Has the quality of Disney's TV programming declined?

It seems like today's programming is distancing itself from the actual parks. They used to show what was new in the parks during commercial breaks and even had short Mickey cartoon clips. They had shows based on Disney movies like Timon and Pumba, Ariel, House of Mouse, Lilo and Stitch, Rescue Rangers, etc.

Now, there really isn't much of a semblance of classic Disney in any Disney channel shows.

Not a fan of the recent shows on Disney Channel. The quality has gone out the window. And why doeS EVERY Disney Channel star need to sing? Stick to the acting and maybe the shows would be better!

MinnieMeaghan said:
Not a fan of the recent shows on Disney Channel. The quality has gone out the window. And why doeS EVERY Disney Channel star need to sing? Stick to the acting and maybe the shows would be better!

I think its the culture that has changed disney is trying to create stars like the did with raven, hannah etc. So they can profit from cds, concerts & concert movies. I mean look what happened to toon disney which i used to love to watch old cartoons on

I'm 17 now but I grew up watching Disney Channel, in two different eras. I remember being obsessed with Lizzie McGuire (who can't forget the Lizzie McGuire Movie? That convinced me to go to Rome haha!), Even Stevens, Sister, Sister, and That's So Raven. There were also SO many good DCOM movies back then, like Luck of the Irish, Hocus Pocus, Smart House, ect.

Then when I was in my pre-teen age, Hannah Montana premiered and I also became a huge fan. The period of shows like HM, Wizards, Suite Life of Zach & Cody and even Sonny With A Chance was the last time Disney Channel was good, in my opinion. But those shows are now long gone. I can't even STAND to hear Austin & Ally in the background when my brother watches. Shake It Up has weak writing and acting, Ant Farm/Jessie is boring, Austin & Ally is just cringe-worthy. Good-Luck Charlie is the last show on DC right now that still is a bit watchable to me, but I don't see that show lasting as long as Wizards or Hannah did. Charlie is eventually going to grow up anyway.

I can see it now...Ducktales, ..., Rescue Rangers, ...
I'm 36 and I believe I'd be stuck in front of the TV for those! lol

My Mom and I only my nephew watch Disney Jr. and P&F as he loves Perry, once those are off, we switch to PBS Kids.

We also feel all the other shows are garbage. They all seem to be self absorbed tweenie/teenie boppers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!