• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone ever lied to their work to go to Disney?

brocklesnar69

Proud to be a Villain
Hi. I was just curious if anyone has made up a story to their work so they could get time off to go to Disney? (Land/World).:rotfl2:

If yes, Were they believable, did it get you the time off?:woohoo:

What were the stories?

I'm not talking about 'real' stories, Im refering to 'false' stories, just so you could leave to go to Disney. Anyone? Anyone?:cool2:

popcorn:: :teacher: :hourglass pirate:

I tryed it once.... and it worked!:rolleyes1

I don't have to. My boss is totally happy for me when I'm able to visit MIckey. She even gives me the time off when I don't have vacation time available...as long as I ask her ahead of time. Of course I don't get paid for my time off, but I think it's great that she lets me go anyway. :)

I don't have to. My boss is totally happy for me when I'm able to visit MIckey. She even gives me the time off when I don't have vacation time available...as long as I ask her ahead of time. Of course I don't get paid for my time off, but I think it's great that she lets me go anyway. :)

Grrrrrr. That is AWESOME!!!!!

But, I wanna here some stories:sad1:

Anyone, Anyone:confused:

Tell us your story. I've never lied to go to Disney but I've called in sick when I wasn't :banana:

I did once, but it's not an exciting story at all. My friends invited me on the trip last minute. I was already off that weekend, so I just needed Monday off. Monday morning, as I was walking from the hotel to the entrance, I just called and said I had food poisoning and couldn't come in. It was fine, but I also knew in advance that I had no appointments that day and nothing pressing that I needed to get done.

Personally, I don't want to hear ANYONE's story about lying. Why are you looking to validate that kind of behavior on a Disney board?

I don't really think this is an inappropriate topic...

I can't believe you got away with 2 weeks off like that, though! Did you give them lots of notice, and just use the 'wedding' as an excuse?

Hi. I was just curious if anyone has made up a story to their work so they could get time off to go to Disney? (Land/World).:rotfl2:

What were the stories?

I'm not talking about 'real' stories, Im refering to 'false' stories, just so you could leave to go to Disney. Anyone? Anyone?:cool2:

I think this is a great topic for discussion :thumbsup2 Good for a laugh...anyways you're signature is really cool.

What were the stories?

No, but my husband was up for a job where he wouldn't get vacation for a year, and you can bet I was looking for loopholes...

He's re-applying for the same job this fall. If I read stories that are plausible enough, I may use some of these yet. ;)

I have not lied to work to go to DL, but in back in my high school years at Bolsa Grande, I ditched about 3-4 times to go to DL.

Btw..I was a good student, so this did not affect my grades:rolleyes1

I haven't, but I would!

I'm a stay at home mom now. If I told the kids I had a scrapbooking conference in California, and then went to Disneyland, you think they'd notice?:rolleyes:

ETA: My dh would probably rat me out!

Yeah I do it all the time... except I work at home for myself and try to convince myself that it is "ok" to take the day off. Sucks when your friends call you at 10am asking the ever-so-hard question of... "Hey want to go to Disneyland today?"

Even though I have 20+ hours of things to catch up with for work, I still go. I'm a good boss to myself :rolleyes1 :woohoo:

Naw, no need to lie, I just tell them we are going and they are happy for me. And yes, I could get the time off even if I'm out of vacation time, I just don't get paid for it.

I work for myself, i find I'm a very accomodating boss.

I do fib to my patients though! I will take the occasional long weekend and when I do you can bet my front desk is using the phrase "training confrence" a lot more than Disneyland to explain my absence!:lmao:

I work with a lot of geriatric patients. My younger (under 70) don't mind me being gone and rather encourage it from time to time but some of the older folks would have a fit if they needed me and I wasn't available right away because of somthing they don't consider important. (The kind of work I do is never life or death but it is important for quality of life).

I love my work, and my older patients. I've just learned what I can and can't tell them without causing an uproar.:rolleyes1

Never lied to a boss to go to the parks, but I was getting kinda well known for taking 2 hour lunches and visiting DL/DCA when I was working Census 2000 in the neighborhoods around Anaheim... :cool1:

I work for myself, i find I'm a very accomodating boss.

I do fib to my patients though! I will take the occasional long weekend and when I do you can bet my front desk is using the phrase "training confrence" a lot more than Disneyland to explain my absence!:lmao:

I work with a lot of geriatric patients. My younger (under 70) don't mind me being gone and rather encourage it from time to time but some of the older folks would have a fit if they needed me and I wasn't available right away because of somthing they don't consider important. (The kind of work I do is never life or death but it is important for quality of life).

I love my work, and my older patients. I've just learned what I can and can't tell them without causing an uproar.:rolleyes1

I have found out that many times when dealing with older patients like myself that each and everyone seems to think their problem is the most important one. When I am working my present job here at home I have found it better just to give the patients the simple facts that I am out of the office and expected to return.......we also have arrangements with others for the "BIG" problem which seems to happen when I go away. We all have to get away and most understand. I agree with you are saying.

Jack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter