Has anyone used the gift baskets or decorations?

HappyLawyer

DIS Veteran/ OLCC Owner who's Mouse'n Down The Hou
I was trying to think of ways to make the cruise more exciting for my family, i thought of the gift items or the decoration theme, has anyone used these how did they work out

We have used the gifts and been the receipients of decorations as well. I often send something to my family for each cruise. I have used Disney's and The Perfect Gift. On our recent second honeymoon voyage, I sent my wife the romance basket, very nice! We have also recived bottles of Asti from our TA and on our September cruise, friends send us the Bon Voyage Package, with the cake and decorations, it was way cool. We saved a couple of the decorations, they are up in our home office with the rest of our Disney stuff.

It is really fun and exciting to either have something special waiting for you or being delivered to your state room on sailing day. We have also sent gifts to other friends on Disney cruises. Always worked great.

We just did the birthday and bon voyage decorations. I made a gift basket for my nephew and my 2 DGD. It just adds a little touch of magic to the cruise

We did Happy Anniversary decorations for our parents on our October 2003 cruise. I agree that it adds a touch of magic! It started the cruise off right and made my mom smile!

For those of you who have done the decorations....
...are you able to take them home with you at the end of your cruise?
The banner, centerpiece, etc?

Shirley,
It will be our son's 19th birthday the day we get on the
ship in CALIFORNIA - we need you on the west coast
this summer - I want to make it special for him - do you
have any contacts? Thanks, Lucy

We did the birethday decorations through Disney and they really were not worth what they charged for it! You got one little banner over the bed..this thing that hangs from the ceiling and a small cake. I guess you could take them home but we didn't bother, you could buy them in the 99cents store here. We would not do the decorations through Disney again but the baskets that Shirley does are wonderful, I plan on using her again this April for another basket for my daughter and mom. My friend had flowers sent to her on the ship through Shirley and they were beautiful too.

I ordered anniversary decorations as a surprise for my DH and was very pleased. We received a delicious cake with the decorations and our 9 year-old DD was very excited. I plan to 'surprise' him again when we do the Thanksgiving cruise. I think it was 30.00 - 35.00? Very well worth it for the surprised looks on their faces. :teeth:

just an update i called DCL last week they do not offer the anniversary decorations anymore i went with the bon vogage. i also didn't know you can pick the day you want the decorations to be put in your room. the lady i spoke with was very nice and seemed very sorry for not having the decorations that i wanted---my anniversary is feb 14-- she stated not to worry that Disney would do something very special.

We have had the decorations..it was excellent, they were hung we we arrived in our cabin that day.

We didn't have a gift basket, but we had the champagne/dessert delivered as well. Again, excellent, we all set up when we arrived at the cabin.

Yes we brought home ALL the decorations and in fact are using for this weekends Birthday Party witht he family.

Who do order these decorations from?

I am interested in ordering anniversary decorations -
what do they consist of?

how about the bon voyage one - what do they consist of?

After a number of phone calls and a number of checking out places that I believe will not only be honest, but fair with you cruisers - I have settled on several - I left their information at work BUT will post it tonight so you can call and speak with them - NOW IF YOU FEEL they are not saying what they said to me, call me and i will get it straighten out -
I am sad that I will not have the cruisers of the Magic to speak to for quite a while - it isn't the orders as much as it is the enjoyment of hearing from so many from so many states and country - its really been a sincere pleasure.
This is nothing against the Wonder for there are awesome folks that travel on her also - i don't get to discuss my hometown of Key West with anyone - the good, the bad and the ugly :grouphug:
Anyhow will post later.
Hugssssssssssss from me to you and have a GREAT AND WARM WEEKEND - its lousy here today
always
Shirley

Glad to hear that someone ordered the champagne and petit four gift as wish to do this for our cruise but think I will have Asti for my two daughters also as this is sweeter.

I ordered the Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, petit fours, (I dont even know what a petit four is!) and thought it would just make it so much more special when we walk into the stateroom! The folks at DCL were super nice, and reminded me there are shops onboard that will deliver to my stateroom if I wanted.

Can't Wait!!!

That is the package I am hoping to order and petit fours here are little chocolate covered biscuits etc,
Would love to hear from you after the cruise before I order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter