Has anyone had a problem getting a non-smoking room?

Flyerfan

Hockey lovin' OLTL addict with a deep desire for D
I believe I requested a NS room when I made ressies (calling tomorrow to check), but is it possible for them to screw up and give me a smoking room? Can I change it at check-in if they do? Sorry, I am so OCD over this because I definitely can't handle the smoke and don't want my vacation ruined.

I totally understand the "need" for a non-smoking room. So far, we've been lucky and always been placed in non-smoking (and we always check in after 10pm). If you are really concerned, I would suggest calling the resort directly a day or two before you leave and telling them that this is really important to you.

I always request a non-smoking room when I make our ressies and I have never had a problem.

I have always gotten a non smoking room. I let the CM know that I have very bad allergies, especially to smoke, and I can not stay in a room that smells like smoke. If you are really concerned, call and let them know you have to have it for medical reasons. In another thread about smoking, someone made the point that second hand smoke is dangerous, so we all have a medical reason not to be in a smoking room :thumbsup2

Back when I used to smoke, I had trouble GETTING a smoking room, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)

Some of the resorts have more trouble than others, you didn't mention which Disney resort you are at. Obviously they all try very, very hard to provide NS when it is requested.

Definitely call before your trip and nicely stress medical reasons and then try to check in to the resort as early as you can, it may help you get what you want (NS) than those who check in later. I am happy some people checking in late have not been given a smoking room but I have been in a few of the lobbies (sorry to name names, but especially at Y/BC) and there have been some very sad guests with nowhere else to go late at night.

I have always gotten a non smoking rooms in a dozen plus trips to WDW. My daughter has asthma, so I mention it's for medical reasons and they put that on the request. It still isn't guarenteed, but I really think it helps.

Also, when you are checking in, be sure to ask then. They will try to move you if for some reason youu haven't gotten a NS room.

If I can add to this question, what happens if you requested non-smoking due to medical reasons and yet when you arrive there are only smoking rooms available? Would they be able to move you to a different resort in order to get a non-smoking room? I am very sensitive and I absolutely can not be in a smoking room. I would be devastated and wouldn't know what I'd do. It would ruin the whole trip for me. I'd probably end up in my car that night otherwise. I have the request in but we are driving and have no idea when we will arrive. :(

We have always been able to get a non-smoking room. Although once the previous guest had been smoking in the non-smoking room, which slightly annoyed us.

I only had a problem once when we stayed at Port Orleans. I went to the front desk, and they were able to give us a non-smoking room without any hassles (we didn't realize it was smoking until we went into the room and it absolutely reeked of stale cigarettes..)

:thumbsup2 I have asthma like CoolDisneyCat's daughter and have asked for a non-smoking room as cigarette smoke is one of my triggers. Last trip I had no problem at POR. I noticed on this ressie, CSR has the request with "asthma" right on the confirmation sheet. I believe that they are very good at trying to fill that need.

Good Luck

The only problem we have ever had was when we stayed at SSR opening night. Someone thought that since nobody had ever smoked in the room, that we would be fine. They didnt take into account the chain smokers puffing smoke under the adjoining door....BLECK! It took a midnight temper tantrum and giving up our nice view, but they found a room for us.

I couldnt get a smoking room most times when I did smoke. Since I have quit I too have become OCD about the smell. I have never had a problem in my last 4 visits. I am sure it will work out. Not many of the rooms are smoking.

I think Disney tries to only have about 10% or fewer of their rooms smoking optional. Of course, when the resorts are full that can mean someone is going to be stuck in there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter