Has Anyone Made ADR's Under A Grand Gathering Before?

mcr5298

DIS Veteran
We have a group of 12 going the second week of December. There will be 6 adults and 6 children (all over 3 years old) The 180 day mark is coming up soon and I wanted to see if we could make reservations as a grand gathering group. We made our reservations on our own through our DVC points. I didn't know if you had to book a package through Disney to use the dining option.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

You can still make ADR's. When you call the dining line they ask you if you have more then x in your party push #x. This is how I made all of ours for 11 people.

Just about every time we go we are a Grand Gathering, lol, so yes, I have done this tons of times. You call the 407-wdw-plan number and that will put you through to Grand Gatherings, they will be able to make all of your dining arrangements for you.

For groups of 10 or more you can call the group dining number 1-407-939-7707, you can also just call the regular number and they can patch you through

Hi
Reverse your number and that is how many people I have made ADRs for our GG before - 21! :grouphug:
Be prepared with the ages of the children in your group as they ask when you make your ressies (at least they did in 2007).
Also, try to get your ressies for early breakfast or dinners as it is quicker to be seated when you enter a practically empty restaurant - otherwise it sometimes takes a few extra minutes if you go at busy times (not terribly long, but maybe 15 min wait).
Enjoy - GG dinners are a great time to sit down and relax with family & friends after running all over the parks all day.

and found the booking of the ADR's to be very difficult. Had I to do it again, I probably would transfer my reservation over to Dreams Unlimited and let them help. The large parties are just difficult to plan.

(and I am in no way affiliated with Dreams Unlimited - just impressed with their service)

Good Luck!

We always have at least 8 and up to 13 people on our ADRs. I always call the regular WDW dining number like everyone else. The only restaurant I had to go through group dining is Flying Fish everything else - Jiko, Yachtsmen, Brown Derby, Princess Breakfast etc I've used the regular number. The only thing we had to go through Grand Gathering was for the Tony's Grand Gathering Breakfast which has been a hassel both times we've set it up.

Yes, you can make your reservations as a Grand Gathering. We are going this time as a Grand Gathering, and had absolutely no problems making them. Disney does a great job of helping you out with such a large party. Have fun!

When I was making HDDR reservations for 8, I was transferred from the WDW-dine # to group dining reservations.

We had no problem using the normal phone # and getting our seating all together. We were however, calling on the exact number of days out that we were allowed to call and make them. But we had no problems, even for CRT. Good luck!

Thanks for your advice everyone! :)

We've gone down with these two families a couple of years ago and booked together and had little problems. But I didn't know if it was easier doing it through grand gatherings. We were told that we would probaly be at two separate tables, but never had a problem sitting together. Infact, we were a party of 8 at times and were able to add the other family of 4 and make it a party of 12. I'm hoping that we have as much luck in December! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter