Has it really been 7 years?

padalyn

Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't
Wow - I realized last night while I was at work that it has been 7 years since 9-11-01.

In 2001 I was up most of the night doing homework for my nursing program.
Last night - I was up most of the night doing homework for my nursing program.

In 2001 I was working at the Hackensack based truck.
Last night - I was working at the Hackensack based truck.

In 2001 - it was a busy night with quite a few "sad" calls
Last night - we pronounced 2 people deceased and lost another in the ED - a "sad" night.

So, this morning when I got home - I went to bed hoping that my phone would not ring the way it did 7 years ago. I guess the wounds are finally healing.

7 years ago, my phone rang and I was called into NYC to go to ground Zero for 14 hours to help the victims of the attacks. Unfortunately, there were few victims - mostly we helped the folks trying to find the victims.

May all the souls lost 7 years ago rest in peace, may the memories of the pain slowly fade, and may the world be a safer place for all of us.

Please don't forget all of the EMS workers that lost their lives that day. The number is staggering - over 1000. We are the forgotten third service and few people realize how many were lost from my profession that day. The numbers are often rolled into the fire dept or police dept numbers.

My unit lost one paramedic, and NJ lost 3 - none are counted since all were with the Port Authority PD.

Has it really been 7 years.

Thank you for what you did, and for what you now do. :hug:

Thanks...I was just trying to vent some of the angst that I get every year around this time. It was a bizarre day - sad - yet in many ways powerful. EMS was the star of the day and it felt nice to be recognized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter