Has anyone used Mears for this?

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Bluer101, May 7, 2013.

1. Bluer101

Bluer101 Waiting till vacation comes, oh that's next week!

I found out that Mears has a bus from Universal to Bush Gardens round trip for free with paid admission. Has anyone used it. It says pickup location is at the bus drop off by valet to the parks. We might use it this summer. It would be easy to walk over from RPR and catch a free ride, no gas or parking fee.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. snoopboop

snoopboop Mouseketeer

Yes - we used the Mears shuttle to Busch Gardens last November. It was great! Very convenient. :thumbsup2

4. Dismamx2

Dismamx2 Mouseketeer

Hi, we used this last June and it's all good :)

We stayed at RPR and it was a nice stroll across to the taxi/bus parking. I'm almost sure the bus was at 8:30am, we arrived about 10/15 minutes before the time and the bus was there waiting almost full. A few more people came along and got on and when the bus was full the bus driver told the next lot of people to wait a few minutes and another bus would be along to collect them. I think the next bus would pick up at other stops after Universal. Our bus left at the time it advertised for and as our bus was full we went straight to Busch Gardens with no other pick-ups or stops.

We were given a ticket each by our bus driver for the return journey, he told us where to find the bus. Again I'm a little unsure of the time, I think it was about 7pm. Quick trip on the way back, again with no stops.
    HTH :)

5. Bluer101

Great, how do they know you have a paid ticket to the park? On the site it has you reserve seats so I guess that is good. We drive our car to RPR but instead of driving over I figured this would be better money wise and I don't have to drive.

6. Dismamx2

Dismamx2 Mouseketeer

We never got asked about our tickets!!

7. Best Aunt

Best Aunt "That's the best-est present ever!"

How long did it take to get there?

8. joshstamp

joshstamp Mouseketeer

Used this in September, it's very easy to use, only asked for a name as we got on the bus. Bus ride takes roughly an hour to get there and picks up at about 5:30 in the evening, definitely worth using :thumbsup2

9. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

this sounds better than the paid shuttle as you didn't have any stops long the way.

10. Bluer101

Thanks everyone, looks like its a deal. :thumbsup2

11. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

::yes::

12. Bluer101

Depending on how many sign up there could be ip to 3 stops. But if they are filled then straight to BG.