Has anyone rented a car on St. Thomas?

Castlepixie

Mouseketeer
I would like to rent with Budget on St. Thomas but would like to know if anyone has done this. Does DCL dock at Havensight and if so, is the Budget rental store within walking distance? Thanks for your help!

Castlepixie, we rented from Budget during our 1 week stay in the USVI in April 2004. Although we picked up our car at the airport (STT), their location at Havensight would be very convenient, since that is where DCL docks. One other plus you get by renting from Budget is that they are the only car rental agency that allows you to take their vehicles on the ferry to St. John. It is easy to drive on St. Thomas just remember to keep left (you will be in a left hand drive car too so that makes it a bit trickier). The roads are windy and hilly so be careful. Where do you plan on going when you get your car? Let me know and I might be able to help you with some recommendations, having stayed on St. Thomas and visited their several times on DCL.

Goofydadeo

Thanks so much for replying! We want to drive around the island to see it's beauty and also visit Trunk Bay. If you could give me any tips on where to begin that would be terrific. Which ferry do you take to St. John?

First and foremost, get an early start, especially if you are going to St. John. The St. John car ferry leaves from Red Hook, about a 20 minute drive from Havensight, then a 25 min ferry ride. Just ask the Budget folks for a map and times. You could spend your entire day on St. John so plan accordingly. I would suggest you stop at Trunk or Cinnamon Bay. Also a trip to the Sugar Mill ruins are nice. Once you're back on St. Thomas go to Coki Beach/Coral World and then on to Magens Bay and back over the mountains to Charlotte Amalie. There are plenty of breath taking views along the northern shore of St. Thomas. Here is a link for the ferry schedule:

Ferry Schedule

Have fun!

Goofydadeo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter