Has anyone stayed at Mickeys World Condo at Windsor Hills

tami82

DIS Veteran
The title says it all, just wondering how these were, there is a #1 and #2.

we didnt stay there but my girlfriend and her family who went with us did. This was december 2008.

Their home was beautiful and they had no problems at all renting or with the home. It is also really close to the pool and main gate.

any questions let me know and I will try and answer them

I've stayed in #1 twice and loved it both times. Do a search, I've posted about our experiences.

thanks very much!
It has been years since i have been to Disney, if driving by car, how long would it take between traveling the two miles and actually getting inside Magic Kingdom. My husband said someone told him it took around 2 hours before they actually got in the park (not sure if this was true or he was just saying this or maybe it was a bad time to go) we are going the last week of August (24th on)

I would say 20 minutes max from driveway to parking spot at TTC. The only way it could take you 2 hours would be if you went right at park opening and there were massive lines waiting to get on the monorail or ferry over to MK.

We always went super early and were one of the first folk at rope drop. No problems at all.

I would also say that "touring efficiently" makes a huge difference is the enjoyment level of a trip. It's critical for us because we're their during the busiest time of the year.

If you show up at the most crowded park of the day at the most crowded time of the day, it will affect your experience. Their are good books like the unofficial guide to WDW and excellent websites. I subscribe every year to Tourguide Mike to plan for our trip. Best 20 dollars and change I spend during the whole trip!

We've stayed in WH before and love it, I'm just trying to decide on a TH now. Thought we'd try something different from last time and Mickeys World is one of the considerations. My concern is where the table is placed in the living room. Its rather large and looks to take up a lot of space. I thinks it's the same in both, but we are looking at #1. Anyone who's stayed here before have any problems with the table placement and size? The place we stayed at last time had a smaller table in the corner of the living room.

TIA!!:goodvibes

We've stayed in WH before and love it, I'm just trying to decide on a TH now. Thought we'd try something different from last time and Mickeys World is one of the considerations. My concern is where the table is placed in the living room. Its rather large and looks to take up a lot of space. I thinks it's the same in both, but we are looking at #1. Anyone who's stayed here before have any problems with the table placement and size? The place we stayed at last time had a smaller table in the corner of the living room.

TIA!!:goodvibes

Yes the table is large but the TV which is also large is up on the wall so there is no TV unit to take up space.
The lounge suite is very big too but very comfortable.

If you are taking a laptop the bigger table is very useful so you can set up at one end.

Our home "ascot house" had a smaller round table that seated 4 but we did have the Tv unit (also game console and dvd player)

Check that out too. It was less than 10 homes from the pool etc and comes highly reccomended by myself as does mickeys world(friends stayed here at same time as us)

What we've done when we've stay at Mickey's World 1 is gently put the two wall side chairs in the hall closet. Then we've moved the table against the wall. It free's up a lot of space and makes the room feel much more open. You end up with a nice wide walkway between the table and the carpet.

What we've done when we've stay at Mickey's World 1 is gently put the two wall side chairs in the hall closet. Then we've moved the table against the wall. It free's up a lot of space and makes the room feel much more open. You end up with a nice wide walkway between the table and the carpet.

Great idea!!:thumbsup2 Thanks!!

Kaseyoz: Thanks for your input as well!! I think we're going with Mickeys World!!:cool1:

I also just noticed your childrens ages adn hence the reason for your post regarding space.

I am not sure if you know this or not but a lot of the homes have kids stuff there as well, so check that out.

Ascot House had a foldup cot, highchair, stroller, large esky AND a pool fence (think fences are on all of them though)
So check what is in your home too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter