Has anyone tried this?

TheZue

DIS Veteran
We are making a webpage for our trip so our relatives can keep updated about what we are doing without us having to phone them all. That and we are going for my son's fourth birthday and we thought it would be a fun way for them to wish him happy birthday. Has anyone done this? If so how did it work out and do you have any tips?

I have done that, I used www.geocities.com to make the website, took the laptop and digital camera with us and uploaded pictures each night.

I've done "live" trip reports on a web site, and also have uploaded pictures daily to an on-line photo album (KodakGallery.com). The on-line photo album I found to be way easier...and I can just use the "Photo title" feature on each photo to talk about not only what's in the photo, but other things that we've been doing. But "a picture is worth a thousand words" and all of that, so those seem to be a lot more fun for people at home than the "live" trip reports, even when I include photos in the trip report.

Laura

Don't know if anyone over here is a Mac user, but we Mac folks have a GREAT option in a program called iWeb. It's part of the iLife suite and is SUPER DUPER quick and easy! DH has a website set up for us and it's got a photo gallery, blog, and some other stuff I can't remember now (need...coffee...now!). It is so easy even **I** managed to post a note to the blog last week AND added a photo! Me! :rotfl: Every page has a place for comments--so family and friends can say things like "Happy Birthday!" and "Wish I was there, too!" and "I'm an idiot to have said no to this trip!" ;)

The site is hosted by .Mac. If you want more info, here is a link. I can't tell from there if hosting is entirely for Mac users or not, but if you are interested and a Windows user, you might check on compatibility. I'm not the geek in the family (OK, not the senior geek--that's DH). :teeth:

Sounds like a great idea! Have a great time!

mk

TheZue said:
We are making a webpage for our trip so our relatives can keep updated about what we are doing without us having to phone them all. That and we are going for my son's fourth birthday and we thought it would be a fun way for them to wish him happy birthday. Has anyone done this? If so how did it work out and do you have any tips?

Too bad they can't ALL be there. The only LONG distance b-day greeting I can remember is when Frank's parents wished him a HAPPY B-DAY. (sorry it's late,some of you might figure it out).

But in the mean time,"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPORT" and happy UN-birthday too. :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter