• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has DVC announced the Contemporary?

gchiker

Can't get enough of the Mouse
I only check the boards occasionally. And the last time I looked, DVC had not announced the Contemporary Resort as having a DVC under construction. However, I noticed in Birnbaum's 2008 guidebook, it lists the Contemporay as a DVC resort. What gives? Is it official? And when can we expect Hawaii to go on sale?

I was there a couple of weeks ago and a CM had said when asked by one of the people boarding the monorail "Disney has announced nothing officially, as of right now all I can say is that this is an enhancement to the current resort" - not exactly those words, but close to it. I had said that I read an article that it was going to be a DVC, and he answered that outside sources are reporting and printing this, but currently nothing official has come from Disney.

DVC has not "officially" announced the upcoming Kingdom Towers at the Contemporary but they are coming. The written documentation and permits have been uncovered and announced to the public by a local news station. I spoke with a DVC employee in January and the official announcement will come between July and September. Due to confidentiality issues, I cannot name the employee involved. We haven't heard when sales will begin but I would guess sometime late this year or early next. The construction will be complete in late 2009.

I don't think Disney has even officially acknowledged that there is a building there, much less that it will be DVC.

I don't think Disney has even officially acknowledged that there is a building there, much less that it will be DVC.

I thought that they did announce that it was being built. Wait till they start selling it there. I know 3 people who are drooling just waiting to buy.

:rotfl2:

Good one! and no, they did not announce anything about the building where the north wing used to be...

I thought that they did announce that it was being built. Wait till they start selling it there. I know 3 people who are drooling just waiting to buy.

You think they're drooling now! Wait till they see what it's gonna cost. ;) IMHO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter