Hauling golf cart

2totsmom

Earning My Ears
does anyone know if you can haul a golf cart in the back of a long bed pick up truck, Will it Fit? We are pulling a travel trailer down to the fort in January and found a place to rent a golf cart pretty cheep here in town and want to haul it down, but not sure if it will fit or if it will be safe to haul it this way
Any feedback would be appreciated

Should fit in a long bed pickup. Just make sure you have good ramps and be very careful loading and unloading it.

You should have at least a 3/4 ton to stay within your towing rates.

a normal golf cart will fit. but, a lifted one may not. we bought a lifted one and brought it home in the back of our long bed. but, the first time they put it in the bed it was a tad too long for the tailgate to close.

so, being the ingenoius men that they are, they took it out and set a wood pallet under it. that lifted the back end up enough to raise the rails (on the back of the cart) over the tailgate.

wasn't a problem then.

Carts will fit in short bed trucks without a tailgate so a long bed will be NO problem unless you are over your weight rating don't forget your talking about adding aproximately 1000 lbs depending on the cart (elect or gas)plus if you have a 2 seater or 4 the back step may stick out but with a long bed truck shouldn't be a problem

Here is a pic if this helps you. This my 1 ton truck with a 8 foot bed. The cart has a 7" lift on it with 22x11x10 tires on it. The tailgate is closed but the rear footrest is removable.

HPIM1422.jpg
[/IMG]

Just noticed I don't even have the rear seat on there yet.

We,,as does Michael,,, also haul our buggy in the rear bed of truck. We have a 2500, long bed,,we take the tailgate off, put the buggy in the bed and strap the buggy in,,,and then haul our TT,,no problem.:thumbsup2

Here is a picture of how we transport our golf cart. It's been transported from Georgia to Missouri and home through the Ozark Mountains and have never had any problems.
DSCN0747.jpg

does anyone know if you can haul a golf cart in the back of a long bed pick up truck, Will it Fit? We are pulling a travel trailer down to the fort in January and found a place to rent a golf cart pretty cheep here in town and want to haul it down, but not sure if it will fit or if it will be safe to haul it this way
Any feedback would be appreciated

WE just got back from the fort with our golf cart in the back of my GMC2500 extended cab short bed PU with a 33 ft TT. This is the 6th time we've made this trip with the golf cart in the truck with no problem s at all. We are 750 miles away and it takes some doing to get it ready and be safe. First thing I did was put airbags on my truck to counter the extra weight of the cart in the truck, I run them at about 50 lbs in the bags which cost about $150 on E-bay and took about 20 mins to install in my driveway. I have to leave my tailgate off and I put a winch in the cart so I don't have to drive it up (chicken) and I got ramps that are good for 1000 lbs each and they ride under the cart when its loaded. Just don't skimp on equipment or do anything halfway or you could get yourself in trouble. I hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!