Has anyone flown into JAX (Jacksonville) and driven down to PC?

If you don't mind the three hour drive might as well price flights out of palm beach (2:15 minute drive) or fort lauderdale (3:15 minute drive), maybe they will be cheaper. We live a few minutes from fort lauderdale airport and it is always the cheapest.

From NY flights to MCO are always cheaper than PBI or FLL--believe me I've looked! We have a home in Vero Beach and our favorite airport is MLB, but since they have so few flights it is often hard to get a good price. We have gotten a few good prices into PBI.

I think for us, the fact that we can get direct flights to MCO keeps the price a bit lower. FLL, PBI, and even JAX require a plane change. For a while we had direct flights available to FLL but they went away as quickly as they started and we never had the chance to take one.

For some reason we can get last-minute (a month or less) cheapest into JAX even with the connection.

OP--you should look for flights into PBI or FLL as the PP mentioned. They too are super easy drives straight up 95.

I live in Northeast Jacksonville (near airport). It is about a 180 miles to the port and can get there in 3 hours. It is easy (but boring) drive down I-95 to the port.
Our friends from VA drove down this summer, spent the night at our house and we drove the port the next day. No issues.

We drive down from NJ to Disney for the past 3 years. Once we drove straight through, never again. Next we stopped and stayed over in Jacksonville and stayed at the Sheraton which was about 5 min drive from St. John's Town Center which is an awesome area with lots of shops and well-known restaurants like Cheesecake Factory, Maggiano's, etc. Last year we stayed at Homewood Suites by Hilton which is actually IN St. John's Town Center so that was perfect- we could park and then walk to dinner, stroll the shops, and really relax for the night without any more driving. We are staying there again this year before driving to the port in the AM. Its a little over $100/night with taxes but that gets you a "suite" with a separate bedroom area, a living area with pull out sofa, and kitchen. Plus, as I said it has much nicer restaurants than the typical rest stop chains near cheaper hotels. If you are looking for a step up, I highly recommend the St. John's area and this hotel in particular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter