

What really irritates me is this: People who are invited to Christmas parties and actually attend, only to stand around and mope and declare how much they hate Christmas parties. Uh...then why did you come to it? Go away and stop spoiling it for everyone else. Even worse, I guess, are the ones who don't declare their aversion, but sigh and mope in a clear bid for attention. Go home. I'm trying to have fun here. For the record, I'm not much for parties, but if I go to one, I want to have fun, not participate in group therapy with Debbie Downer.

Not really a rant but I wish there was just more time and everything didn't all happen on the same days. Not in the start earlier sense but just that days lasted a little longer. Not realistic, I know.

I have multiple events on many of the nights between now and Christmas. Often they are not close enough to really hit more than one. Birthday parties on the same evening as Christmas parties. Different social groups having parties on the same night. Having a group of friends put together a dinner on the same night another group wants to go see A Christmas Carol at Playhouse Square. Stuff like that. My calendar has something on it every day in December.

Outside of that I love this time of year so much even the little annoyances get swallowed up by the friends and family and events and everything else.

Have you ever heard Twisted Christmas's "There's Something up the Chimney"? Try googling it and you might find out where the smell is coming from.....:crazy2:

I had forgotten all about this song. I used to love it! Just you-tubed it and had a good giggle.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't think the smell is anything as exciting as that, most likely just someone's dirty socks shoved under a couch cushion (oh, the joy of living with little boys)

My Christmas rant is Christmas parties that are pot-luck and no one labels their dish with ingredients or even vegan etc. I have allergies and end up having only plain meat and veggies from the crudities because those are the only things I know are safe.
Also parties at church that say no children and are right after church. What do you do with the kids?

And who goes to a church party (or throws a church party) with no kids??? I'm always really careful with food allergies, when we do pot lucks I always have something that lists foods allergies, probably because 2 of my best friends have them.

My rant is really just feeling sad at the fact that I am not buying a single present for ds18. He's graduating in January (4 months early) and going to boot camp for the Marines in February. So he asked for cash, which makes sense since he can't take anything to boot camp etc.

But when I wrapped up dd's presents and put them under the tree, it really made me sad. I am proud of him for going into the Marines, but I am sad he's growin up and away from me and the fact that Christmas morning will consist of me giving him some cash. I intend to wrap it in a box but not buying him anything seems kind of blah to me.

I also think just knowing that he's leaving in less than two months is hitting home to be big time.

A co worker has a son who is two and she is so excited buying him gifts and seeing his excitement regading the tree and decorations.

It sure goes fast.:sad:

Last year DD16 (then 15) said all she wanted for Christmas was iTunes gift cards and fuzzy socks....so I bought her iTunes gift cards and wrapped them IN socks. LOL She laughed with every pair of socks she opened. :) Maybe you can do that with your DS money, and please, give him our best and tell him we appreciate what he does for us. :)

I would like to announce that I have resolved my Christmas rant! :banana: I called my brother today to invite them over Christmas morning for brunch and asked if they wanted to exchange gifts, he agreed that he'd rather not! Yeah pressure is gone, Christmas is saved! :goodvibes Good luck to everyone.

:thumbsup2:cool1:

Ok, after 16 years, my DH has NEVER helped me pick out a gift for him mother. She is so hard to shop for. I don't think he even knows what we've ever given her. I asked him, this year, to PLEASE handle this gift or at least pick something out. Well, Im dont shopping. Guess which gift is still missing? Ugh.... I'm going to have to take care of it, aren't I?

I would remind him again and again and again and again......LOL

Another Christmas rant...;)
All 3 of my dkids took a pic, and it took one of them this long to send it to me so I could post it here!
aliensanta.jpg

Oh my goodness, the pic is sooo big..sorry!

OMG that is soooooooooooooooooooo CUTE!!!! :)

That Alien Santa is even creepier than Elf on a Shelf! :laughing:

:We can't afford Christmas gifts! :sad1: I don't want to ear what everyone else is doing for Christmas. I don't want to hear how DH's boss just got to go to Disneyland while we are struggling to pay bills and groceries! :furious: I am thankful that we have grandparents who love to buy our kids toys. I am just praying the toys the boys want are in stock right before Christmas. :sad2:

Many Christmas hugs to you--I know just how you feel. This has been a horrible year for us financially and now 10 weeks from dh paying off his 18 wheeler, the thing catches on FIRE!! But thank God, Dh wasn't hurt. I have been talking to every creditor we have trying to change things here and there to free up a bit of money for gifts.

It going to be a tight, tight Christmas for us but I think we will all appreciate what we have and each other a little more.

Many Christmas hugs to you--I know just how you feel. This has been a horrible year for us financially and now 10 weeks from dh paying off his 18 wheeler, the thing catches on FIRE!! But thank God, Dh wasn't hurt. I have been talking to every creditor we have trying to change things here and there to free up a bit of money for gifts.

It going to be a tight, tight Christmas for us but I think we will all appreciate what we have and each other a little more.

Wow, glad he's OK! That had to be the best Christmas present of all.

Is there such a thing as a pre-rant, rant? :rotfl2:

Just got an email - my family (who I see once a year on Christmas for locations reasons) is having Christmas the same day as my husband's family. Both families changed their parties from the non-traditional days they are typically held.

We'll have to miss one... and it's not going to go over well with the in-laws that we are even considering not going to their Christmas :sad2:

Waiting for the backlash tonight. Family Christmas pictures tomorrow should be fun :rolleyes:

This isn't so much a rant as just a downer. My dh was diagnosed with Stage 3b colon cancer on December 9th and will probably be starting chemo around Christmas eve or the day after Christmas. Really having a very hard timing wanting anything to do with Christmas. If it wasn't for 11yr old dd I would be yanking down the tree, the outdoor decorations and everything. He is understably depressed and I gotta be the strong one.

This isn't so much a rant as just a downer. My dh was diagnosed with Stage 3b colon cancer on December 9th and will probably be starting chemo around Christmas eve or the day after Christmas. Really having a very hard timing wanting anything to do with Christmas. If it wasn't for 11yr old dd I would be yanking down the tree, the outdoor decorations and everything. He is understably depressed and I gotta be the strong one.

:hug: I am so sorry to hear this.

Oh, I am so sorry! :grouphug:

I am so sorry you and he are going through all this

Amy&Dan said:
My rant is really just feeling sad at the fact that I am not buying a single present for ds18. He's graduating in January (4 months early) and going to boot camp for the Marines in February. So he asked for cash, which makes sense since he can't take anything to boot camp etc.

But when I wrapped up dd's presents and put them under the tree, it really made me sad. I am proud of him for going into the Marines, but I am sad he's growin up and away from me and the fact that Christmas morning will consist of me giving him some cash. I intend to wrap it in a box but not buying him anything seems kind of blah to me.

I also think just knowing that he's leaving in less than two months is hitting home to be big time.

A co worker has a son who is two and she is so excited buying him gifts and seeing his excitement regading the tree and decorations.

It sure goes fast.:sad:

Also, there are clever ways to fold money or clever ways to present it-singles all taped together End to end and coming out of a tissue box. Google it or look on Pinterest for ideas.

Could you make a box of munchies and maybe movie passes so he can spend some time with friends before he leaves? Gift certs to something fun he can do with friends?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter