1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Has anyone ever rented a home from "Amazing Disney Homes"?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by msim, Mar 21, 2010.

1. msim

msim <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

They have some beautiful homes with beautiful prices. They have good reviews on Trip Advisor, but I am soliciting help from you guys. Are they reputable? They seem very friendly and their response time is very quick!

Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

have not heard of them.

www.vrbo.com - get good reviews

so does windsor hill rental sites

4. GingerJay

GingerJay DIS Veteran

The houses do look beautiful, and they are pretty well priced, too. I would be interested to see if anyone has anything to offer on these homes :)

5. SOKO

SOKO Earning My Ears

This is our 2nd time renting from Amazing Disney homes. He presents tons of to do things, hints, time saving ideas, directions to and from Disney world, grocery stores and so on so forth and his homes are great! I would highly recommend to rent from him for a Florida vacation.

6. sympatico

sympatico DIS Veteran

According to the tax records they own 6 properties, 5 of which are at the Island Club Resort and the other at Somerset. Island Club is on the west end of 192 off Lindfields Blvd and Somerset is off Poincianna Blvd which is east of Old Town a little.

7. avance

avance Earning My Ears

We are staying at Lion Kings in June!!! I am really excited. I found him through vrbo.com and Frank has been very professional. So far so good!

8. tizzo692

tizzo692 Earning My Ears

I think we're staying at Lion King this fall, and was hoping to get a first hand account from someone who's been there. Anything we should know before we show up? Thanks!

Tony

9. tednvon

tednvon DIS Veteran

Hello, we are very familar with these condos as we have stayed in the complex at Island Club and Somerset in the past and now stay just around the corner from Island Club for 3 months in the winter.

These are older condos that look to me like they have been very nicely renovated. They dropped greatly in value during the housing crash and were selling for as low as 60K. Looks like investors bought low and renovated into nice units.
    The master has a nice tiled walk in shower and the location for each is excellent to get to Disney. Look closely at price and you see cleaning and taxes added which is 13% for this area. IMHO they are a good, not a great deal at this price. Condos at Bahama Bay and Legacy Dunes rent on www.vrbo.com for under $80/night all the time. I do not want to discourage you as they are very nice but not a super deal for 2 or 3 bedroom condos in the current market.

The pool is small but clean and well heated. Upstairs units appear much more spacious as they have cathedral ceilings. I think you will find them more than adequate for a vacation.

Ted

10. coolertime

coolertime Earning My Ears

We stayed in the Tinkerbell suite in the Villas of Somerset complex (AmazingDisneyHomes) -- very clean, spacious and comfortable (6 beds plus couch). A few minutes away from disney, about 20 minutes or so to Universal, and about 25 minutes to the airport. A block away from 192, the main street with all the restaurants, flea markets, Fun Spot (rides), grocery stores, Starbucks, etc. etc.

We had a problem with unscheduled maintenance while we were there (out of their control), and the water had to be shut down. I was totally amazed by the response from the management company. They kept in constant touch with us, apologizing profusely and they even hand delivered a bunch of extra drinking water right to our room. Kudos to Frank and Tracey for taking such good care of us during this problem. You can really tell a lot about the quality of the place you're staying in, by how quickly and effectively they deal with problem situations if they arise.

I would highly recommend staying in this unit or any unit managed by AmazingDisneyHomes.

Thanks for a great vacation!!