Has anyone ever used DVC pnts to go to DLP?

MrsJobba1

Dvc owner at BWV & SSR
Hi,

We have always used our DVC membership to go to WDW. However sitting here this weekend in the rain my dh are getting serous disney withdrawl symptons. Our next trip is not planned until 2009 !

We are considering trying to go to DLP in Aug for my birthday -

I have looked at the DVC points charts and we have enough points to go to 3 out the 4 of the hotels. But it mentioned you need to buy park tickets.

Also does anyone know if DVC membership gets any discouts-
IS there anything like the Disney dining plan?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks -
:goodvibes

We have stayed at DLRP using DVC points and will be doing so again in July. We are taking another family with us and all 7 of us had to purchase length of stay passes. We have decided to make the most of it and for our last day spend the night in Calais.

We are staying at Sequoia Lodge this time.

I would definately much rather use my point in this way as we can't get out to WDW for a couple of years and renting is such hastle!!!

Susan

On the discount front we went in March this year and no-one seemed to instantly recognise the DVC member card, then when they checked the answer was no. This was in a couple of shops in Disney Village we didn't try in any of the restaurants. They seemed to have a list of discount cards ( a printed sheet with pics on) and it wasn't on there. Seems a bit of a shame, with the Euro/Pound exchange rate a discount would have been nice :confused3

Yes, we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in January on points. It was wonderful being able to stay there as I have never been able to justify paying cash to stay there before.
We were going to get annual passes but were unable to do so as we needed to purchase length of stay passes for everyone (as per the new rules)and it seemed a waste not to use them. Also now all DLRP bookings through DVC are subject to a $95.00 booking fee. I managed to book before this came in to operation.
I say go for it!! I would do it again if there was a year when I couldn't go to WDW. I need my regular Disney fix!!
Discount wise, I found the same as the above poster - didn't seem to recognise it at all.:confused:
Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter