• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone made a short-stay II ressie yet?

WolfpackFan

Retired and loving every minute of it!!
Has anyone made a short-stay II ressie yet? If so, how did it go? When the feature first appeared, there were lots and lots of matches showing up but it seems lately everytime I go and do a search I can't find anything.

Has anyone made a short-stay II ressie yet? If so, how did it go? When the feature first appeared, there were lots and lots of matches showing up but it seems lately everytime I go and do a search I can't find anything.

I thought it was just me, WolfpackFan.

I tried to tell everyone not to get excited about this coming feature. It was obvious it couldn't be something overly useful given II's current set up and options, yet they underwhelmed even me.

As I noted previously, it looks like they've set it up so that the inventory for 30 days is only for weeks where the entire week available must be over by the 30 day mark. This surprises me because II usually uses the day of arrival as the cutoff. Say you were looking on 29 April and wanted to Travel 24-28 May, you wouldn't be able to do so because the WEEK would extend over the 30 day mark even though your dates do not. Remember they're using fixed weeks to accommodate these matches so you MUST think in terms of the underlying fixed week, not simply your travel dates. Most fixed weeks start on a Fri, Sat or Sun so that's how you'd count it. That premise also has application as to what weeks might satisfy a given request because a full week that starts on Sunday won't help if you want to arrive on Sat and I'm betting they won't combine two different weeks available to make it work.

This is just my observations, not any official or even direct word from DVC, so take it for what it's worth.

When it "first" came out, I was able to pull up Williamsburg for Dec 19-22 and got a couple of locations. Also Scottsdale, AZ.

I figured DVC'ers went nuts and booked them or II's system was acting up yet again.

I have been able to see those Williamsburg resorts on the regular II system for exchange in that timeframe. Don't know if they are pulling the inventory from exchanges or getaways. You know way more about II than I do, Dean.

When it "first" came out, I was able to pull up Williamsburg for Dec 19-22 and got a couple of locations. Also Scottsdale, AZ.

I figured DVC'ers went nuts and booked them or II's system was acting up yet again.

I have been able to see those Williamsburg resorts on the regular II system for exchange in that timeframe. Don't know if they are pulling the inventory from exchanges or getaways. You know way more about II than I do, Dean.
I'm thinking it was a glitch just like there were times when the DVC II resort list returned the entire II list of resorts. Or that if you search by state it shows you the locations where II has options even if they are not on the DVC list.

Unfortunately you can't search by resort code or name, at least not right now. In the past, more specific searches with II such as for specific resorts by codes, has tended to return options that were not shown on an area search.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter