Has anyone ever visited the Skywalk at the Grand Canyon

Tink3815

DIS Veteran
We are planning a vist to Las Vegas at the end of March. Would like to see the Grand Canyon as we are close and have never been there. Would love any input on people who have been there. Trip advisor reviews are both negative and positive. We are renting a car so getting there is not an issue.
Thanks

It's an absolute MUST! We had been to Vegas twice before but didn't make the journey to the Canyon until last year. Can't believe we put it off for so long, it's AMAZING!!

We weren't driving so did a tour but the journey wasn't too bad - ghetto bus (which let in dust galore... you literally had to cover your face!) for the last 30 or so minutes of the journey aside. Quick stop at Hoover Dam on your way too which is interesting.

Although amazing, I did have a couple of gripes about the Canyon... The conservation is not run very well in my opinion. Not very well sign-posted, staff not very helpful and nowhere near enough covered seating and seating in general - especially when it's boiling hot and you just want 5 minutes out of the sun! The Skywalk is great (if not a little scary!) but the building doesn't seem to be finished. Or at least it wasn't when we went last September. We encountered half-built walls, loose wires and filthy floors. At least have it behind work walls!

Overall, it's well worth it though! Have a great trip!! :thumbsup2

My parents took my dd and nephew last August to the Grand Canyon. They did the skywalk and were pretty disappointed. They said the drive to it was not fun (bumpy dirt road) & it was expensive ($75 per person). They did end up with some good pictures.

The Skywalk was about $35-40 for 1 person to go out on it and you can not even take your own camera out onto it - they put you through a metal detector to make sure you are carrying nothing out there with you.

The tribe members that work on it will gladly take your picture - for $$$, with their camera's.

I found it to be very overrated and not worth the money.

There are plenty of other spots where you can get close to the edge and get better views of the canyon.

You guys found it to be overated, not worth the money and not organized, cause you guys didn't visit the REAL Grand Canyon.

If making a trip to the Grand Canyon, you want to go the either the South or North Rim, in the Grand Canyon National Park!!!

Rent a car from Vegas, stay overnight and experience the REAL GCNP!!!

Not people trying to sell you things, make you pay extra, not fake glass bridges, but the REAL NATURAL BEAUTY of what is the Grand Canyon. All you pay is the National Park fee of $25 [I think] per car.

I did not say that I thought the Grand Canyon was overrated and not worth the money. Just the skywalk.

If I were to recommend a way to see the grand canyon it would be how my family visited it.

We flew in an 8 seater plane from Sedona, when we landed at the Grand Canyon airport we then hopped on a helicopter and took it into the bottom of the canyon where we got onto a boat and toured the Colorado River and learned about the canyon.

They then took us back up to the airport where our pilot was waiting for us and then he hiked us around and was there to answer any questions and take pictures.

Great way to see the Grand Canyon but also very expensive - but it was worth every penny we spent.

We are going to attempt to walk the canyon one of these years - south rim to north rim! Can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter