has anyone started Christmas shopping?

I bought a ton 25+ toys for dd after Christmas at Target at 75% off! She just had a Birthday and I used some for that, but I STILL HAVE 75-90% of her Christmas done! (Thanks Target!):rotfl: Ds is at an age that I can't buy a lot early, but I always shop the Toys R Us video game sale during the summer! :rotfl: I also bought a bunch of gifts from Yankee Candle last year after christmas at 75% off for baskets, etc.! I also had a coupon and bought a lot of stuff at Bath & Body Works last week mostly for Christmas! I am now officially on the hunt for some great sales to put back for Christmas! :rotfl: I am also thinking of forgoing traditional stockings this year and doing a candy buffet and letting everyone fill their own stocking with their own favorites!

I have an 18gallon Rubbermaid Tote that I buy stuff all year long and toss it in... I use it for baby gifts (have 3 pregnant friends and one TTC right now) and birthday gifts, too.

It's mostly all small stuff ( I try to buy for everyone that shows up at the family christmas dinner) and then a few months before Christmas I make a list of who I want to give a gift too, dig through the tote to see if anything will match up and then I've got a list of who I still need to buy for.

Works out quite well... a lot of that stuff I get for cheap, cheap, cheap and it's always nicer that its spread out throughout the year.

I do the exact same thing. I started it this past January when Target had 75% off sales and have been filling it up all year. It comes in handy when the kids have a bday party to go to or something like that. DD's teacher was pregant at the end of the year and dd wanted to get her something...we didn't really have the funds at the time but I didn't have to worry because I had things in the tote. :cool1:

I just saw someone mention on the target thread that there is a $5 coupon for a game PICTUREKA at www.coupons.com.

They said the game is less than $7 so I am definitely going to check that out. Our schools and my husbands work usualyy has a toys for tots drive around the holidays and I can always add these games to that drive.

This game is for 6 and up so if you have small kids......check it out. I don't know anything about the game or how its played.

Pictureka is a great game! We have it and we love it!!!

No.

A few "perfect" or "too cheap to pass up" things have jumped into my cart and are waiting in the gift basket.

But, the family doesn't make a decision on who is buying for who until at least Aug. One year I'd bought for my neices and nephews and SIL says after Thanksgiving "this year we want to draw one name per person."

So, it's too early for actively shopping yet.

I've found so many great deals at all the stores that I already have all the stockings filled for Christmas (DD's,Dh's and DM's)! :rotfl: My DD is 18 so it's harder to shop ahead then when she was little but I've found a few things at great prices that I've picked up. I use "My Points" and I am putting away all the gift cards I get to use for Christmas too!

i like to shop the after Christmas sales too. i bought a lot of holiday themed stuff last year for stocking stuffers, small gifts for friends, etc. i have purchased only a couple things for dd. i used to do a lot of shopping ahead of time but what i found is that i still spent a lot close to Christmas so i overspent my budget. our family has cut way back on what we spend on each other, except for the kids. last year there were such good sales closer to Christmas that it worked out to wait until a couple months out. i still do all my shopping before december 1st, though. i hate the mall crowds at the holidays!

No but I need to, just hoping for some bonus money.I am doing mostly gift cards this year, my kids are older. I think I will do the one with little trees and the cards attached. I do have my christmas cards all designed, I just have to order them. Waiting for a general code for ****terfly.

I have eliminated all buying other than my two kids, my husband, and my mother. I won't even think about shopping before November.

I have about 30 people to shop for -- I have started collecting stocking stuffers.

My first great finds were in the dollar spot at Michael's.

It seems so early.........but..........I'll be glad I started early later on this fall.

Oh yes! I always start early! At the after Christmas sales!!!

I've got stuff put back but minimal stuff as I know come closer to Christmas I'll want to get them some stuff and they'll have firmer wish lists. Things like pet shops and star wars figures I can get now when I see them on a good sale and they will still be wanted by Christmas. Other things I worry about the kids out growing them before the holiday as it's happened before.

I also ordered some video games for the Wii that I'm putting back for either b-day or Christmas.

I do have some of the craft stuff that the kids will make for Christmas. I try to have the kids make something each year for the g-parents but it's getting harder and harder to come up with creative ideas so I try to grab things when I'm inspired.

My family only does consumable gifts. Doesn't have to be food but it can't be just stuff either. I do GCs or mag subscriptions, things like that so I'll wait on those until I decide what would be good for them.

No matter what it's going to be a light Christmas as we leave for WDW on NYE and I know the kids would prefer to get some stuff there.

I sure have. With three kids, I can't afforn not to. My DH made me a Christmas closet under the stairs in our basement. There is a lock and everything. The older girls are harder to shop early for, but there are ways to do it. I don't charge anything, ever, so this is a easy way to do this. I keep a list and price paid in by blackberry so I can also keep track of how much I spend. It is so easy to go overboard when you buy early. You do forget how much you have already spent and just keep buying. I will wrap everything I can in October so I can enjoy more of my Christmas Vacation!

I have done a few things on artscow.com

Since we went to Disney in March, I have taken some of the best pictures and made ornaments, facecloths and picture books.

They have different specials all the time so I just wait for something that appeals to me ( I will only do the free shipping ones)

I also bought a few things at BBW recent sale that will be put aside for gifts.

I am more open to early shoping than I used to be... I don't know why. As long as I think it's definitely something that will be liked, I am for it!

I wish I could shop early like the rest of y'all. My kids changed their mind it seems every month on what they like! LOL! I think I will definitely use the coupon & get Pictureka!
Thanks so much!:thumbsup2

No.

:faint:

But I only have eight people to buy for now so it isn't hard. And three of those eight are usually a family gift.

Yes. I bought t-shirts for my nephews for their birthdays & Christmas at Steve & Barrys when they went out of business. I also found some cute reusable bags for my adult nieces at Dillards & lots of stuff for my kids.
I still need stocking stuffers for my FIL but I figure I have time.

I bought some cute little bags at the Coach Outlet and pillows w/ their names on it.
The problem I have w/shoping early is I still have stuff in my closet from last year, because I over did it..

Can anyone tell me where Pictureka is on sale this wk?

Thanks

No, but I only have 5 people to buy for and my kids are older, so no toys for them.

I have about 30 people to shop for -- I have started collecting stocking stuffers.

My first great finds were in the dollar spot at Michael's.

It seems so early.........but..........I'll be glad I started early later on this fall.

I hear ya...I have a lot to buy for too. I didn't start but I will soon!!!!

I have started planning. For my kids, I'm getting 1 big toy each and then little stocking stuffers. My DD4 is getting the Chrissa doll once QVC sells her in July, along with some clothes. Not sure about DS3, maybe a really nice animal / farm set. My DD4's b-day is in Nov., so I am mostly done with shopping for her. I'm also probably going to get them 1 set of PJs each.

Last year, I ended up getting lots of presents on QVC, as I work there as well as shop there, and my discount makes things a great deal sometimes. Not sure about DH yet, or anyone else for that matter.

Wow! Do you know that qvc will be selling AG dolls in July? Last year I got Mia from them and it was an awesome set/value! DD already has Chrissa but I was waiting to see if they were doing more shows this year before buying Kit for Christmas for my dd. I do a LOT of xmas shopping from QVC every year....they have great stuff! Any info would be appreciated!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter